Thaksins Police Rank Revoked And........

marshbags

:D It has just been on ASTV that Thaksin has lost his police rank.

Also they are now to pursue him and hopefully bring him back to Thailand.

This follows on from instructions from the Law and issued by the police authorities.

Whats the chances of him also loosing his Dr. considering he has bought his qualifications ( O.K., Alledged, but every chance of being true )

marshbags :o

Mods ( Soundman ) please move if a relative thread is ongoing to accomodate this info and not a misleading observation :D

Edited by marshbags

Thaksin's police rank could be revoked

(BangkokPost.com) - The police are considering removing ousted prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra's police rank as a police lieutenant colonel, according to the assistant to the Royal Thai Police commissioner-general, Pol Lt-Gen Watcharapol Prasarnrajkit.

He said the Disciplinary Division under the Royal Thai Police is deciding whether the fugitive ex-premier's Thaksin police rank as a police lieutenant colonel should be revoked.

On bringing Mr Thaksin back to fight his charges in Thailand, Pol Lt-Gen Watcharapol said relevant officials have to gather evidences and forward them to the attorney for further consideration.

Thaksin's police rank could be revoked

(BangkokPost.com) - The police are considering removing ousted prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra's police rank as a police lieutenant colonel, according to the assistant to the Royal Thai Police commissioner-general, Pol Lt-Gen Watcharapol Prasarnrajkit.

He said the Disciplinary Division under the Royal Thai Police is deciding whether the fugitive ex-premier's Thaksin police rank as a police lieutenant colonel should be revoked.

On bringing Mr Thaksin back to fight his charges in Thailand, Pol Lt-Gen Watcharapol said relevant officials have to gather evidences and forward them to the attorney for further consideration.

I read that also Boater and going on this before posting, asked my wife if it was past tense as in proposed and she reiterated that the police official said they,d taken it away as of now ????

As the headline referred to in one of the daily newspapers The Winds of Change are indeed blowing at a pace.

Edited by marshbags

:D It has just been on ASTV that Thaksin has lost his police rank.

Also they are now to pursue him and hopefully bring him back to Thailand.

This follows on from instructions from the Law and issued by the police authorities.

Whats the chances of him also loosing his Dr. considering he has bought his qualifications ( O.K., Alledged, but every chance of being true )

Mods ( Soundman ) please move if a relative thread is ongoing to accomodate this info and not a misleading observation :D

"Hey guys, guess what I just heard on ASTV!" :D

Your slanted black and white view of the world now makes more sense. Re Taksin, let it go, start to live your life again, and tune out ASTV. In the greater scheme of things it just isn't important, I'm sure he isn't losing sleep over you.

Edited by Jai Dee
Flame deleted.

...They would be better doing a pragmatic, quiet deal with him - shut up and live quietly outside Thailand and we won't sort you out with extreme prejudice.

Yeah, but he wants his 76 billion back. And they won't let him have that! :o

• 3 weeks later...

Bangkok Post,Breakingnews, 8/01/2009 at 04:55 PM

Removal of Thaksin police rank likely

The police's plan to remove deposed prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra's police rank as a police lieutenant colonel came closer, as his fugitive status breaches the police regulation, Police Disciplinary Division chief Panya Angchuan said on Thursday.

The ousted premier fled into exile after the court sentenced him to two years in prison on corruption charges last year. Pol Maj-Gen Panya said the Disciplinary Division had proposed the removal of Mr Thaksin’s police rank to the Personnel Division for assessment on Monday before it will be forwarded to national police commissioner-general Patcharawat Wongsuwan for further consideration. Police Personnel Division chief Chanapat Choeysombat said it would take his division about one to two days to evaluate the information sent by the Disciplinary Division before it will be proposed to Pol Gen Patcharawat. According to the police regulation, Mr Thaksin’s case violates two clauses, after the court ruled him guilty and he evaded imprisonment.

Unquote

Ref url http://www.bangkokpost.com/breakingnews/13...ice-rank-likely

It,s still ongoing and not already decided as my OP / information suggests.

Lost in translation comes to mind ??????

Anyway the good news is............................ ( not for the runner )

He looks like losing his rank as it indicates he clearly violates the regulations highlighted by Police Disciplinary Division chief Panya Angchuan

Edited by marshbags

Love him or hate him, I do have some pity for the man.

It seems that not only do they wish to destroy him, but eat him until there is nothing left.

This Thaksin thing has become a witch hunt and maybe it is time to just call it a day, as surely Mr Thaksin is not the only corrupt politician in the world.

It seems that not only do they wish to destroy him, but eat him until there is nothing left.

This Thaksin thing has become a witch hunt and maybe it is time to just call it a day, as surely Mr Thaksin is not the only corrupt politician in the world.

He hasn't given up trying to get back into politics (in order to get back his 76 billion), so why should they leave it?

I think people would be glad to give it a rest if he stopped agitating to take back power.

His karma will catch up with him, in the next life, some people wish it were sooner than that.

In my case, the dislike is probably cultural, as I find it very offensive that the highest elected-official should run the country for the benefit of his companies & family & friends, rather than for the people. Having been removed from power, he continues to 'bad mouth' Thailand, which I find un-patriotic. He should call it a day.

I do respect his having raised the importance of the poor, as a factor in politics, and his political skills in having stitched together an almost-unbeatable political-alliance in TRT, which was very clever. He might have become a fairly-respected elder-statesman, based on these achievements, had he wished.

His karma will catch up with him, in the next life, some people wish it were sooner than that.

In my case, the dislike is probably cultural, as I find it very offensive that the highest elected-official should run the country for the benefit of his companies & family & friends, rather than for the people. Having been removed from power, he continues to 'bad mouth' Thailand, which I find un-patriotic. He should call it a day.

I do respect his having raised the importance of the poor, as a factor in politics, and his political skills in having stitched together an almost-unbeatable political-alliance in TRT, which was very clever. He might have become a fairly-respected elder-statesman, based on these achievements, had he wished.

slight contradictions there, in one breath you are saying he never ran the country for the people and in the next you praise him for raising the importance of the poor. so obviously he did do things for the people, unless of course the poor are not people :o (slight tongue in cheek from me Ricardo as you also mention the good he managed to do)

now to be fair was he actually removed for corruption or was he removed for ruffling the feathers of the elite? He did more for Thailand than the previous three PMs put together and in my opinion Thailand has not managed to get back to anywhere near the level they were at before the ill judged coup.

As for removing his rank, whoopdedoo, so what? what difference does it make to anything?

Disclaimer: I am neither pro nor anti Thaksin

It,s just been on ASTV LIVE and not a manufactured propoganda job ???

They have to take more time to reach a conclusion.

Pompadom his old lawyer / ex foriegn minister, has just said that he should keep his rank as he has earned it ????????

Words to the effect of " He did everything good in the interests of Thailand, when he was PM....CEO and should be able to retain his rank. "

What a fkcing joke these self serving low life are................ " STILL "

Meanwhile the jails continue to fill up with petty criminals serving mega year sentences for things that render as insignificant, when compared to what these people have done in terms of criminality and offences against the state and it,s institutions.

Edited by marshbags

They would be crazy to bring him back to Thailand, whatever reason lies behind it. They would be better doing a pragmatic, quiet deal with him - shut up and live quietly outside Thailand and we won't sort you out with extreme prejudice.

He won't stop his mudslinging and backstabbing, stick him in a neat locked room could help!

So, let's see, on December 18, ASTV says he has LOST his police rank. Do they have a crystal ball or was it propaganda or maybe wishful thinking?

Correction re your observation.

ASTV were covering a news report that was actually taking place, not manufactured and not propaganda.

The fact is they, along with another scource, hit the nail on the head on that date you refer to ( The OP reports this) as it is now being widely discussed in more depth along similar lines in all media outlets.

Due possibly to translation from my wifes Thai to English re the chaotic reporting news brief, it was in fact being discussed with a view to him losing his rank.

No credit due to me for being on the ball, but ASTV deserve it, for honestly reporting on what was actually happening at the interview / interviews, on the 18th of last month.

IMHO of course. :o

marshbags :D

Edited by marshbags

Yeah, but he's OUR corrupt politician.

(expat in Thailand or Thai local, no matter)

I don't think we have heard the last of Mr. Thaksin, and through conversations with individuals of significant status in Thailand the more I am inclined to learn about this topic

and the more my views change from just what Government, media and opposition want people to think.

Normally I would be the first one to condemn someone purported to be a corrupt politician, in fact I am living in Thailand writing an expose' of gov't and corruption in the U.S. Justice system from personal accounts spanning decades, but..... after strong arguments on the subject I was compelled to learn more and to read between the lines. I did so, and to my surprise, my opinion began to change.

Witch hunt seems to fit. I'd like to see how long the U.S. would last if anyone tried to jail a president, especially over such petty issues, especially after unlawfully being deposed by the military. Does anyone think that Bush or Clinton never had questionable issues raised? Or any other president? What about Nixon? The U.S. is far from perfect, still there would be anarchy under those circumstances. No wonder Thailand is having such pains.

I hope that whatever the future holds for Thailand, it comes with eventual stability and without the intervention of U.N. Forces, because at the rate things are going, a civil war seems imminent. Consider what that would do to Thai culture, pride and way of life.

Sorry to ramble on, but "witch hunt" just seems to fit and I needed to have my say.

:o

Is there any information on this or is it mere scuttlebutt? In the case of his supposed giks at least there were photographs, not that they in themselves prove anything of course.