Why Isn't Fox News Offered On True Ubc?

Lopburi99

I know many people in this forum do not appreciate the Fox News channel, however it is highly popular world wide.

It is available on cable. Why not via TRUE? Seriously, WHY NOT? Cable isn't offered in many locations. What do you think was TRUE's decision criteria?

Curious to know your thoughts. (I wonder if they are the same as mine)

(This isn't intended to be a FOX NEWS bashing thread!)

Edited by Lopburi99

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know many people in this forum do not appreciate the Fox News channel, however it is highly popular world wide.

It is available on cable. Why not via TRUE? Seriously, WHY NOT? Cable isn't offered in many locations. What do you think was TRUE's decision criteria?

because its rubbish?

fox is so american,all they do is shout at each other and when trying to hold a debate they continually talk over each other with that terrible nasal twang................giver me CNN anyday.

I agree with you 300%,there not able to hold a debate,I like CNN much better to.

Fox is one of the best comedy channels, ever.

You can catch it on Cable TV in Bangkok.

I am glad you like it you must be the only one,I watch Australian news and I like it.

Hmmm, I guess irony didn't stretch as far as the south pacific hemisphere....There is a clue in the word 'comedy'.

Edited by Geekfreaklover

Fox is one of the best comedy channels, ever.

You can catch it on Cable TV in Bangkok.

I am glad you like it you must be the only one,I watch Australian news and I like it.

Hmmm, I guess irony didn't stretch as far as the south pacific hemisphere.

too obscure gfl.

Apologies, the time now is inbetween Xmas and New Year!

I am just saying that Fox news is very funny without meaning to be.

fox is so american,all they do is shout at each other and when trying to hold a debate they continually talk over each other with that terrible nasal twang................giver me CNN anyday.

One of the reasons they yell a lot at Fox is because they usually have a 50/50 mix of left/right guests discussing/yelling at each other. CNN typically tables a panel primarily of Democratic strategists with maybe one token Republican for appearance sake. It's easy to be calm when everyone in the room agrees.

Simple. CNN and BBC both have international version news channels that they market overseas and offer in places like Thailand. The CNN watched in the U.S. is not the same as in Thailand and likewise for BBC and it's brand seen in England. Fox News has no such international edition to market overseas, and thus your question results for this simple fact.

Edit: I mean to say that yes, I know you can get Fox News overseas but it's not attractive as I believe it's just the same feed we get in the U.S. with very few alterations. Whereas CNN and BBC are more professional and pertinent to each overseas market it operates in as it tailors the broadcast to international viewers much more dramatically. There is a difference been CNN and CNN International whereas with Fox News there is little or no distinction. Fox News is heavily focused on the U.S. and thus it's quite an unnecessary channel to view or buy for many in other countries.

Edited by Jimjim

One of the reasons they yell a lot at Fox is because they usually have a 50/50 mix of left/right guests discussing/yelling at each other. CNN typically tables a panel primarily of Democratic strategists with maybe one token Republican for appearance sake. It's easy to be calm when everyone in the room agrees.

well thats a reasonable explanation,stil grates on my nerves though.

Haha,

Indeed anoying.

SBC, I do recall that you guys get FOX on samui also?

Edited by Geekfreaklover

Haha,

Indeed anoying, SBC, I do recall that you guys get FOX on samui also?

yes on the local tv channel,and i will confess to flicking over sometimes but dont stay long,regardless of the 50/50 debating panel the presenters still shout at each other and the viewing audience.

lol...Pretty much all news as presented in the US sucks. It's all partisan and packaged/presented in as dumbed down a format as possible. Rather than educate the viewer, they seem intent on creating and reinforcing a concept that one political party or the other is the root of all evil when in fact the two are just seperate wings of the same bird.

My main dislike about Fox is their tendency to gravitate to tabloid/sensationalist stories far more than the other networks

Simple. CNN and BBC both have international version news channels that they market overseas and offer in places like Thailand. The CNN watched in the U.S. is not the same as in Thailand and likewise for BBC and it's brand seen in England. Fox News has no such international edition to market overseas, and thus your question results for this simple fact.

Edit: I mean to say that yes, I know you can get Fox News overseas but it's not attractive as I believe it's just the same feed we get in the U.S. with very few alterations. Whereas CNN and BBC are more professional and pertinent to each overseas market it operates in as it tailors the broadcast to international viewers much more dramatically. There is a difference been CNN and CNN International whereas with Fox News there is little or no distinction. Fox News is heavily focused on the U.S. and thus it's quite an unnecessary channel to view or buy for many in other countries.

BBC Professional ?and Pertinent to Thailand - not /Their weather is a joke and I sometimes wonder if in fact some of the weather/newscasters are puppets rather than people .

At least CNN attempt

re UBC All they are interested in is getting cash for crap - For the money we pay they should at least offer some decent sports apart from football .

I don't think that besides Americans nobody watch Fox. With BBC, Al Jazeera and CNN on cable and the many News programs from TV stations from home on the Internet you have enough balanced informations to make up your mind.

I connect my laptop with the TV set and its like you back home

I watched a bit of Fox 'news' for the US elections as I have only two channels in English. I found Fox to be really toxic; dumbed down news full of manipulation and people shouting their views. All the negativity started to get to me quickly. I don't really agree that it is comic because some people probably do get their views from there and that's tragic.