Ceiling Fans

Sparkles

Recently moved to CM and want to install 4 ceilng fans before summer kicks !

Problem is I dont want fans with lights,fake brass/gold ornaments attahed just a basic wooden,preferably, fan but doing the rounds of Index ,Home pro, Tesco etc they are all the former.

I probably need a specialty shop or decor shop but have yet to locate. Any info would be appreciated

Problem is I dont want fans with lights,fake brass/gold ornaments attahed just a basic wooden,preferably, fan but doing the rounds of Index ,Home pro, Tesco etc they are all the former.

I probably need a specialty shop or decor shop but have yet to locate. Any info would be appreciated

There's an electric supplies specialty shop on Wualai, not too far (150 m?) from the moat, that seems to carry everything imaginable. They probably have what you're looking for, or else they can order it. In my experience they are very helpful.

/ Priceless

Not entirely sure what you are looking for, but my wife and I have bought non-light ceiling fans from HomePro--we just bought one about two weeks ago. We also bought the optional remote and it works great. An added option is that you can turn on the fan using the remote and then select a timed operation, so that it will turn itself off in 1, 3 or 6 hours. We leave the wall switch on permanently and just use the remote now.

There was a huge selection available at Global House but they went up in smoke :o

If you revisit the places you mentioned and look very closely there are a few without lights but only a very limited range.

If you opt for the remote controlled ones then don't have more than one in the same room or the remote will set them all to the setting you press (maybe you only want one on but they will start). The alternative is to use the coded remotes so that only one remote will work for a specific fan but then which remote to use for which fan??? Never thought it would be so confusing :D

There was a huge selection available at Global House but they went up in smoke :o

If you revisit the places you mentioned and look very closely there are a few without lights but only a very limited range.

If you opt for the remote controlled ones then don't have more than one in the same room or the remote will set them all to the setting you press (maybe you only want one on but they will start). The alternative is to use the coded remotes so that only one remote will work for a specific fan but then which remote to use for which fan??? Never thought it would be so confusing :D

The remotes have dip switches that can be set differently for fans in the same room if needed.

Hi there . . . . had the same problem but found

a shop that has a good range to order from their catalogue . . .

we ordered on Saturday and it arrived today.

Not sure the name of the shop, but it's just after Carfourre, between Carfourre and Makro

on the ring road, on the same side of the road (Lampang Direction)

They have a good selection of lightless Fans starting at 950 baht

they also have 220v 50w halogen downlighters for 120 baht including bulb

David

There's an electric supplies specialty shop on Wualai, not too far (150 m?) from the moat, that seems to carry everything imaginable. They probably have what you're looking for, or else they can order it. In my experience they are very helpful.

/ Priceless

Short of David Oxen's response (below) about which I'd like to know more, I agree with Priceless. That shop on Wulai Road is on the right (as you head SW from the moat). I don't believe parking is available on the left side of the road (which is narrow). You'll probably will have to doubleback. The owener-manager of that shop is very resourcesful and helpful. But be patient. You are small fry; they have a lot of contractors as clients. It is busy.

What I am after --- and which is really difficult to find --- is a torchiere (sp?) (floor lamp, upward light) reostated halogen lamp. The Wulai actually found me one, but I need a couple more and that shop has been too busy to root one out.

Edited by Mapguy

/ Priceless

Short of David Oxen's response (below) about which I'd like to know more, I agree with Priceless. That shop on Wulai Road is on the right (as you head SW from the moat). I don't believe parking is available on the left side of the road (which is narrow). You'll probably will have to doubleback. The owener-manager of that shop is very resourcesful and helpful. But be patient. You are small fry; they have a lot of contractors as clients. It is busy.

What I am after --- and which is really difficult to find --- is a torchiere (sp?) (floor lamp, upward light) reostated halogen lamp. The Wulai actually found me one, but I need a couple more and that shop has been too busy to root one out.

Thanks for the leads ,will check them out ASAP

/ Priceless

Did you try Lamptitude? On the road to MCormick, starting from the Ping bridge about 300 m in your right.

Not sheap but very good stuff.