Sms Problems

koheesti

Not sure if this is a Samui thing or should it be moved but I'll leave that up to the powers that be.

I use 1-2-Call and people have not been receiving any of my SMSs the past few days. They appear in my Sent box and my phone credit is diminishing so I'm paying for them. The first time I noticed was on Monday so it doesn't have anything to do with the system being overloaded for NYE.

Is this happening to anyone else? Does anyone know what I must do to fix it?

Edited by koheesti

so is it that you aren't being notified when they arrive? You say they appear in your sent box, do you mean the sms you receive is appearing in your sent box? Could you have accidentally turned notification off?

Turn on notifications in your phone. At least in Nokia phones you can check from delivery reports folders what is the status of the sms's sent. I.e. if it's pending, delivered or failed.

If failed, AIS should refund already charged amount back to your card once they see the sms did not go thru...

In your SMS outbox, what's it saying about the status of the message? Sending, Failed or Sent?

They are in my Sent box and when I check the Details, it says "Pending". I guess I'll find out if they all get sent out if people start replying with a bunch of "????".

They are in my Sent box and when I check the Details, it says "Pending". I guess I'll find out if they all get sent out if people start replying with a bunch of "????".

Try turning off GPRS for text messages only (i.e. SMS, not MMS). GPRS can often cause problems very similar to the one you're describing.