On A Better Note

From the top 8posts...

How Many Deaths Due To Bike Accidents Per Year On Samui?, Anyone know the exact death toll?

Fight in Lamai bar.

Any Info On Last Night's Deaths?

Local Tattoo Artist Arrested For Tourist Murder, German tourist on Phangan

To anyone intending visiting Samui....Lamai beach look fantastic today :o

Nothing unusual about complaining. Remember when you got together after the job with some of your co-workers in the pub? What did you talk about (regarding work)? Did you compliment the boss? Did you marvel at how well the computer system works? Did you applaud the efficiency of the tech department when something went wrong? Were you understanding when it was announced that the bonuses would not be forthcoming this year due to economic problems. And so on....

Of course not. Everyone complains about where they are and what they do. That's not to say that nothing positive is ever said, but complaining is a time-honored tradition. And throw is a dash of gossip (He did what to who? That bastard!) and you have a forum board.

16:51:18']Can't hide the facts!

unless you are the boys in brown! or other "authorities" :D ....hiding the facts is the general rule...no? :D

Finding out things that don't get reported in any English language news outlet is one of the main reasons I log on to this site. Having lived on Samui for years and visited it much longer I know a lot happens and little is ever widely known. Even though the quality of 'reporting' is often erratic or just incorrect I would rather sift through all the opinions and the few nuggets of actual observations (stated by posters as actual eyewitness accounts, anyway) to try to find out a little more about what is happening around me. :o

The other thing to remember in all this is that, sadly, good news doesn't sell newspapers nearly as good as bad and nowhere near as good as dirt. :o

Generally threads like the one's quoted are started by newspaper articles so, unfortunately in a way, the forum follows suit.

The other thing to remember in all this is that, sadly, good news doesn't sell newspapers nearly as good as bad and nowhere near as good as dirt. :D

Generally threads like the one's quoted are started by newspaper articles so, unfortunately in a way, the forum follows suit.

That's so true, else this forum wouldn't excist. :o