Guest House Or Small Hotel Available To Buy?

Greenside

I know it sounds like financial masochism, but if you know of a small hotel/guest house that's available in a central location I'd like to hear from you by PM. In good order, decently equipped and preferably freehold but not necessarily making money at the moment (guess the last part shouldn't be too difficult right now :o ).

Hi. Often see similar places advertised. Not sure where you have looked already ... on the slight chance that you haven't tried these ...

citylife-citylife.com

sunbeltasia (use their chiang mai web site - the bangkok one has cnx businesses in it but is out of date)

chiangmai-mail web site

real estate agent web sites

possibly bahtsold and thaivisa classifieds

hmm, where else?

oh and many places I know of would welcome with open arms any farang walking in and asking "is this place for sale?" ... xmas come early :o

happy hunting

Been told just yesterday that the owner of Rose Guesthouse in Rajmanka Rd. see map here is seriuosly ill and wants to sell the guesthouse. Check if this is true, cause as above stated, I only heard it and did not check if true.

He started talking about selling it as soon as the economy started collapsing several months ago. He is a good chef and it has a lot of regular customers for the food.

He charges for water and mayonaise! :o

Edited by Ulysses G.

Been told just yesterday that the owner of Rose Guesthouse in Rajmanka Rd. see map here is seriuosly ill and wants to sell the guesthouse. Check if this is true, cause as above stated, I only heard it and did not check if true.

He started talking about selling it as soon as the economy started collapsing several months ago. He is a good chef and it has a lot of regular customers for the food.

He charges for water and mayonaise! :o

I took a drive past yesterday and it didn't look promising and is too big. It's been aimed very much at the budget end of the market and I'm looking for something a little more upscale where rooms (if there were any customers) might fall into the 500 - 800 baht a night category. There's a little place opposite your shop behind Darrets and almost next to it that has the right sort of feel to it, stylish looking, small and a good location.

Interesting, the place that you are talking about was really low end, before they remodeled.They claim to be doing much better at 600 baht a night than they did at 150. :D

When they just remodeled the price was a little higher than 600 baht and closer to and over 1000 baht, overpriced at that time.

Midtown is for sale for 40.000.000 baht with about 01 Rai.

But off course you have to knock down the whole place first.

Cheap because other places in that area did buy land for 70.000 baht for a tallang wha. :o