Gazette Online Smashes Visitor Records

Kan Win

Why ? reason click the link below.

Phuket Gazette

Sad that they used the News from "Phuket man confesses to Koh Pha Ngan tourist murder" to promote (With 82,882 visitors to its news pages in the 24 hours ending at midnight yesterday, the Gazette Online set a record for single-day traffic since the site was launched in September 1997.) Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Kan Win

P.S. The Aussie broke the Rules as well :o

Edited by Kan Win

Number of Visitors:82,882

Number of Page Views::59,488

So did 23,394 of those visitors not view a page? Or did I miss something?

Perhaps someone here with more knowledge could enlighten us on these stats....seems to be rather a lot.

Edited by sweetmusic

I get the RSS feeds - don't know how they fit into the readership equation. As to the quality of reporting, the fact is that it remains one of the major sources of current news on the island and I think the criticism is a little unfair.

I get the RSS feeds - don't know how they fit into the readership equation. As to the quality of reporting, the fact is that it remains one of the major sources of current news on the island and I think the criticism is a little unfair.

In all fairness, you are correct they are the major source for current news on the island... And I read them often... But I still think the quality is lacking...