Bus Late Night From Airport To Pattaya

deejah

i am pretty sure that i can catch a van from pat klang to the international airport in bangkok for 300 baht

i am open to other suggestions

plan to arrive back in Thailand late at night, i think around midnight give or take

what are my (low cost) options please?

if i need to take a taxi from the airport to pattaya, can i find one for 800 or less and where?

or am i going to get taken for a 'ride'

thanks

sorry no time to search this much talked about topic

i am pretty sure that i can catch a van from pat klang to the international airport in bangkok for 300 baht

plan to arrive back in Thailand late at night, i think around midnight give or take

if i need to take a taxi from the airport to pattaya, can i find one for 800 or less and where?

thanks

You're out of luck. The last Pattaya bus is about 7pm.

Airport taxis run at 1,400 baht last time I checked.

You're cheapest option is to prearrange an airport pickup. The cheapest is 1000.

Of course if you're a real Cheap Charlie, you could sleep at the airport and catch the first bus to Pattaya at 8am.

Mister T, afair 1000 inkl. highway dont have the number here, will write it down later. To the airport its 900 Baht. New Cars and good drivers. I use him everytime if I dont use the bus.

Do not use Mr T - cannot rely on him and tells lies when he does not turn up - has happened to other TV members

the cheap taxis usually wont show up. you could stay at the airport til about 4 am, then get the airport bus going to sukumvit area, then a cheap taxi to Ekamai bus station; you could then get the first bus to pattaya from there which is about 5 Am o'clock in the morning.;

i think there is also an airport bus stop outside the airport like 2 kilometers away, there is a shuttle to get there, not sure of the house the shuttle operates. you can get a bus from there going to pattaya but it will make many stops; might be same bus that originates in ekamai so might be best just to head to sukumvit ekamai bus station.

you could also ask everyone in the taxi line and see if there is someone else going to pattaya and share a taxi with them; at 12 oclock midnight there should be lots of people waiting for taxis .

Use Mr.T. taxi from airport to Pattaya. He will charge you 900 THB. all incl. E-mail : [email protected]

Phone 66-38-720-318; Mobile 081 258 7716

Again :

Do not use Mr T - cannot rely on him and tells lies when he does not turn up - has happened to other TV members - not reliable in any way shape or form !!

Use Mr.T. taxi from airport to Pattaya. He will charge you 900 THB. all incl. E-mail : [email protected]

Phone 66-38-720-318; Mobile 081 258 7716

Again :

Do not use Mr T - cannot rely on him and tells lies when he does not turn up - has happened to other TV members - not reliable in any way shape or form !!

I had just good experience with Mister T, so did my friends till now. Its not so difficult to find a taxi at the airport btw.

To answer the OP´s question. Cheap Charlie way if you dont catch the 7pm is going with the bus to Bangkok (Victory Monument or Oh Nut) cant remember the numbers. Thats more or less 35 Baht. Take Sky Train to Ekamay and then the regular bus to Pattaya.

There is an airport bus station. There are buses from there to Jomtien and to Pattaya directly. These buses to not make any stops and are express and only about 120 or so baht. The first bus is 6am.

I usually catch the bus, but if arrival is after hours i exit the airport terminal at the arrival floor.

then as the taxi arrive letting people out, just ask them if they want to take you to Pattaya, i told not ask this taxi guy 800b all up to Jomtien and he said jump in. they are to happy to get a customer straight away. they cannot chat to much as the seurity tewll them to move on, so they make out that they where there to pick you up, so act a little pal'y to play the game.

easy pesy.

Just chat it up with a few people while on the plane or in the waiting area before you get on the plane that took you to Bangkok or while in line at immigration or outside by the taxi line. It is very likely some people are headed to Pattaya, either taking a taxi or even getting picked up by somebody. Offer to split the fare. I have had a few people that wanted to, but I already had other plans. Pros and Cons, but may be a workable approach.

• 2 weeks later...

I Picked up a car through a tout out from Arrivals. I was meeting a friend to take home to Pattaya. It was a very unplesent experience-- by the time we stoped for gass, then he sold us to another driver in some back street carpark. The new driver asked for more money than the original driver who had allready sprung tols on axtra to the agreed price. The second driver then wanted to be paid up front-- and put on an angry act: complaining, driving fast and without headlights. Its an unusual experience to run in to thick neck Marfia types in Thailand, but enough to teach me not deal with touts from the airport ever again.

thanks

Are you talking about from Survanapoom to Pattaya? You can easily find a taxi for 1000 baht... Just go outside and say 800 and don't budge past 1000 you will easily find a ride if it doesn't find you...make sure you let them know it is for everything...tolls etc... and make sure they know you mean business from the start... if you look like you'll let yourself get ripped off, or a price hike half way through the ride, or a "toll" charge, they're more likely to try. That being said, I've done it a couple times and never had an issue.

Edited by damian5000

Are you talking about from Survanapoom to Pattaya? You can easily find a taxi for 1000 baht... Just go outside and say 800 and don't budge past 1000 you will easily find a ride if it doesn't find you...make sure you let them know it is for everything...tolls etc... and make sure they know you mean business from the start... if you look like you'll let yourself get ripped off, or a price hike half way through the ride, or a "toll" charge, they're more likely to try. That being said, I've done it a couple times and never had an issue.

The first issue could be your last. No thanks.

The first issue could be your last. No thanks.

Like I said, I've never had any issues with any taxi driver...ever... Are you saying you never take taxis because you're afraid you'll get ripped off.... If you look and act like a goof, yea someday it'll happen... That shouldn't keep the guy from taking a taxi to Pattaya from the airport... (?) Absurd.

Whenever my friends and I need to get to the airport, we usually just go down to Soi Chaiyapruek, Jomten Beach and take the big bus to the airport. They depart from there at 9:00, 13:00, 16:00 & 19:30. Cost is about 120 baht. And you can call therm at 038 231142. If the timing is wrong for the bus, we just go to any of the numerous little booths on Jomtien Beach Road, where it's pretty normal & easy to arrange a taxi to pick you up and go to the airport for 800 baht plus 60 baht for tolls. The vendor will write up your voucher, give you a receipt (with the driver's tel number), and take 300 baht deposit, the remainder to be paid at the airport. Hope this can help you...

:o

Recently coming back into Thailand at BKK Airport, i had missed the last bus back to Pattaya at 7pm, so i priced a taxi up at the box outside, was quoted 1.400 bt, then was approached by this Taxi Driver, I told him what i wanted, i did not wait for his price, i told him, Pattaya 1000 bt inc toll, he replied 1.100 bt, so i accepted. I would have prefered the Bus back as its a nice ride, but had no choice this time due to the flight arrival time.

there were some suggestions about leaving from arrivals

it seems to me what someone was suggesting was actually leaving from the departure floor to get a cab

actually sounds like a good idea

has anyone done this?

looks like i am changing to a late day time arrival

where can i catch the bus back from suwanapoom (sp) to pattaya and how often does it run?

thanks all

Go to the very bottom level near the big self service restaurant. Head outside and look for Bell Travel. Just dug out a slip of paper they gave me last time, every 2 hours from the airport, with the last departure at 6pm.

Just looking again, not sure if the timetable is correct, as they have the first and last trips from Pattaya, give them a call on 038 370055