Kawasaki Er6n

12DrinkMore

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Livinlos, what belly pan o.O

And yea... that's about all I could find on this bike actually. Info seems scarce. If someone could do a search in German I'm sure they'd find more info than me. As for the instruments... whether it's in the original position or their new weirder position, it's still something that looks like it's stuck; something not very well integrated. (DA CLOCK POD)

Here's the translated text:

Modifications such pushed on a beautiful motor bike like the ER-6, I do not know you but me, I adore! The roadster Coffee, just like his/her sister trail are very beautiful machines, whose line is unfortunately weighed down for the pilot well-being and the respect of the legislation. LSL, the company whose parts are imported by Bihr Racing reconsidered the ER-6 for a maximum of effectiveness and a look very racing.

Modifications part-cycle and engine

Fork and shock absorber White Power equip the beautiful one, which is also equipped with a disc of brake Riwi 310mm bitten by a clamp 6 Nissin pistons. Large matos! The engine is not remains, since thorough about it to 87 [HP] which howls through the exhaust scorpion in low position.

Aesthetic modifications

The guard mud pre-1940s style, the support of plate, the indicators with leds, the ends of handlebar and the very beautiful [wing mirrors] orders come from catalogue LSL. the handlebar of origin is replaced by a model cross-country race.

The saddle is personalized and the back relieved of the [grab handles]. the rear light is replaced by a more discrete model.

The meters occupy a position surprising, fixed on the tank, right in front of the [fuel cap].

The headlight is that of Yamaha FZ6, fixed by aluminum legs cut in the mass. Finer than the origin, it adapts however very well to the general line.

The déco is obviously with colors LSL, a very beautiful unit red and decorated white of original decorations…!

Like S2 Concept for the ver6, LSL successful thus to transform the basic ER-6 into an aggressive and radical roadster, without profound changes. They propose via this succeeded show-bike of many ideas for the owners wishing to bring a key racing to their motor bike. If you also like these parts, made a turn on www.sabine-welte.de or Bihr Racing

Horrible speedo mod..

You took the words out of my mouth....

I'd agree with what your saying, but having it perched up high like the standard one is a little bit odd too. I wonder what it weighs....maybe the whole unit could go by the wayside & you could just mount a red light for redline....afterall who cares how fast one is going....wots that behing me? :D tis the bib chasing me with their motorscooters :o

Went to look at the ER-6N yesterday at the new Kawasaki showroom on Sukhumvit here in Pattaya. Lots of interest in it and a few Japanese techies in white overalls, one (at least) of whom spoke perfect English and chatted to me about it, but as if he was a punter. Quite a high seat and the view of the speedo right there in front of you, almost a heads up I guess.

Friendly shop where, upon my return from exile to the UK I shall be placing my readies down for one...or the ZZR, which looked nice...

I sat on the Vulcan (?) Harley style cruiser, bloody h*ll like a battleship, are they any fun I ask, not made for a quick getaway, have to check the radar for other shipping, haul up the anchors, cast off....

My heart went out to the D-Tracker 250, and the Ninja, could live with a stable of bikes quite happily, but back in the real world, the ER6 will do for me.

PP

good write up on the er6 in this month's fast bikes mag. bottom line, they give it an overall rating of 9/10

Thats excellent considering alot of articles years back branded the bike as an entry level bike.....suddenly its a 9/10.

Personally, if you enjoy the ride then go for it......I never know which mag is coping what to say whatever?

good write up on the er6 in this month's fast bikes mag. bottom line, they give it an overall rating of 9/10

Thats excellent considering alot of articles years back branded the bike as an entry level bike.....suddenly its a 9/10.

Personally, if you enjoy the ride then go for it......I never know which mag is coping what to say whatever?

Well Fast Bikes gave it a 9/10 because it was a fun bike that was also excellent value for money. It simply did things right.

Lovely sandal next to the speedo, where can I get a pair?

:o:D:D

Oh, and what's going free with the bike? Hopefully not another matt black braincase protector?

LOL! For 225,000 Thai Baht Kawasaki will give you get one kick a$$ hooligan bike and a 2 year unlimited warranty and send you on your way. But if you pay ~437,000 Thai Baht you can get a sweet Yammie FZ6 and a lot of freebies... Honestly, if you've got the dough and need a lot of service I'd say go for the Yammie. I'm happy as a pig in poop with my ER-6n, but to each his own.

It's been pretty funny- I've was hanging out at the Kwacker dealership a lot last week and a lot of people came in to test drive the ER-6 and to ask about discounts and freebies, and the salespeople just laugh and tell 'em that at 225K they needn't bother asking. :D

Hey all you ER-6n fans!

A few pics of the ER-6n in action at the Lopburi Bike Week-

013109ER6nNinjaSm.jpg

Rode up via Khao Yai National Park- the ER-6n was awesome on the twisties!

013109KhaoYaiMonNongSm.jpg

Even with the missus on the back the ER-6n had plenty of power to rocket along and she stuck to the road like glue.

Ithailian gave chase on his Ninja 250R and Thumchok (sp?) brought up the rear on his ZZR1400. :D

013109KhaoYaiStop1Sm.jpg

Here's the missus showing off the ER-6n in Lopburi-

013109LobBuriNongSm.jpg

Did you know that Lopburi is famous for monkeys? :Dmonkey.gif:wai:monkey.gif:omonkey.gif:D

013109LobBuriResortER6nSm.jpg

If you need a place to stay in Lopburi check out the Lopburi Inn Resort- a great place to "monkey around"! monkey.gifmonkey.gifmonkey.gif

013109LobBuriResortUsZm.jpg

The ER-6n fits me great. It's taller than your average sport bike and the bars are higher too. Quick off the line, still haven't found the top end, powerful brakes, very light and nimble, and solid, confident suspension.

020109AMRideMeZm.jpg

As some of you know, I sometimes like to ride a bit fast :D The ER-6n DEFINITELY needs a screen for high speed cruising. I found that above 140km/hr that the wind bounced my helmet around quite a bit and I've got a sore neck to show for it. At 180km/hr the wind turbulence becomes downright dangerous. I suppose that if I didn't have the tank bag I could tuck in and perhaps get some protection from the instrument pod. Still, I'm going to go searching all over Bangkok this week for some sort of screen to slap on before the long ride to Udon Thani.

Tony, nice update. I was going to mention earlier that the ER-6 looked kinda 'short' but didn't want to put my foot in my mouth. However, with that picture of the three bikes, overall height appears to be similar to the Ninja 250's. Seat must be higher on the ER-6 according to the way I'm looking at the picture, although that could be the camera's perspective fooling me.

Would be interesting to know what the top speed is though...just don't let your featherweight frame get blown off of the bike; as I recall our friend on his T-Rex(which I'm assuming weighs a bit more than your ER-6) was having problems at 150+....and he has a quite big build than you.

I'm a bit envious now, perhaps I do need to break down and get one but only being home every 4 months it probably wouldn't do the bike right-wife won't even let her brother ride the lil Ninja so I know for sure a 600 bike would be feeling neglected to only be ridden that infrequently.

One quick question; why is your tank bag on the 'slope' of the gas tank? Is there not enough metal further forward to attach it or does it get in the way of the controls?

Tony, nice update. I was going to mention earlier that the ER-6 looked kinda 'short' but didn't want to put my foot in my mouth. However, with that picture of the three bikes, overall height appears to be similar to the Ninja 250's. Seat must be higher on the ER-6 according to the way I'm looking at the picture, although that could be the camera's perspective fooling me.

The ER-6n is only slightly taller than the Ninja 250R at the seat, but the bars on the ER-6n are significantly higher than the clip ons on the Ninja- I want to say ~4-6 inches or so.

Would be interesting to know what the top speed is though...just don't let your featherweight frame get blown off of the bike; as I recall our friend on his T-Rex(which I'm assuming weighs a bit more than your ER-6) was having problems at 150+....and he has a quite big build than you.

I'll try to find the top end this week, but until I get a screen I will not be comfortable at speeds above 140km/hr

One quick question; why is your tank bag on the 'slope' of the gas tank? Is there not enough metal further forward to attach it or does it get in the way of the controls?

LOL! I have to keep the tank bag pressed up against me otherwise it tries to fly away if I'm going over ~140km/hr. :o Trent had the same problem on his XJR1300. I am going to look for a snap on bag because magnetic just doesn't seem to cut it at high speeds on a naked bike.

Bike looks hot and seems to fit you like a glove !!

Tho if ever a machine needed a tail tidy package thats the one !!

No red plates ??

If you pay for the bike with cash (full payment) you don't get any red plates, you just have to wait for your plates to be made & delivered. Its only a problem at night because I kept getting stopped by the bib telling me that you cant ride at night without plates, irregarless or not if everything has been paid for.

Nice pics Tony & great update, thanks for that. Hope you are having as much fun with your new ride as I think you are. :o

Yes you're not allowed to drive without plates after 18:00

Cheers Bard

Yes Bard, thats what they told me...but because I ordered a special plate (DIC HEAD ME) I was waiting for about 3 weeks, so I came up with a new plan....basically I just stopped stopping for the BIB, they new who I was but never came to visit >>>> they must have read the warnings on their database about me >>>> :o:D MAJOR :D:D

Picked up my new toy today. Wonderful, love it already. Plenty of torque, which suits me. Just turn your wrist and you have passed the traffic. Much more nimble than the BMW K100 I had in the old country years ago.

The Kawasaki shop here in CM received only 5 bikes and they have all been sold.

Chris

Congrats jchfriis!

The Orange ER-6n looks awesome! Is that a Ninja 250R I see hiding behind your ER-6n? I love my new ER-6n but I also miss my Ninjette.

Only 5 bikes were sent to Chiang Mai? I imagine the bike will sell like mad up there, if they can just keep it in stock. The ER-6n is an awesome bike for the twisty roads of northern Thailand and I can't wait to ride up to Udon Thani next week.

Happy Trails!

Tony

Picked up my new toy today. Wonderful, love it already. Plenty of torque, which suits me. Just turn your wrist and you have passed the traffic. Much more nimble than the BMW K100 I had in the old country years ago.

Chris

The orange looks a lot more subtle in the flesh than in promo pics.. Would probably be my choice too...

Great bike and great ride country for you..

Hi Tony, I'm getting about 200 KM per tank. I don't ride too fast, not above 120KPH. The Ninja got almost double that. Is your bike quite loud? I like it but it can scare some people a bit at traffic lights if you twist the throttle. It gets you noticed on the secret soi.

Let me know how you get on with the screen as I could do with that. Also if you find out about removing the awful huge plastic thing at the back.

Chris

Good on you Chris....Your bike looks hot! (Almost matches the tiles :o ). What bike are you hiding in the background....looks like you have a collection going.

Hi Tony, I'm getting about 200 KM per tank. I don't ride too fast, not above 120KPH. The Ninja got almost double that. Is your bike quite loud? I like it but it can scare some people a bit at traffic lights if you twist the throttle. It gets you noticed on the secret soi.

Let me know how you get on with the screen as I could do with that. Also if you find out about removing the awful huge plastic thing at the back.

Thanks Big Guns!

Cool, then I guess I'm getting proper mileage, but it is quite a change from the fuel efficient Ninja 250R isn't it?!

I love the stock exhaust- really turns heads and in my opinion having a bike that's too quiet, like the stock Ninja 250R, is rather dangerous here in Thailand.

I just got rid of the tail piece today, but with it went the turn signals and license plate holder, so I'm off this afternoon to look for some flush mount signals and some way to hang my plate once I receive it. I'll post some pics asap!

Happy Trails!

Tony

Chris

Good on you Chris....Your bike looks hot! (Almost matches the tiles :o ). What bike are you hiding in the background....looks like you have a collection going.

That's the Ninja 250R - My driveway is starting to look like a regular Kawasaki showroom :D

Archived