Police Voulanteer's

LennyW

FPV are foreign volunteers who are there to help with translation difficulties etc and are based in the Police Station on Soi 9 then you have the Tourist Police Volunteers who are mainly Thais who volunteer to help advise tourists etc. they are mainly een on Walking Street.

Thanks for the reply JohnC - clear as dubs!!!, am havin a few changs the day, so maybe i did not understand your reply completely???

So there are FPV which i presume means Foreign Police Voulanteer

TPV which means Tourist Police Voulanteer

But i have heard TPV to mean Thai police voulanteer.

Is it just me or are they all the same???

I am sorry if this has been discussed before, but ma heed is burstin with what is what??

FPV are foreign volunteers who are there to help with translation difficulties etc and are based in the Police Station on Soi 9 then you have the Tourist Police Volunteers who are mainly Thais who volunteer to help advise tourists etc. they are mainly een on Walking Street.

FPV are not just there to help with translation problems although this is part of the service provided. They are able to advise anyone seeking help at the FPV Help desk. This could be about a fine they are to pay, lost property,items stolen. For those of you who are from the UK I would describe it as a 'Citizens Advice' type of service.

Tourist Police Volunteers are police assistants they can be Thai or Foreigners, maily seen on Walking Street. There are also other Thai Police Volunteers who are driving around on motorbikes in twos.

The foriegners who strut around doing this volunteer police thing are nothing but arse holes.They should all get a life.They're not helping the community,there sad little souls on a would be power trip.

Harsh words I know but very very true.It makes me cringe seeing them on the Sukhumvit pulling people over.

EPG

The foriegners who strut around doing this volunteer police thing are nothing but arse holes.They should all get a life.They're not helping the community,there sad little souls on a would be power trip.

Harsh words I know but very very true.It makes me cringe seeing them on the Sukhumvit pulling people over.

EPG

i must say ,it is very sad ,you come to retire in the sun and end up a plastic policeman,bit like the security guards in the uk that walk about with torches ,keys and other junk hanging from their belts ,pretending to be important,

sad bastards. :o

EPG

i must say ,it is very sad ,you come to retire in the sun and end up a plastic policeman,bit like the security guards in the uk that walk about with torches ,keys and other junk hanging from their belts ,pretending to be important,

i totally agree...in the uk they have a similar and emphasize similar force called police "specials" usually guys who have tried and failed to get in the real force because they are too short ,fat unfit and or too old , they take on the shit jobs like west ham v millwall and dog squad...... sill it remails a power trip as the job is only expenses and shit hours. in pattaya i have had one or two of these fpv come in my old business ..no mates -sad f***s even the lasses wanted nowt to do with em. good luck to all 2009

EPG

i totally agree...in the uk they have a similar and emphasize similar force called police "specials" usually guys who have tried and failed to get in the real force because they are too short ,fat unfit and or too old , they take on the shit jobs like west ham v millwall and dog squad...... sill it remails a power trip as the job is only expenses and shit hours. in pattaya i have had one or two of these fpv come in my old business ..no mates -sad f***s even the lasses wanted nowt to do with em. good luck to all 2009

The specials in Aberdeenshire Scotland were mostly farmers, if you messed with them you got a right thrashin!!! They were well respected!!!

EPG

Not harsh enough!

Got pulled up by mini Hitler in Walking Street last week whilst walking along jovially hooting and laughing with a couple of local scantily clad bed warmers.

Joviality caught the attention of Mini Hitler, and clearly pissed off at the world, MH proceeded to demand passport and asked how much I had had to drink (4 cans of tonic - dont drink).

I asked him sarcastically if he was the tonic police, if it was an offence to drink tonic and have fun, and told him to go forth and fornicate (or words to that effect) , and he grabbed me by the arm.

Fortunately, on me becoming somewhat irate, a Thai cop (Tourist Police) who was nearby came over, I spoke to him in Thai and asked him what was going on (helped a little that I know the boss in Soi 9 :o )

Cut a long story short mini Hitler forced to apologise, as they cannot do jack unless there is a Thai cop there!!!! Basically, they have no more power than Joe Citizen, and certainly no power of arrest. If they grab you, it is assault.

My view, you want to be mini Hitler, then f%^k off home and do it there.

The TP mostly do a good job, and most of them speak passable English. Why do we need these clowns?

EPG

Not harsh enough!

Got pulled up by mini Hitler in Walking Street last week whilst walking along jovially hooting and laughing with a couple of local scantily clad bed warmers.

Joviality caught the attention of Mini Hitler, and clearly pissed off at the world, MH proceeded to demand passport and asked how much I had had to drink (4 cans of tonic - dont drink).

I asked him sarcastically if he was the tonic police, if it was an offence to drink tonic and have fun, and told him to go forth and fornicate (or words to that effect) , and he grabbed me by the arm.

Fortunately, on me becoming somewhat irate, a Thai cop (Tourist Police) who was nearby came over, I spoke to him in Thai and asked him what was going on (helped a little that I know the boss in Soi 9 :o )

Cut a long story short mini Hitler forced to apologise, as they cannot do jack unless there is a Thai cop there!!!! Basically, they have no more power than Joe Citizen, and certainly no power of arrest. If they grab you, it is assault.

The TP mostly do a good job, and most of them speak passable English. Why do we need these clowns?

becos mr pattaya himself the one the only neils "couldnt lay sraight in bed" colov said the city needs em and another little something he can fiddle other than the charities (rumour only)

EPG

Not harsh enough!

PLEASE IGNORE ABOVE POST !!!!!

NOW VOLUNTEERING FOR FPV'S!!!! SEE BELOW !!!!!

Note : When the love making sessions were concluded!!!!!! they nicked the girls!!!!

So, FPV's now getting free totty ! :D

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

PATTAYA VOLUNTEER POLICE INDULGE IN UZBEK STING OPERATION

Undercover Pattaya Tourist Police pretend to solicit sex from foreign women. Four women from Republic of Uzbekistan were arrested.

On the 22nd May 2007, at 02:30 am, Pol. Lt. Col. Withichart Luensukan, Tourist Police Inspector of Pattaya, and his team, planned an operation to nab Uzbek Prostitutes around the night time entertainment areas. The undercover Pattaya Tourist Police officers managed to arrest four ladies who were offering their services.

The foreign undercover officers made arrangements with the four Uzbek women for sexual services at the Pattaya Inn Hotel, Soi B.J., Walking Street, South Pattaya, Nongprue, Banglamung, Chonburi, Rooms 203, 206 and 207. When the love making sessions were concluded, the prostitutes asked for 2,000 baht each. The undercover representatives gave a total of 8,000 baht to the women, and the police placed them under arrest.

The four Uzbek women accused of prostitution, were: Mrs. HAMAROEVA DILBAR (23), Mrs. UMEDA KUVONDIKOVA (29), Mrs. GULHAN KURBANNBAEVA (23) and Mrs. LOLA ERGASHVA (31). All four ladies confessed that they have been coming to Pattaya as tourists. At night, they went to entertainment spots around Walking Street, South Pattaya, and approached foreign men offering sexual favors. They charged from 2,000 to 2,500 Baht. They have been doing this for quite a while. There are reportedly many women from Uzbekistan working as prostitutes in Pattaya.

The four ladies were arrested and charged with prostitution. South Pattaya Investigators will process the case according to the law.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

EPG

I squeezed past one on NYE when Walking St was jam packed and we bumped shoulders, he retaliated in a aggressive way for what was an accidental inevitable occurance for many that night, i had said sorry which i then changed to a <deleted> you then pr7ck after his reaction and then walked off.

They couldnt pour p7ss out of a wellington boot if the instructions were on the heel.

Well well....another thread about the volunteers of pattaya......yawn....6 years and counting!!!

Some things you need to know:

FPV's, Foreign Tourist Police Volunteers are based at Soi 9, Pattaya Police Station. They also help at Immigration and with the Highway Police (which I strongly oppose by the way!!!!)

FTPA's (Foreign Tourist Police Assistants), work mainly on Walking Street, but will often get called in to assist Pattaya Police with cases.

Niels Colov is the Group Leader of the FPV's

I (Howard Miller) am the Group Leader of the FTPA's.

WE ARE COMPLETELY SEPERATE GROUPS.....therefore any complaints should be forwarded to the relevant Group Leader, preferably face-to-face. Comments on this and other forums are ignored and regarded as baseless, especially because most of the posters are anonymous and just enjoy the power a chat forum gives them.

You can make complaints to me on Walking Street most evenings after 9pm at the Tourist Police Mobile Unit. I will be happy to listen to them, and I will act upon them if they are genuine. I am also happy to explain to anyone face-to-face on Walking Street about what we do and how we have helped thousands of Tourists and ex-pats over the years.

Thats all from me......HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE!

Howard

Group Leader

FTPA

WE ARE COMPLETELY SEPERATE GROUPS.....therefore any complaints should be forwarded to the relevant Group Leader, preferably face-to-face. Comments on this and other forums are ignored and regarded as baseless, especially

because most of the posters are anonymous and just enjoy the power a chat forum gives them.

Group Leader

Why read anything on this forum as it is written by anonymous people and therefore according to your theory is baseless.

As for the bit about being on a power trip thats a joke, i wouldnt have wrote anything about your wannabee plod colleague using his delusion of power to play the tough boy the other day until i saw this thread that is full people who have experienced similar incidents.

Being unable to see the woods for the trees is a saying that comes to mind when it comes to police having to police themselves.

Well well....another thread about the volunteers of pattaya......yawn....6 years and counting!!!

Some things you need to know:

FPV's, Foreign Tourist Police Volunteers are based at Soi 9, Pattaya Police Station. They also help at Immigration and with the Highway Police (which I strongly oppose by the way!!!!)

FTPA's (Foreign Tourist Police Assistants), work mainly on Walking Street, but will often get called in to assist Pattaya Police with cases.

Niels Colov is the Group Leader of the FPV's

I (Howard Miller) am the Group Leader of the FTPA's.

WE ARE COMPLETELY SEPERATE GROUPS.....therefore any complaints should be forwarded to the relevant Group Leader, preferably face-to-face. Comments on this and other forums are ignored and regarded as baseless, especially because most of the posters are anonymous and just enjoy the power a chat forum gives them.

You can make complaints to me on Walking Street most evenings after 9pm at the Tourist Police Mobile Unit. I will be happy to listen to them, and I will act upon them if they are genuine. I am also happy to explain to anyone face-to-face on Walking Street about what we do and how we have helped thousands of Tourists and ex-pats over the years.

Thats all from me......HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE!

Howard

Group Leader

FTPA

Hello mister Group Leader/GrüppenFührer,

I saw those volunteers just one time (aint a fan of walking street) and I had to bite on my tongue to not burst out in laughter. At Loy Kratong I saw about 8/10 old bald unintelligent looking wannabe policemen at the beginning of walking street sitting on chairs in the middle of the street. For what you sit in the middle of the street, do you consider yourself that important? I really didn't get the impression you oldies are of any use except for publicity purposes for the Thai. Remember that when people 'yawn' about you boys the yawn does have a meaning.

Anyway your a GrüppenFührer now, and dam_n it you even got a uniform to impress yourself!

MBL

Pattaya was fine before this volunteer force came along so why is it that important now ?? and why would anyone chose to be in Pattaya and spend there evenings standing abt round walking street "'monitoring"' activities wearing that ridiculous uniform.Utter muppets.

Good post abt the Uzbeks,from reading that the holyer than thou volunteers did the dirty deed first.All in the line of duty though eh ???

EPG.