Australian Drug Smuggler Arrested At Suvarnabhumi

Jai Dee

Thanks for that admission jacky, I always knew you were in the 'system'. So in chosing to get out, you obviously finally came clean & started to see the error in your criminal ways :o OR you escaped from Jail :D . Unless of course you are referring to 'the couple of years you were a police officer or some other 'system rubber neck' who never really understood what was going on & you were highly disliked by your peers and collegues, so you chose to 'get out' of it. Anyway, we are happy for you now that you have found your calling, packing the shelves in Woolworths Supermarket & going on various blogs in you're spare time & judging those YOU think are intelligent or not.

I think dingdongrb has you picked, but he has failed to recognise the fact that the 'system' doesnt even want you & god knows its got enough d#ckheads in it already. Remember now jacky....no prizes second best :D

Why does the expression "fart and chew gum at the same time" keep popping into my mind whenever I read one of your simplistic written expressions? :D

And you are right - no prizes for second. I now surrender :D

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poor bastard. If your gonna be dumb you gotta be tough. I really feel sorry for his daughter. Right now he's feeling pretty sorry for getting caught. I've also locked up a few of his kind. But in 20 years, when he's halfway through his sentence, he will truely be sorry for what he did.

Does Thailand and Aus. have the 8 year policy of completing his sentence back home?

Yup.

He will get Death, commuted to Life because he will admit resposibility, do 8 years in Bangkwang and then go home............. Next :o

I could be misinformed but i think Thailand has not executed any foreigners yet, death penalties for foreigners have always been commuted to life sentences.

Hey TWERP there is no drama queen here. What is a drug baron? Does he live on a ranch somewhere? The drug business is huge, with many levels and in some cases are family run for obvious reasons. You think in a Utopian society where drugs are legal and people are free to party, everything will somehow be better. Criminal penalties sometimes do act as a deterrent and do prevent drug addiction in some cases.

Now taxing drugs like alcohol and cigarettes, sin tax, is the way to go in your drug fueled society. Just where are the users going to get the money to party 24 hours a day? Will their quest for money mirror the crime we see on non-taxed illicit drugs? Will the TAWP police ignore these crimes, violent or not because these people now have the right to party and the tax from drugs now pays their salaries? You are saying the price of drugs is lower, except for the tax, so we can party all night on say 20 Quid for heroin and cocaine? On about the fifth day can the TWAP police give me a ride to the treatment center so I can get some drugs to counter the drugs in my body and get something to eat? Big match on in the evening so can you give me 20 for my legal drugs so I can party all night with my friends again? What will you do about the law abiding non-drug user people who will be a minority group a few years down the road? Maybe the sin tax could be used to fortify the homes and protect the property of the good honest people stuck in TWAP City.

Freedom of speech is a great thing. Even people with crazy ideas can be heard anywhere with this internet media.

In your case, an entirely self evident statement.

Thanks! Usually your writings come from an angry place.

Why does the expression "fart and chew gum at the same time" keep popping into my mind ?

It's probably got to do with you're bad breath Jacky....all that butt kissing you did when you were a parking patrol officer?

Edited by neverdie

Poor bastard. If your gonna be dumb you gotta be tough. I really feel sorry for his daughter. Right now he's feeling pretty sorry for getting caught. I've also locked up a few of his kind. But in 20 years, when he's halfway through his sentence, he will truely be sorry for what he did.

Does Thailand and Aus. have the 8 year policy of completing his sentence back home?

Yup.

He will get Death, commuted to Life because he will admit resposibility, do 8 years in Bangkwang and then go home............. Next :o

I could be misinformed but i think Thailand has not executed any foreigners yet, death penalties for foreigners have always been commuted to life sentences.

Unless you happen to be Nigerian. :D

Could you please stop being a melodramatic drama queen with silly straw man attacks?

What you are describing is what is happening TODAY. What generation was last free of drugs?

Your post must have been written in jest as surely no-one sane can read out that [aimed] future from my posts above.

Again, by excluding the trade from the legal market and by threatening users with jail-times (instead of focusing on helping them) we are making the problem worse. You are creating a separate layer of society where police and social services cannot reach those in need. Instead, if the trade was taxed, regulated and handled like a common commodity (with proper, clear, information about risks and downsides, not hyperbole), we won't only not end up hurting those we should be helping but also get something back from the trade. And we can make sure the drug barons (and the terrorist groups that you want to link to the trade) won't be getting rich from other peoples misfortune anymore. Any drug baron today want it to remain illegal. The prices are high, the profit high and the power ride they are on is a high in itself (barons are rarely users).

This is realpolitik in the face of 80 years of failure in the War of Drugs.

And as a note: The gentleman above have to do his time. He knew what he was doing and took a chance, now deal with it.

Hey TWERP there is no drama queen here. What is a drug baron? Does he live on a ranch somewhere? The drug business is huge, with many levels and in some cases are family run for obvious reasons. You think in a Utopian society where drugs are legal and people are free to party, everything will somehow be better. Criminal penalties sometimes do act as a deterrent and do prevent drug addiction in some cases.

Now taxing drugs like alcohol and cigarettes, sin tax, is the way to go in your drug fueled society. Just where are the users going to get the money to party 24 hours a day? Will their quest for money mirror the crime we see on non-taxed illicit drugs? Will the TAWP police ignore these crimes, violent or not because these people now have the right to party and the tax from drugs now pays their salaries? You are saying the price of drugs is lower, except for the tax, so we can party all night on say 20 Quid for heroin and cocaine? On about the fifth day can the TWAP police give me a ride to the treatment center so I can get some drugs to counter the drugs in my body and get something to eat? Big match on in the evening so can you give me 20 for my legal drugs so I can party all night with my friends again? What will you do about the law abiding non-drug user people who will be a minority group a few years down the road? Maybe the sin tax could be used to fortify the homes and protect the property of the good honest people stuck in TWAP City.

Freedom of speech is a great thing. Even people with crazy ideas can be heard anywhere with this internet media.

Party on dude!

Let me know when you are mature enough to have a grown up, sensible, debate regarding this.

Edited by TAWP

I can't believe that some people here actually support the use of drugs or want to make it legal.

Have you actually seen what it does to people? Have you spoken to people high on crack, or children in their strange cannabis world. Should those be the future of our world? :o

Could you please stop being a melodramatic drama queen with silly straw man attacks?

What you are describing is what is happening TODAY. What generation was last free of drugs?

Your post must have been written in jest as surely no-one sane can read out that [aimed] future from my posts above.

Again, by excluding the trade from the legal market and by threatening users with jail-times (instead of focusing on helping them) we are making the problem worse. You are creating a separate layer of society where police and social services cannot reach those in need. Instead, if the trade was taxed, regulated and handled like a common commodity (with proper, clear, information about risks and downsides, not hyperbole), we won't only not end up hurting those we should be helping but also get something back from the trade. And we can make sure the drug barons (and the terrorist groups that you want to link to the trade) won't be getting rich from other peoples misfortune anymore. Any drug baron today want it to remain illegal. The prices are high, the profit high and the power ride they are on is a high in itself (barons are rarely users).

This is realpolitik in the face of 80 years of failure in the War of Drugs.

And as a note: The gentleman above have to do his time. He knew what he was doing and took a chance, now deal with it.

Party on dude!

Let me know when you are mature enough to have a grown up, sensible, debate regarding this.

Hey thanks for answering my not so rhetorical questions. Sometimes ones position is hard to quantify and I understand. Further discussion would be futile at this point as it seems we have our minds made up. I'll even give you the win if that will make you feel a little better. Ciao!

I can't believe that some people here actually support the use of drugs or want to make it legal.

Have you actually seen what it does to people? Have you spoken to people high on crack, or children in their strange cannabis world. Should those be the future of our world? :o

Don't confuse the subjects.

If it was up to me no-one would use drugs as they would be so clever and contempt with their lives that they didn't feel the need to.

But it is not up to me. And the fact of the matter is that the War on Drugs is a failure.

Your recipe is throwing more tax-money on the problem, longer penalties for sellers and users...and the problem will go away? Last 80 years would tell us it doesn't work. When is enough just enough?

Yes Karl - all this is happening at the moment, under a long tried and utterly failed system.

If you legalise something (and I am primarily talking about heroin), you can achieve a number of things, including:

1. take away (almost entirely) the criminal element, and the associated corruption in law enforcement

2. take people with an illness out of the criminal justice system, and into the health system, where they belong

3. have far better control over purity and standards, thus avoiding unnecessary deaths from overdose

4. have a far better opportunity to get to people with strategies and help before they become addicted

etc etc

If it was up to me no-one would use drugs as they would be so clever and contempt with their lives that they didn't feel the need to.

But it is not up to me. And the fact of the matter is that the War on Drugs is a failure.

Your recipe is throwing more tax-money on the problem, longer penalties for sellers and users...and the problem will go away? Last 80 years would tell us it doesn't work. When is enough just enough?

And the war on terror?

And the war on terror?

If you really want to know I could reply, but this is neither the time nor place for that debate. Please don't derail this topic even further than it already is.

As long as it's out there, it doesn't matter how contempt they are with their lives, some will always use it.

Dealers should be punished much harder and put in bkk Hilton lookalikes, so they hardly cost any taxmoney, TV ads should be posted as to where they'll go when caught and they'll think twice before they start. And stop all that human rights crap for them.

Yes Karl - all this is happening at the moment, under a long tried and utterly failed system.

If you legalise something (and I am primarily talking about heroin), you can achieve a number of things, including:

1. take away (almost entirely) the criminal element, and the associated corruption in law enforcement

2. take people with an illness out of the criminal justice system, and into the health system, where they belong

3. have far better control over purity and standards, thus avoiding unnecessary deaths from overdose

4. have a far better opportunity to get to people with strategies and help before they become addicted

etc etc

The cost of use is far to high to stop the crime behind it.

Alcohol is legal, have you seen the statistics on alcohol related insidents?

Alcohol and drug prevention has proven not to work looking at how it all goes at the moment.

The truth is that some people know their limits, but most never will.

Most addicts words before they start: Just gonna try it once

Most addicts words after they started: I can stop whenever I want, I just choose not to.

etc etc

Alcohol and drug prevention has proven not to work looking at how it all goes at the moment.

Most addicts words after they started: I can stop whenever I want, I just choose not to.

So is it preferable to treat an addict as a criminal, or a patient?

Also be interested to know your source for your last 2 statements.

etc etc

Your first question: Depends what they do to pay for their addiction, but if put in jail some better programs need to be made to get them of it and to keep drugs out of jails.

Your second question: You've obviously no been around a lot or know any junkies :D

1. take away (almost entirely) the criminal element, and the associated corruption in law enforcement - "take away" - This sounds like you want your drugs in a paper bag 'to go'

2. take people with an illness out of the criminal justice system, and into the health system, where they belong - Yeah that's all we need is to pay for more health care for the junkies. I am sure they will not be working and paying for it on their own.

3. have far better control over purity and standards, thus avoiding unnecessary deaths from overdose - "Purity and Standards" - bahhhhh, Have you seen the Chinese standards for baby milk or paint in the toys? And from what I have been told (by a friend who once had a very bad broken nose) the USA controlled cocaine is much more potent than anything on the streets. Even if the purity was lowered wouldn't this make all the users want more for that ultimate high?

4. have a far better opportunity to get to people with strategies and help before they become addicted - And just tell me what were you smoking, snorting, or shooting when you thought of this BS line? I think that you are in a 'pipe dream' bud and better lay off the chit now before it deteriorates your brain even further.

etc etc

1. take away (almost entirely) the criminal element, and the associated corruption in law enforcement - "take away" - This sounds like you want your drugs in a paper bag 'to go'

2. take people with an illness out of the criminal justice system, and into the health system, where they belong - Yeah that's all we need is to pay for more health care for the junkies. I am sure they will not be working and paying for it on their own.

3. have far better control over purity and standards, thus avoiding unnecessary deaths from overdose - "Purity and Standards" - bahhhhh, Have you seen the Chinese standards for baby milk or paint in the toys? And from what I have been told (by a friend who once had a very bad broken nose) the USA controlled cocaine is much more potent than anything on the streets. Even if the purity was lowered wouldn't this make all the users want more for that ultimate high?

4. have a far better opportunity to get to people with strategies and help before they become addicted - And just tell me what were you smoking, snorting, or shooting when you thought of this BS line? I think that you are in a 'pipe dream' bud and better lay off the chit now before it deteriorates your brain even further.

etc etc

0/10 for considered thought, and then response.

10/10 for having the courage (or is that vanity) to use you own photo as your avatar.

As I did with neverdie, I also surrender to you dingdong :D

Your first question: Depends what they do to pay for their addiction, but if put in jail some better programs need to be made to get them of it and to keep drugs out of jails.

Your second question: You've obviously no been around a lot or know any junkies :D

Your first answer - if they were treated as patients (ie under a legalised system), they wouldn't be in jail, as they wouldn't need to become involved in crime to feed their addiction.

Keep drugs out of jails - yes, a bit more the the corruption I mentioned earlier.

Your second answer - as a matter of fact I know two long term "junkies", one a family member, the other a family member of a very close friend. Both have either held down a long term job (swinging between heroin and methadone), the other running a very successful small business (now off the junk, because she has had a baby).

But I wouldn't profess to know "most junkies" :o

etc etc

0/10 for considered thought, and then response.

10/10 for having the courage (or is that vanity) to use you own photo as your avatar.

As I did with neverdie, I also surrender to you dingdong :D

Cute..... Do you make these up on your own or do you have help?

dingdongrb

Your first answer - if they were treated as patients (ie under a legalised system), they wouldn't be in jail, as they wouldn't need to become involved in crime to feed their addiction. - Doesn't folks that use alcohol go to jail? duhhhhhhh

Keep drugs out of jails - yes, a bit more the the corruption I mentioned earlier. - Yes, there are drugs in jails and prisons but a lot of it gets smuggled in with any corrupt prison guards/wardens.

Your second answer - as a matter of fact I know two long term "junkies", one a family member, the other a family member of a very close friend. Both have either held down a long term job (swinging between heroin and methadone), the other running a very successful small business (now off the junk, because she has had a baby). - Did she take drugs during her pregnancy? Was the baby healthy? And long term affects on the child? These are things that do happen with women that use. Making it legal will not avoid this just as smoking and drinking (legal) affect child births every day.

But I wouldn't profess to know "most junkies" :o

This is typical TV fashion ust put the guy down to hel_l and call him all the names under the sun..

Yes the guy is stupid and he will really regret this for the rest of his life but npobody knows the circumstances on why he did this, maybe the guy was on his arse and in so much desperation that he thought it was the only was to do this, or there again maybe not..

I recon a fair few of the slag emm off characters have probably had a dabble in their time so it doesnt really make them any better whether the dealer or taker.

This guys life is effectivly gone now, it isnt law that after a few you get a pardon...

I for one dont like to see the drug dealers get life it just aint right, life should be saved for the pedos, rapist and murderers not some poor mule who was probably gonna get a few g for his cut..

good luck mate, and i mean that

This could possibly be one of the most stupid posts I have ever read. Now to apply your own theory to this 2008bangkok, you must be a pedo, rapist and murderer, that what you are saying, isnt it....because for all those that spoke against this fellow you said were dabbling in the drugs, now you've had a shot at pedo & rapists, so that makes you one??? That is silly, very silly.

Further to that you're saying that if someone is desperate, 'was on his arse' as you so put it then that makes it ok to be a drug dealer/mule whatever....thats very stupid. I guess in your world, when you're down and out....its acceptable to break the law. Well having locked up more than my fair share of scumbags I would say that its most likely that you are the one that has a few issues here? Sympathise with Drug Mule/Dealer for what?

Being down & out is no excuse for ANY Aussie citizen to use in justifying the cross border dealing of hard drugs.

Australia has one of the best Social Service networks which is reinforced with numerous Charity orginizations so all he needed to do was to ask. Maybe he would not have been given a Hotel room at the Sydney Hilton but I guess he prefers the Bangkok Hilton.

The current official Unemployment rate is 4.3% in Australia so there is a good chance he could have gained employment IF he had decided to do so.

I do not feel sorry for him at all. He was chasing the fast, easy money as he was too lazy to work to support his offspring.

Your first answer - if they were treated as patients (ie under a legalised system), they wouldn't be in jail, as they wouldn't need to become involved in crime to feed their addiction.

- Doesn't folks that use alcohol go to jail? duhhhhhhh

They go to jail for crimes committed not for drinking alone at home.

Its funny isnt it dingdongrb, he's one of a kind our ole jackysplatter. :D

There has been calls for years to legalise various illicit substances. In particular, Australian's have debated for years over Cannabis. If we were to examine that, an important thing a society would have to do is agree & understand exactly what this particular effects this drug had on its users. The experts in the field can't agree on the effects of Cannabis, half the arguement is based around the possible effects of this substance on the brain with long term effects believed to cause mental illness. So if we legalise this & the substance becomes readily available, is use of it going to increase & what do we do with the health ramafications of that? Or are you suggesting that when you legalise drugs, people become disinterested in it & the problem goes away? Of course Jacky, we need more mental illness in our society, don't we? :D

Further to this, when we talk about Legalisation of a particular drug, are we allowing its free movement on the market, Legalisation for carrying and using certain amounts? If any of these substances were legalised, how does that get its users from the Criminal Justice System to the Hospitals? It won't is the answer. Imagine how many more people, who perhaps wouldnt be using these drugs when they are illegal are now using them because the local supermarket has a 'special' on crack or 20% extra jammed into a stash of hash? Lets face it, one of the most 'expensive' drugs on society is Alcohol, do we really want to legalise other drugs, so they can become the new problems of tomorrow? :D:o

Do you really think a change in legislation is going to sucessfully move druggies from the Criminal Justice System to the health care system? I don't think so. :D In many parts of western society the legal system already referrs first time offenders to hosptials, there is already help at hand....does society really need to hold the hand of every junkie who cant make good decisions for themselves. Naturally most of these health systems are already broken (another issue) but you're going to use the money usually spent on drug law enforcement to improve the hospitals?....to do this we must legalise all drugs....THAT'LL WORK (Not).

It is clear that the war on drugs hasnt been successful, thats a no brainer & yes there has probably been trillions of taxpayer dollars spent on these issues worldwide, but does this mean human society should give up & go directly in the opposite direction, I don't think so. Goverments & Law Enforcement organisations need to operate using smarter methods. One of the greatest problems facing law enforcement & the war on drugs is poor legislation & lack of a co-ordinated approach. Typically minority groups get too much say & courts these days are more interested on the rights of offenders than that of the victims. I don't think theres going to be an answer to this problem that is going to solve the issue 100%, but just belting off in the corner about Legalisation of something doesnt offer a solution to this problem.

Just because someone has a family member thats a 'Junkie' surely doesnt mean that he or she is now an expert on this issue, does it? I hate to be living in that world, but nobody forced that needle into that junkies arm, no body put that bottle to your mouth and made you drink, nobody forced you to gamble all your money away....IF only people could take responsibility for their own actions and stop looking around to blame issues on the greater society!

As for Thailand, well its basic, if you want to be a drug mule, a drug dealer or producer and you get caught, then your going into a jail for a very long time & you've got nobody to blame other than yourself. Good RIDDANCE!

I am for some sort of legalising of illicit drugs.

In most countries alcohol is legal so why should people who choose other drugs be put at a disadvantage and discriminated against because they prefer a different drug which unfortunately happens to be illegal.

Considering the amount of damage alcohol does surely a bit of pot,heroin and coke couldn't make things much worse.

The sheer amount of money involved in the illicit drugs trade is a danger to all our institutions of government.

Our governments, police forces, judiciary and banking systems are being corrupted by the vast amounts of money being made from the drug trade.

I say legalise the drugs. There are always going to be addicts that is just a fact of life but for the majority of people drugs are a leisure item to be enjoyed.

All the fear mongering about drugs is just nonsense.

The benefits of legalisation far outweigh the disadvantages.

Get rid of the crime and corruption that goes with the illegal drug trade and make addiction a health issue.

It is a win win situation.

For those who take pleasure in screaming junkie and drug addict and let them rot.....well you guys have still got your pedophiles to rage on about haven't you?

- Doesn't folks that use alcohol go to jail? duhhhhhhh

They go to jail for crimes committed not for drinking alone at home.

You know you are right.... the more I think about it a truly free person would be allowed to do what ever they want, as long as that does not impact others (stealing, fighting...) I guess if some one wants to slam a needle in their arm it should be their choice....

For the most part it works in other parts of the world (amsterdam comes to mind)...

All that said this guy would still be in jail, as smuggling even legal things like Boose and Cigs across borders is illegal.

Its a simple thing Tolley, really why don't we just legalise everything. If you want to smoke pot, thats OK. If I want to do armed hold-ups or mug old ladies that ok, that way each of us can look after our own. Of course we can do all of this because the levels of corruption amoungst the Police, Courts and Governments are so high, do you really think corruption is that high, or are you going to let a few bad eggs completely destroy a system, imagine if we gave up on something everytime a human being got greedy :D

You would have to be kidding about how much damage could a few extra drugs in society cause? You say that the benifits of Legalisation of drugs far outweighs the disadvantages, perhaps you could outline a few for us?

Imagine the beauty of legalising drugs, then we could add taxes to them....good for revenue.... but in that world, I'm not going to pay taxes, why would I bother to pay taxes?

We decriminalise drugs & move it over to the health system.....its good, everything is just in little boxes we can just move the problems around, neat and tidy. Maybe when the health systems had enough of the druggies we could move their problems over to the energy systems of the world, see if they can take care of the little box for a while? :o

Trying to solve the worlds drug problem is no easy job, I actually doubt it can be achieved & by flicking switches and changing laws willy nilly, isnt going to solve the problems.

One thing that most people seem to forget about when they talk about legalising drugs, that the actual production, purchase and consumption of the drugs isnt the whole problem. There are all the issues about dealing with the effects of people that are affected by drugs & the long term uses of such drugs. If it is the case that the use of a particular drug increases due to it becoming legalised then the greater affect of this has to be taken into consideration. Do you really think society as a whole has to change its laws & expectations to accomodate the few people that have substance abuse as a problem?

As for the idea that people with substance abuse problems wouldnt be in jail if the substance was legalised, that is the greatest load of rubbish. Despite what some people think, people with serious drug dependacies are unable to contribute to society in a full functioning way & neither should we want them. Do you really want to work alongside someone that is high on whatever....should that person be allowed to drive, operate machinary, make decisions that affect other people, how bout the local brain surgeon 'high' while he removes a tumor? Come on, get real! A lot of seriously effected people can't think of anything other than their next hit, they don't want to do an honest job, they want the cash hard & fast, there will still be crime. You wouldnt have to go too far to hear a story about how junkies rip off their own families & that type of thing to realise that this would still go on.

Anyway, I've got to go, I'm running late to get to a 'hang em high' club meeting !

Edited by neverdie

What a tool, first you don't mess with drugs in thailand.... second if you are going to mess with drugs, you don't cary 3kilios through international airports.... Not only does he have to get through the Thai side, he would have had to get through customs on the other end.... Airports have drug sniffing dogs...

I am sorry but this guy sounds like a jackass, once he is caught he thinks about his daughter, how about being a father first not a herion smugler....

What a tool "do you know what I mean man"

Another Warren Fellows goes into Bang Kwan, kiss your humanity good-bye there.

Like most of the captured dope runners he'll most likely be a decoy mule grassed-up by his own side...