Obama Inauguration

rrose070

Being British, and obviously not interested in US politics, can I put a British slant on this thread?

I am assuming that this inaugration takes place on West Coast US time, so CM plus 12 hours? Is it an evening do in the US?

Does this imply an all night piss in Chiang Mai? That could be of far more interest!

.......outside of Puwa's fascinating generalized comment, which I think is a classic. Now, would he please put that to music?

I think you'll find that's already been done. Its a straight lift out of Gilbert and Sullivan's "MIKADO', except they didn't use that word,"hippilicious"

Well, well, well, Puwa! Shame on you!

.......outside of Puwa's fascinating generalized comment, which I think is a classic. Now, would he please put that to music?

I think you'll find that's already been done. Its a straight lift out of Gilbert and Sullivan's "MIKADO', except they didn't use that word,"hippilicious"

I doubt there is anything straight where Gilbert and Sullivan are concerned, but in deference to your interjection and respect for your personal lifestyle choice, I will edit my original to include..."show-tune crooning."

I doubt there is anything straight where Gilbert and Sullivan are concerned, but in deference to your interjection and respect for your personal lifestyle choice, I will edit my original to include..."show-tune crooning."

Music, please!

America went bankrupt last year, taking Europe with it. Obama needs far more than a great speech next week, but the world at least needs a great speech. I doubt that all the king's men can put Humpty Dumpty back together again

Hang in there, PB!

These sorts of things happen, some have written --- like John Kenneth Galbraith in Money. It is worth a read unless you already have more than a fairly decent understanding of macroeconomics and human behavior. For folks relying on their pensions who never understood the basic economics courses in university or who were scared off by the "dismal science," take "solice" that everyone is really in the same boat.

Are you aghast at the Wall Street tyros?! For an entertaining story of "masters of the universe" on "Wall Street" (in "The City," or wherever), try Tom Wolfe's Bonfire of the Vanities. UG probably still has a couple of paperbacks in stock.

It is not a matter of "blaming" the USA. That is silliness. Look at various national debt-to-equity [GNP] ratios, and you will find that the USA fairs pretty well comparatively with other countries. It is not a matter of blaming "globalization," either. That would be truly shortsighted. Nonetheless, the excrement has truly hit the air conditioning system.

I guess what I am saying is try to truly understand why we are all poorer!

That is little solace for people now counting their pension pennies. But it seems to me, sometimes, that those who subscribe to the internet would rather give up food than their computers and access to the net!