Overlapping Visas Possible?

I have a non-immigrant B visa which will expire in about 2 months. Unfortunately, I had to return to my home country recently to take care of some issues which popped up. The situation is that I'd like to return to Thailand now, however I don't have much time left on my current visa, and would be forced to leave Thailand and seek a new one relatively shortly.

One solution is to simply sit where I am for the next few months, let my current visa expire, get a new one, and then go to Thailand. However, I don't want to sit around that long.

Question1: Can I simply apply and get another visa now, even though my other one has not expired?

Question2: Can I somehow "cancel" my current visa?

Thanks.

I have a non-immigrant B visa which will expire in about 2 months. Unfortunately, I had to return to my home country recently to take care of some issues which popped up. The situation is that I'd like to return to Thailand now, however I don't have much time left on my current visa, and would be forced to leave Thailand and seek a new one relatively shortly.

One solution is to simply sit where I am for the next few months, let my current visa expire, get a new one, and then go to Thailand. However, I don't want to sit around that long.

Question1: Can I simply apply and get another visa now, even though my other one has not expired?

Question2: Can I somehow "cancel" my current visa?

Thanks.

Asuming you have your teminology correct your Visa would have expired when you left unless you had a Re Enry Permit.

Whatever, if you still have a valid Visa it will be cancelled if you apply for a new one.

Asuming you have your teminology correct your Visa would have expired when you left unless you had a Re Enry Permit.

Whatever, if you still have a valid Visa it will be cancelled if you apply for a new one.

Perhaps I don't have the correct terminology, but my visa did not expire upon leaving, and yes I have multiple entries good for a year (that year is almost up). Nevertheless, it appears you answered my question - I can apply for a brand new visa, cancelling the old one.

Thanks!

Perhaps I don't have the correct terminology, but my visa did not expire upon leaving, and yes I have multiple entries good for a year (that year is almost up). Nevertheless, it appears you answered my question - I can apply for a brand new visa, cancelling the old one.

Thanks!

Yes you seem to have a 12 month multy entry. Apply for a new Visa and your old one will be cancelled. :o