Thai Drivers License

i have a dutch and international driving license and i am wondering if it is possible to change it to a thai driving license?

I have a 1 year non im. visa. do any of you have experience with this? thanks

Yes you can change it for a thai drivers licence,beside your one year visa you need a medicalpaper 60 bath in the hospital,and you need a residence paper,then you can change it for a thai licence make sure you get 2 copy's of everything also pasport and landingcard.Don't need picture they make them there.

i have a dutch and international driving license and i am wondering if it is possible to change it to a thai driving license?

I have a 1 year non im. visa. do any of you have experience with this? thanks

Yes you can change it for a thai drivers licence,beside your one year visa you need a medicalpaper 60 bath in the hospital,and you need a residence paper,then you can change it for a thai licence make sure you get 2 copy's of everything also pasport and landingcard.Don't need picture they make them there.

Any test is required?

Any test is required?

There's a very simple three-part test. The first tests for colour-blindness: you have to identify red, yellow, and green. The second is a depth-perception test: you have to pull a string to bring a stick down a ramp to be at equal distance to an existing stick. The third is a reaction test: sitting down with accelerator and brake pedal; you have to hold the accelerator down for a green light, and hold it there until the computer changes the light to red. You then romp on the brake pedal. One tip for the reaction test: wear sandals, but take them off before you take the test. I just got my license two weeks ago, and watched two guys fail that part because their sandals got hung up on the bottom of the brake pedal.

• 1 month later...

I went for a test and it was amazing to watch. Couple of farang failed because they couldn't line up the two sticks. One guy had bad eyesight not sure about the other.

What amazed me was the breaking test. The Thai guy in front of me was so slow he just couldnt hit the brake on time. When the light changes there is a veritcal row of lights. The top half are green and the bottom are red (or vise versa) The idea is you stop the lights before it changes to the other colour.

This guy missed by as far as you could. He wasn't anywhere near hitting the brake on time and it went almost to the top not once but 3 times.

The lady in charge of the test tells him to take a seat. He comes back and on his 5th go in total hits the pedal and it stops a few inches from the bottom. Obviously pure luck...PASSED!

I soon found out there are thousands out there like him. There are many good considerate drivers but some are so dangerous you fear for your life at times.

All good info. Just completed mine. Saw Thais and farangs with sandals, get snagged on the metal, so off with the sandals, and remove everything from your front pockets as a notepad, pen or mobile phone will impede your reaction time when seated. Bring a second copy of all required papers to obtain a motorcycle license simultaneously. All Thais had to sit a written test, while foreigners had to simply watch a vdo on Thai motor regulations. Takes up most of the morning or afternoon, but arrive earlier than their 9am or 1pm start to fill out the application forms. Cost for 2 licenses was just over 1000B. Good Luck.