Pattaya Pizza

SirPaul

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, no 150 thb Pizza or Pasta in Pattaya / jomtien ?

No scoozi also ? I think it's the best Pizza in Bkk !

Bonjour,

I'm certain you can find 150 or less pasta at many/most restaurants in Jomtien. 150 baht pizza is another thing. You can try RICHMAN POORMAN (Jomtien Soi 9) for their Tuesday pizza special, but I'm pretty sure it costs more than 150 baht. We pay about 240 baht for a large pizza delivered from PIZZA BIG (in Naklua)... best pizza in Pattaya after four years of testing. The search continues... Bon chance a vouz!

There's a new pizzeria now open on the ground floor of the Jomtien Complex condo towers, beside/behind Shenanigans (facing Dick's Cafe across the soi). I stopped by briefly to scan the menu, and pizza prices seem to be in the B220-B260 price range. Lots of other Italian items like spaghetti and other pasta as well. Beverage prices seemed reasonable -- beer was about B70. Anybody tried it yet?

I'm trying to recall the name ... something like "Pizzeria Italia?"

Being it's an established place simply in a new location in the same complex, it's interesting that the times I've gone by, it has had *zero* customers. You'd think if they moved to a larger site, it was because business was reasonably good at the smaller place and (at least some of) the customers would follow.

Thanks for the "review" ("Nothing special.") That's all I need to know.

Being it's an established place simply in a new location in the same complex, it's interesting that the times I've gone by, it has had *zero* customers. You'd think if they moved to a larger site, it was because business was reasonably good at the smaller place and (at least some of) the customers would follow.

Thanks for the "review" ("Nothing special.") That's all I need to know.

Yeah. If I was the owner there, I would have changed the name of the place, and hopefully, the chef. Their new location seems much better. You never know, maybe the food will be different. Not likely, but possible. Any volunteers?

• 10 months later...

Most of you guys seem to talk about American style pizza. If we talk about original Italian style pizza with the real Italian taste, in my opinion Trattoria Toscana on Beach Road is actually the best in town.

I ate there once and liked it. Have you also tried Volterra in South Pattaya? Also good Italian pizza. I'm not sure which I like better, but I do prefer the non-tourist atmosphere (and better prices) at Volterra.

There's a new pizzeria now open on the ground floor of the Jomtien Complex condo towers, beside/behind Shenanigans (facing Dick's Cafe across the soi). I stopped by briefly to scan the menu, and pizza prices seem to be in the B220-B260 price range. Lots of other Italian items like spaghetti and other pasta as well. Beverage prices seemed reasonable -- beer was about B70. Anybody tried it yet?

I'm trying to recall the name ... something like "Pizzeria Italia?"

BTW, I have now tried a pizza there at their new location. I was not impressed. Still nothing special as before, would not repeat.

has anyone tried new york pizza house in the windmill plaza on naklua rd maybe about 100 meters away from pizza big looks like a decent menu with comparable prices

Yes, many have tried it and it is EXCELLENT. Ask them to open a branch in Jomtien ASAP.

has anyone tried new york pizza house in the windmill plaza on naklua rd maybe about 100 meters away from pizza big looks like a decent menu with comparable prices

Yes, many have tried it and it is EXCELLENT. Ask them to open a branch in Jomtien ASAP.

they do deliver

Highly recommended. After Pizza Big's vegetarian pizza degenerated into mostly onions, I won't be looking back.

Caveats: If you eat in, they don't provide any extra olive oil. The cheapest "standard" pizza seemed a bit too salty.

On some pizzas at least you have a choice of thinner crust.

went to pizza big last night, had the ( americana ) basically just a pepperoni pizza. 40 baht if i wanted some parmesan cheese. they gave no condiments, pizza was burnt on the bottom, 7 pieces of pepperoni on the whole pizza, less than 1 pepperoni per slice of pizza, i wasnt impressed at all. i grew up in chicago and also lived in nyc for 2 years, i know what good american style pizza is like and this wasnt it at all not even close

went to pizza big last night, had the ( americana ) basically just a pepperoni pizza. 40 baht if i wanted some parmesan cheese. they gave no condiments, pizza was burnt on the bottom, 7 pieces of pepperoni on the whole pizza, less than 1 pepperoni per slice of pizza, i wasnt impressed at all. i grew up in chicago and also lived in nyc for 2 years, i know what good american style pizza is like and this wasnt it at all not even close

Thanks for yet another confirmation that Pizza Big is to be AVOIDED. They have clearly gone downhill. My last pizza there, and I do mean LAST, was also burnt on the bottom, but I suspect more severely than yours was. To be fair, when Pizza Big was better (before the downfall) they did indeed have good pizza but it was definitely more Italian style than American. Personally, I appreciate good food of most any style, but I realize with pizza many people are dogmatic.

Hi

I went to the Italian restaurant on soi Excite, formerly no name now called "Pizza Italy" on Saturday night..

I`ve been before and still rate it as amongst the best available, provided you like (very) thin crust pizza.

Ham, mushroom, cheese and tomato pizza at 220 baht.

Glass of house wine 80 baht..

I spoke briefly to the owner who said he will extend the opening hours from 11.00PM closing to 1.00AM closing next month,

handy for a late night person such as myself.

I rate it ahead of Pizza Big, wasn`t impressed when I ate there, and of other places I`ve tried only La Grotta soi 33 naklua

and Swiss Food soi Diamond got close.

Just my own personal opinion and well aware people`s tastes and likes vary.