Happy New Year!

thaigerd

nice thread.

2008 has been a mixed year for me.

i lost a friend to cancer, saw my dad go through a pretty major operation, saw the grief of my darling niece when her 14 month old son passed away, gave support to my other niece who has been diagnosed with cancer at just 25 years old, saw friends divorce after many years of marriage, and was unlucky in love.

on the other hand, i moved countries, started a great new job, moved into a fab house with a lovely garden, saw my family unite in times of raw grief, i had good health, and have been happy.

but no matter what happens to us in our daily lives, the sun is gonna come up every morning. its gonna set every evening. this is the only thing that we are sure of. everything else that happens to us is a blessing.

this year i plan on concentrating on what i have, rather than what i dont have. i will see my glass as being half full, rather than half empty. and i will tell my family and friends that i love them more often.

i wish everyone on thai visa who i have met, as well as those who i have not met, a very happy 2009. i hope all your wishes and dreams come true for you and that we all come out smiling after the current global crisis.

Well, I am counting my blessings as I was supposed to be in Bangkok last night, and, well we know the rest of the story, although fortunately my friends chose another club. No matter how bad our problems may have been, we are surely better off than those that perished early this morning.

I have alot to be greatful for and maybe instead of griping over my pay freeze, grim career advancement prospects :D , bulging belly etc., I should be saying thank you to every one of my friends that has been nice to me, and more importantly stop and realize that I have a good job, food, a roof over my head and am free from war, pestilence and political strife, unlike billions of others on this planet. So yea, dammit, thanks to the elements for keeping me around another year. :o Life is good, especially if one is alive to enjoy it.

Edited by geriatrickid

Like Donna I had a bad 2008. My younger brother died and my best friend and the wife of another friend - all under 50. It makes you realize how short and precious life is. So despite all the gloom and doom being announced for 2009 let's try to make it a better year. Thanks Thai gerd for starting a thread like this and nice meeting you recently.

Baabaa

We(wife, me and "Max") had a great night out!

Just in front of a small Thai shop near where I am living:

@Donna: opposite the fresh vomite 7/11 :D

Met another TV member from Phuket, some Thais and some expats. Everybody came along with some food for the BBQ(apart from me :o ).

We had a great time and we left after midnight....a bit pissed but happy.

Next couple of weeks we'll repeat this "meeting" again, it will be my turn to sponsor some very good steaks and a selection of french cheeses.

Gerd

nice thread.

2008 has been a mixed year for me.

i lost a friend to cancer, saw my dad go through a pretty major operation, saw the grief of my darling niece when her 14 month old son passed away, gave support to my other niece who has been diagnosed with cancer at just 25 years old, saw friends divorce after many years of marriage, and was unlucky in love.

on the other hand, i moved countries, started a great new job, moved into a fab house with a lovely garden, saw my family unite in times of raw grief, i had good health, and have been happy.

but no matter what happens to us in our daily lives, the sun is gonna come up every morning. its gonna set every evening. this is the only thing that we are sure of. everything else that happens to us is a blessing.

this year i plan on concentrating on what i have, rather than what i dont have. i will see my glass as being half full, rather than half empty. and i will tell my family and friends that i love them more often.

i wish everyone on thai visa who i have met, as well as those who i have not met, a very happy 2009. i hope all your wishes and dreams come true for you and that we all come out smiling after the current global crisis.

Thank you Donna for sharing, I wish you the very best for 2009