Kawasaki Er6n

12DrinkMore

Regarding screen Tony,

Just bought Two Wheel Only magazine and they claim the new 09 ER6n has a dedicated Kawasaki screen made for it, check it up with Kawasaki UK for extras and give the part number to Kawasaki here and they might be able to dig up a screen for you, who knows?

Cheers Bard

Cheers Bard!

The guys at Kawasaki here in Thailand told me it will be another couple of months before Kawasaki starts to sell genuine accessories for the 2009 ER-6n. They said that Givi has already visited the factory to measure the new bike so hope they'll be making luggage for it soon.

Looking at the various Kawasaki sites I'm still under the impression that they've not yet made (or aren't yet selling) the accessories for the new 2009 ER-6n.

If you look up genuine Kawasaki accessories for the older (2006-2008) ER-6n then you can find a lot of genuine parts and accessories, but if you look only at 2009 the choices are still very limited:

http://www.kawasaki.co.uk/product.asp?Id=3...F6662&Sub=5

http://www.kawasaki.ca/accessories/index.p...=2009&cat=0

Most of these genuine Kawasaki parts are for the older 2006-2008 ER-6n:

http://www.dkmotorcycles.co.uk/dkonline/ne...;product_id=353

It's quite all right- I'm enjoying the bike as it is and will look forward to tricking it out as new parts become available.

Happy Trails!

Tony

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, these things are just sounding better and better. I think I'm now just about comitted to buying one without having actually seen one in the flesh. Good to hear they have a fuel gauge. I found it really annoying on a TDM I had a few years ago that it didn't have one, especially since the TDM drank the fuel. I think for me the orange sounds a good colour choice, I've learnt to consider what colour looks good dirty.

Hey folks- I'm just trying this out, so apologies if it doesn't work:

w400h233_SHARK_ER6n.jpg

WOW, Your a fast worker....changed ur colour scheme already :o

Heh heh- just playin' when I should be workin' :D

But it's a cool toy they have on that website for playing with the look of the bike. :D

Might be fun to get a custom paint job some day. There are certainly many skilled painters in the Land of Smile!

Um, the first link is a signal canceler.

Second link seems to have the product needed to add hazard lights to a Ninja 250R:

http://www.kriss.com/hazardflasher.php

Guess one would install the flush mounted switch on the fairing somewhere- not ideal, but better than nothing.

Sorry I was just googleing them and didnt find the one I had seen before..

What is the hazard issue ?? That there isnt one ??

Because one of these clever microprocessor signal flashers provides one.. As I said one I saw had hold 1 sec short signal, hold a couple of secs longer signal, hold a few secs long signal, quickly do a left then right for hazards or something similar to that..

Sorry I was just googleing them and didnt find the one I had seen before..

What is the hazard issue ?? That there isnt one ??

Because one of these clever microprocessor signal flashers provides one.. As I said one I saw had hold 1 sec short signal, hold a couple of secs longer signal, hold a few secs long signal, quickly do a left then right for hazards or something similar to that..

Yeah- the issue is that the Ninja 250R has no hazard light switch. I was happy to get one on the ER-6n.

Conversation should probably be continued on the Ninja 250 thread :o

Yo Brian Here,

I saw his hot bike in Pattaya teo days ago since it is made in thailand how can I buy one asap............................................................................

.........................I sw a

As this bike is supposed to be out next month with a price of around 280,000 I thought it might be a good idea to start a topic.

Anybody have some "real" information about whether it is going to happen? Or can we expect to see a protracted wait, just like the Ninja 250?

Woohoo!

Picked up my new ER-6n today and am loving it! Showed up a bit late on account of a flat tire on the truck this morning so one guy got ahead of me but no worries- the folks at Kawasaki are always a pleasure to deal and joke with and my missus went across the street to get food for everyone and we all had a good time.

Here's the guy who camped out (kidding!) to get his ER-6n first today:

012809KawasakiSm.jpg

He hasn't ridden in 10 years but the ER-6n has lured him back to biking. How cool is that? :o

Since I already bought a bike from them before it was easier this time as they had most of the paperwork already filled out ahead of time, which was a nice touch.

Despite the tough economy it seems Kawasaki Thailand is struggling with more sales than they know what to do with - when I arrived they were in the process of setting up a KLX, a D-Tracker and another ER6n for customers who got there before me. They had many more bikes to set up later in the day as well and their service area is PACKED and the techs are very busy.

Kawasaki Rama 9 used to be pretty quiet but now it's crazy busy and bustling all day long. They have 6 bike lifts in the service area and tons of mechanics but it's no longer enough so they're using the elevator to send bikes upstairs where they've installed additional work space. They're also sending staff from the factory in Rayong to assist the service department in Bangkok!

The nice thing about upstairs is the air conditioning!

ER6nService.jpg

Getting the bike serviced in the afternoon. How many techs does it take to change an oil filter? Three apparently! - Pardon the terrible pic- I snapped it with my phone...

I didn't mind waiting in the morning though- I enjoyed checking out the new Ninja ZX10R (SEXY!) which they plan to start selling in March and my wife is still trying to talk me into buying a Vulcan (NO THANKS!) and enjoyed getting those big cruisers between her legs :D

Put nearly 200km on the ER-6n today and it's a wicked fun bike. I've never ridden anything quite like it and it does take a little getting used to. Been a while since I've been on a proper "Big Bike". As much as I loved (and still love) the Ninja 250R, there's really no way the Ninjette can mess you up no matter how hard you crank on the throttle. The ER-6n requires a little more "respect" :D

The handlebars on the ER-6n are relatively high compared to all of the sport bikes I've owned in the past, and having the mirrors on the handlebars again is something I've only experienced on dirt bikes and need to get used to.

Wicked torque- very easy to pop wheelies with just a twist of the wrist. I got a little sideways :D on one of Bangkok's greasy roads, partially from giving too much gas, and probably also because the new Dunlop SportMaxs weren't scrubbed in yet.

I'm pleasantly surprised at the volume of the stock exhaust- whenever I split lanes or come to a traffic light the ER-6n is easy to hear and if I give the throttle a little twist people tend to get out of the way. :P The Ninja 250R stock exhaust in contrast is incredibly quiet (and hurts the performance of the bike) and I think in Thailand it's quite helpful and safe to have a bike that people can hear.

Not many decent pics yet, but I'll work on that over the days to come.

Fun fun bike! Hooligan is the word that keeps popping into my head... :wai: That's really the way the ER-6n is meant to be ridden- balls out and in your face!

Everyone should run down to the dealership and take one for a spin- guaranteed to put a smile on your face and a hole in your wallet! :D

Put about 200km on my new ER-6n today and I'm loving it! Looking forward to riding to the Lopburi Bike Rally this weekend and hope to see you there!

012809ER6nMeCharnSm.jpg

Happy Trails!

Tony

Great stuff Tony, all the best.

My mate picked his new black ER6n up from South Pattaya a couple of hours ago.. He's a happy camper and say's the bike rides beautifully. Plenty of grunt and great balance thru the traffic. There are three orange and one black one left now.. The salesman said he wasn't sure when he's going to get any more stock.. Seems they are flying out the door.. So if ya want one you'd better hurry up I'd guess..

Hi Guys!

Had a chance to take a little video this afternoon so you can hear what the stock exhaust sounds like on the 2009 ER-6n:

It actually sounds a bit louder and deeper in real life, but that was the best I could do with my Canon Powershot :o

Happy Trails!

Hi Guys!

Had a chance to take a little video this afternoon so you can hear what the stock exhaust sounds like on the 2009 ER-6n:

It actually sounds a bit louder and deeper in real life, but that was the best I could do with my Canon Powershot :o

Happy Trails!

Brilliant, can't wait to get mine.

Here are a couple of pictures of the digital display on the 2009 ER-6n that you requested, along with a video-

Lovely sandal next to the speedo, where can I get a pair?

:o:D :D

Oh, and what's going free with the bike? Hopefully not another matt black braincase protector?

I just picked up my new black ER6 in Pattaya today. They have sold their entire allotment but they are keeping a bike in the showroom for the grand opening on Feb 14th. They give you nothing free with the bike, apart from fun.

The low down power of the bike is amazing. It pulls like a train in 6th from 80KPH. There is no need to change down. It suits my style of riding better than the Ninja. Its really comfortable. At 120KP and above you can feel the wind a lot (or maybe that was last nights lamb vindaloo, Norman W!). I'll order a screen when they become available.

The bike sounds amazing, the exhaust is really loud. I revved it at the lights and Somchai and Somkid almost fell off their scooters.

The wife thinks it looks weird. But she grudgingly admitted that its comfortable on the back, unlike the Ninja. I think the dog likes it, I think it has a similar shape to my dog, she's an English Bull Terrier.

To Bard and his gang, I might swing by the secret soi later.

Live the dream

I'm gonna shamelessly hijack this thread. I took delivery of my XJR1300 today... what a ride :o So comfy, and yet so powerful and nimble. It's a brand new sensation going full bore and knowing the front wheel is only skimming the road :D Tomorrow it's going STRAIGHT into Red Baron for steel braided lines and possibly new brake pads. This thing takes FOREVER to slow down, and the mechanics there reckon that my disc and possibly my pads have been fouled with oil at some point. Hope this doesn't turn out to be too expensive.

I'm gonna shamelessly hijack this thread. I took delivery of my XJR1300 today... what a ride :o So comfy, and yet so powerful and nimble. It's a brand new sensation going full bore and knowing the front wheel is only skimming the road :D Tomorrow it's going STRAIGHT into Red Baron for steel braided lines and possibly new brake pads. This thing takes FOREVER to slow down, and the mechanics there reckon that my disc and possibly my pads have been fouled with oil at some point. Hope this doesn't turn out to be too expensive.

If you think we all need to know that, which, to be honest I don't and certainly anybody else hoping to increase their knowledge or pursue their interest in the Kawasaki ER6N doesn't give a hoot about your particular braking problems, or indeed Red Baron, who don't sell the Kawasaki ER6N anyway, why didn't you start your own personal thread? Or would that have been too lonely for you?

I guess you are the sort of person who will leap into any conversation and just blast away with what interests you at that particular time, and has no consideration about the other members of the global population and their interests.

Why did you choose this thread? Surely "general topics" would have been a far better venue, as you could have bored even those not interested in motorcycles with your particular motorcycle and its brakes?

I never said it had anything to do with the ER6-n :o and yes I thought it would have been too lonely starting my own thread. I chose this thread just to share the info with my mates that I finally got my bike! If you had a problem with it you could have just PMed me, ya know. I won't bite your head off.

Congrads on getting ur new bike Zzinged. Hopefully they sort ur brakes out asap....hate to see you on the market for a new bike or body.

+1...i test rode one of those- you'll definetly be needing good brakes :o

on topic---- looking forward to seeing these Er6n's in Pattaya in 2 weeks!

In order to square things off here with the rest of the forum users who were affected by my intent of friendly banter, I do apologise to anyone upset by my off topic comments; my intentions on this forum are not to make enemies. My post regarding my new bike were totally unrelated to the topic at hand, and the topic creator has expressed his anger and his discontent at my having brought it up. I hope I did not inconvenience too many people. I had thought this forum to be a place where biking enthusiasts were able to come together to talk shop. I shall try my best to only post relevant messages in their respective threads from now on out.

In order to make this post ON TOPIC, check out what this tuning house did to their ER6:

LSL-KwakER6n_14welte.jpg

lsl-ninja-650.jpg

kawa-er6-lsl-8.jpg

Seems like they were going for a supermoto kinda look...

Info here, if you can read French

Horrible speedo mod.. Theres loads of cool after market instrument pods out there and a tuning house can drop the $$ on a nice clean digital unit like the koso's or something..

I like it minus the side flares, but kinda like the small belly pan to hide the exhaust lines and give it a more brutal shape there.. Been checking out belly pan options for later in my conversion too.

Archived