Blue Tabien Bahn & Land Title Deed

Hi folks,

As part of the 30yr leasehold, i have in possession the Blue Tabien Bahn & Land title deed but of course, it is in the landowner's name.

Unless i become a resident one day or sell away the property, otherwise what's the use of this two items in the mean time?

As wallpaper in the living room?

Cheers!

Hi folks,

As part of the 30yr leasehold, i have in possession the Blue Tabien Bahn & Land title deed but of course, it is in the landowner's name.

Unless i become a resident one day or sell away the property, otherwise what's the use of this two items in the mean time?

Cheers!

If you end up having a Thai girlfriend/boyfriend live with you, they could ask to be listed in the Blue Tabien Bahn so that they could vote in local elections. This probably won't happen as they would probably prefer to be listed on their parents book, but then again they may not have that as an option.

Related question. My boyfriend proudly brought home the chanote today, big impressive legal document with garuda watermark, showing him as the legal owner of the small plot of land where our new "little house on the rice paddy" is 95% complete. He will get a blue tabien baan, and I guess I can have my name listed somewhere as being a resident there, on a yellow tabien baan. But we are not married, so do I need my name on a yellow book?

Related question. My boyfriend proudly brought home the chanote today, big impressive legal document with garuda watermark, showing him as the legal owner of the small plot of land where our new "little house on the rice paddy" is 95% complete. He will get a blue tabien baan, and I guess I can have my name listed somewhere as being a resident there, on a yellow tabien baan. But we are not married, so do I need my name on a yellow book?

Should be no need to get your name in the Yellow book... will even be surprised if you can.

I purchased a freehold condo in Bangkok. Got the Blue book with no name in it. They said any Thai person can be entered into it but I deside whenever I want someone in/out of the book.

To get my name in the Yellow book I had to go thru an interigation about why I wanted my name in the book. There was a form where I had to list at least 8 good reasons and even then apparently there was no guarantee that they would allow me?!? After a few hours at the local Amphu and an interview by the senior officer they allowed me to get a yellow book with my name it. But for what? As far as I know it means nothing... just a piece of paper confirming my address. The ownership of condo is contolled by a different document from the land department anyway...

If you don't collect papers or it actually has any benefits I'm unaware off... don't bother.

Mr. H.

Hi folks,

Cheers!

If you end up having a Thai girlfriend/boyfriend live with you, they could ask to be listed in the Blue Tabien Bahn so that they could vote in local elections. This probably won't happen as they would probably prefer to be listed on their parents book, but then again they may not have that as an option.

Related question: our house was purchased in my Thai friend's name. The blue book lists him as Owner, then lists me as having the 30-year lease. My friend would like to have his name added a 2nd time as Resident, as he no longer wants to be listed in his faraway village. He says I must go with him to City Hall, as my permission is required. If I do so, will I in any way be weakening my right to say who is entitled to live here?

Sidenote: I very much like having my name in the tambien baan. It is the perfect document for proof of address at Immigration and at the motor vehicle department.

Should be no need to get your name in the Yellow book... will even be surprised if you can.

I purchased a freehold condo in Bangkok. Got the Blue book with no name in it. They said any Thai person can be entered into it but I deside whenever I want someone in/out of the book.

To get my name in the Yellow book I had to go thru an interigation about why I wanted my name in the book. There was a form where I had to list at least 8 good reasons and even then apparently there was no guarantee that they would allow me?!? After a few hours at the local Amphu and an interview by the senior officer they allowed me to get a yellow book with my name it. But for what? As far as I know it means nothing... just a piece of paper confirming my address. The ownership of condo is contolled by a different document from the land department anyway...

If you don't collect papers or it actually has any benefits I'm unaware off... don't bother.

Mr. H.

Yellow tabien baan is handy if you want to purchase a vehicle in your name, also can be used to prove your address for any other matters that pop up from time to time.

• 2 weeks later...

Mr. H.

Mr. H.

I am in the same shoe. I bought a condo and I am trying to get a yellow book for the Thai driver's license and purchasing a car. What other information or document did they ask you for?

I bought a condo and I am trying to get a yellow book for the Thai driver's license and purchasing a car.

To get a driver's license you must present a certification of address letter from your Embassy or from Thai Immigration.

I tried using my house book at the Pattaya Land Transport office. No deal. Had to take it to Immigration, have a photo, get the letter, go back to Land Transport.

I bought a condo and I am trying to get a yellow book for the Thai driver's license and purchasing a car.

To get a driver's license you must present a certification of address letter from your Embassy or from Thai Immigration.

I tried using my house book at the Pattaya Land Transport office. No deal. Had to take it to Immigration, have a photo, get the letter, go back to Land Transport.

Was this with the Yellow book ?? If it was the Blue one I can understand as foreigners cannot be listed in there even though you have control of the book in a condo.

The Yellow book is where a foreigner can prove is Address as his name can be entered in there,if they refused this then I see why some on TV say its a waste of time having.

Was this with the Yellow book ?? If it was the Blue one I can understand as foreigners cannot be listed in there even though you have control of the book in a condo.

The Yellow book is where a foreigner can prove is Address as his name can be entered in there,if they refused this then I see why some on TV say its a waste of time having.

Ya know, now that I'm a bit more awake, what I presented was the Title page, where I am shown as holding a 30-year lease on the house. My name is not listed on the following Occupant pages. So, Land Transport was justified in not accepting it.

Does that mean they would have accepted it if I were listed as an occupant? Or would they have stuck to a rigid procedure? I cannot say.

The irony, of course, is that Immigration was perfectly happy to give me a letter based solely on that very same house book.