How To Deal With Immigration?

For a small fee my accountant gets my marriage visa renewed in Surat Thani , No problems so far .

So with the new rules you must make your 90-day report in Surat Thani?

Am I interpreting the new rules wrongly? I thought that the option to apply for extensions etc. in Surat Thani will no longer be possible. If you live on Samui you must apply to the Samui office for everything? :o

Edited by Bluebell

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

I wrote previously about the problems encountered at Samui Immigration whilst renewing my non-imm visa. I hoped that things would have changed as I went there this week for my renewal, but they were actually slightly worse. Once again I was taken into a separate room and left there for one hour. I had my 800K bank book with letter from the manager as verification with me. This time they asked to see not only my other bank accounts but also verifications from each bank. I had to drive to the other banks and get these letters (200B each). When I returned they asked for a picture of my house at which point I said, "I refuse to drive all the way back to Chaweng to take a picture of my house." They then made me sign several forms in Thai and took several pictures of me (never happened before). Instead of waiting for them to once again ask for a bribe I simply put the 1,900B on top of my application and they handed over my visa.

I called a fellow expat asking if he understood this bewildering situation. He said that they want to track where your money is originating just to make sure you are not working, as unemployment is so high.

Thanks to you guys for not telling me to report them. I already have to everybody - not holding my breath waiting for a response.