Money For Non-bar Girls?

Baaksida

Does your Non-bar Thai girlfiend ask you for money? If yes, how much do you give her per month?  

72 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It is common in the average Thai Household for the woman to be the controller of finances. Come to think of it a lot of farang women are as well.

Personally I think it is a good idea to let her control the finances.

Initially you may think that it's a rather 'sensible' idea to give control of the purse strings to the little women but consider the possible trouble if she catches you with lipstick on the 'y-fronts'.

The temptation factor here makes it a more than likely occurence and I for one need my cash supply secured.

I think offering my undying love should be more than sufficient for a Thai girl.

I was making the point that this is the way most of the girls have been brought up, a part of Thai society that is ingrained in their lives.

it is these little things like the nail cutting etc... that keeps them happy.

• 2 years later...
Have a feeling something went wrong with the poll creation? Anyway, for me the last two options both apply; she has a job and we share all income and expenses. It's really refreshing to have a partner who is as sensible with money as I am, likely more sensible even. (Like, I know little about investing on the stockmarket)

Correct. make sure your partner has a good job (at least 7,000B/month) and you can cover rent and food if you like. My girlfriend cleans my house thoroughly and does the gardening, so I pay her the same wage that I would pay a maid or gardener (about 60B/hr). Of course if your partner is pregnant and not working you will need to cover everything. These guys giving the girls 10,20,30K/month are better off hanging out at the bars, as that's what they already have -- a bar woman!

Have a feeling something went wrong with the poll creation? Anyway, for me the last two options both apply; she has a job and we share all income and expenses. It's really refreshing to have a partner who is as sensible with money as I am, likely more sensible even. (Like, I know little about investing on the stockmarket)

Correct. make sure your partner has a good job (at least 7,000B/month) and you can cover rent and food if you like. My girlfriend cleans my house thoroughly and does the gardening, so I pay her the same wage that I would pay a maid or gardener (about 60B/hr). Of course if your partner is pregnant and not working you will need to cover everything. These guys giving the girls 10,20,30K/month are better off hanging out at the bars, as that's what they already have -- a bar woman!

No need to drag up a thread that was started over 3 years ago. Just to agree with someone. Closed!