Applying For Extention Of Retirement Visa

Hi all,

in a few days I will apply for an extention of my retirement visa.

I have a statement from my embassy confirming my annual income from a government pension.

A passport photo.

What other documents do I need ?

Thank you in advance for your help.

North

Hi all,

in a few days I will apply for an extention of my retirement visa.

I have a statement from my embassy confirming my annual income from a government pension.

A passport photo.

What other documents do I need ?

Thank you in advance for your help.

North

Passport. Application form. Some like to see an up to date bank book. With something in it.

This question has been done to death over and over, have you thought about doing some research in here on retirement visas.

Well. I tried to find the correct answer what is required for an extension of my retirement visa. Your answer is not very helpful, because I tried all the Visa Forum i but didn't find a correct answer. Maybe you can give me a clue where exactly I can find the right answer ? Sorry, but I'm over 70 and not more so flexible as many other participants.

Thanks for your time.

Erich

This question has been done to death over and over, have you thought about doing some research in here on retirement visas.

Well. I tried to find the correct answer what is required for an extension of my retirement visa. Your answer is not very helpful, because I tried all the Visa Forum i but didn't find a correct answer. Maybe you can give me a clue where exactly I can find the right answer ? Sorry, but I'm over 70 and not more so flexible as many other participants.

Thanks for your time.

Erich

1. Passport plus photocopies.
  2. Bankbook plus photocopies and confirmation letter from Thai bank of account balance.
  3. Application form.
  4. Pictures.
  5. Pension of 65K THB per month with confirmation letter from your embassy or 800K THB cash in bank or combination of both equal to 800K THB annually. Since you have a pension income, no requirement to season money in bank.
  6. Take yourself and documentation to immigration at least 21 days before expiration of your current visa or extension.

Retirement Extension

If you don't know what you need in terms of proof of financials I can't help ya.

I had always done 800 k - 90 days till this year.

Be advised I can only report what American citizens need to do. This year I did pension letter.

Pension letter - one colored photograph & your passport. The rest you can get at Suan Plu.

Thanks to the members, that try to help.

I will go to Immigration tomorrow and post again tomorrow evening.

And to Erich,

We have the age we have, and we are not all world champions on Internet, this week I am sick myself with fever, so after making a search with some 20-30 pages of results I decided to just ask the question.

And one more thing:

The visa rules can change suddenly, so that an answer, that was valid two weeks ago, can be no good today.

All the best

North

Artisi:

Bit quick there on the uptake, many here aren't and never will be computer literate, but have every right to have a voice.

Not very Australian if I might say, from another Oz.

Agreed :o , maybe a bit quick on the reply but seems to me nearly everyday the same question is asked - I was going to check back to see how many times it has been asked in the past couple of months - but got side tracked onto other things.

I'm not 100% up on some of the searches myself, let me ask, if there are some questions which are coming up over & over, like requirements for different Visa processes, is it possible to have a "sticky" for the most popular like extensions etc.?

Artisi:

Bit quick there on the uptake, many here aren't and never will be computer literate, but have every right to have a voice.

Not very Australian if I might say, from another Oz.

Agreed :o , maybe a bit quick on the reply but seems to me nearly everyday the same question is asked - I was going to check back to see how many times it has been asked in the past couple of months - but got side tracked onto other things.

5 question at the moment on retirement on page 1 of this forum - I rest my case.

Hello all,

I am back after visiting Korat Immigration, tired, but relieved.

I got the 1 year retirement extension and a re-entry permit, which I decided to get too.

I gave them these documents:

My passport.

The T.M.7 form.

And I think it was a T.M. 8 for the re-entry permit.

Relevant copies of my passport as earlier described.

A copy of the statement from the embassy ( he wanted the original,so I gave it to him.)

Copy of my Tabian Ban.

Copy of my marriage paper ( he did not want it, so I got it back)

Photos.

It took approx. 1,5 hour, and I was heading back home again.

Again, thanks to all for your help.

North

I am back after visiting Korat Immigration, tired, but relieved.

Korat Immigration is the best...did you happen to talk to my friend Khun White-Out? (at the first desk, his name is Chanchai)

I got the 1 year retirement extension and a re-entry permit, which I decided to get too.

Smart to get the re-entry permit...save yourself another trip. Single or multiple?

And I think it was a T.M. 8 for the re-entry permit.

Correct, TM-8 for the re-entry permit.

Copy of my marriage paper ( he did not want it, so I got it back)

No need, extension is based on retirement...but you were smart to bring it along. Better to have and not need, than to need and not have.

Any one is more than welcome to ask any Visa related question they want, no matter how many times it has been asked before.That is why this forum is here. :o

Sure, I don't have any problems with people asking questions and I am more than happy to add info' whenever I can - but a quick look round other similar posts never hurts and I would recommend it as a learning process and you never know - you might just get your query answered with a bit of research. :D

Thanks Lite Beer:

I'm much more to the way of asking a question even if I "think" I've seen it answered before.

But I'm getting on a bit in years, like the guy that that posed the original question, and you forget things and maybe not too academic in searching on the P.C.

I really am so greatful for T.V. and I hope I never get to the stage of sitting on the side, ready just to throw in a quick "go" at someone, if I'm bored with nothing much else to do at the time.

Edited by fishhooks

Thanks Lite Beer:

I'm much more to the way of asking a question even if I "think" I've seen it answered before.

But I'm getting on a bit in years, like the guy that that posed the original question, and you forget things and maybe not too academic in searching on the P.C.

I really am so greatful for T.V. and I hope I never get to the stage of sitting on the side, ready just to throw in a quick "go" at someone, if I'm bored with nothing much else to do at the time.

Hi to everybody,

first of all I want to thank you for the very useful advises. Today I got my visa extension without any problems at the Immigration in Hua Hin. The only thing new was for me that I have to report back every three months. When I made my first retirement visa in Sungai Kolok, they did not ask me for that

But to find this office was a little bit stress. I followed the link Hua Hin Expat.com but, surprise, surprise, at the police I was told that the Immigration office has moved to another place. After searching for more than 30 Minutes, asking here and there, one time sent in this direction and another time sent to that direction, I finally found the office on the outskirts from Hua Hin. This is a place where you never expect the Immigration office.

One more time thanks to everybody for his help.

Regards Erich

Hi to everybody,

first of all I want to thank you for the very useful advises. Today I got my visa extension without any problems at the Immigration in Hua Hin. The only thing new was for me that I have to report back every three months. When I made my first retirement visa in Sungai Kolok, they did not ask me for that

But to find this office was a little bit stress. I followed the link Hua Hin Expat.com but, surprise, surprise, at the police I was told that the Immigration office has moved to another place. After searching for more than 30 Minutes, asking here and there, one time sent in this direction and another time sent to that direction, I finally found the office on the outskirts from Hua Hin. This is a place where you never expect the Immigration office.

One more time thanks to everybody for his help.

Regards Erich

The 90 day reporting is just a report that you still live in Thailand. Immigration has special forms for that and many immigration offices allow you to do it by mail. Contact your office if you can do it by mail.

Form: http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/tm47.doc

When the report is due just ask for the specifics on how to do it. By mail you need to enclose some copies etc.

Just to add to this....I did my second extension of stay based on retirement here in Phuket today.

I needed a copy of my passport main page plus copies of past visa extensions i.e. going back to my original Non Imm O Visa from about 3yrs ago.

A copy of my Thai ATM card All easy to do at the photocopy shop in the compound.

They keep the original pension letter from embassy on file. The Brit Embassy had stated my income in Pounds Sterling and in Thai Baht which was just as well because the pound has since fallen by about 5Bht!!

Last year they had just stated my income in sterling alone which meant the Immigration checking the latest rate on the internet. Which would have made life difficult today!!

The best thing about the income letter if you qualify, is that it minimises the effort for all concerned (especially the immigration officials themselves) The whole thing was completed in less than half an hour and this in a very busy office in the midst of high season.