Thai Iced Tea

blondiewonder

hi

i love the the thai iced tea and the green iced tea with milk and have watched several people make it in various shops. they seem to mix a sacet of instant tea with boiling water add some condenced milk and then pour over crushed ice yummy............too yummy really. can anyone tell me what brand to look out for in the supermarkets. all i can seem to find in the instant variety are ginger tea or chrysanthemum tea and both of these are sweetened. i thought that it was the condensed milk that sweetend it? if anyone can shed any light on the whole thing i'd be grateful.

thanks

emma

Edited by blondiewonder

Thai iced tea is absolutely delicious -- I completely agree! Well, what I do is I use jasmine tea and then I just add condensed milk and sugar, and pour it over ice. There are some instant mixes, my favorite being DeDe Instant Thai Tea.

• 5 weeks later...

yes, that is so true that Thai iced tea is really yummy.

I have been a real fan of this tea and tried almost every brands. They are all good until I found this website at www.sribhud.com when I googled for the best brand. I ordered one box from them it was good then when I went back to order more, I saw them offered " Premium Thai iced tea leaf " that has no color added. Now I love Thai iced tea with no added color. Oh, sorry, the dee dee brand is made with sugar, non-daily creamer and color. I don't like this one.

post-75742-1233018847.jpg