Public Water Supply In Patong

LivinginKata

The owner of the land where my pump and meter are located moved them both a while back. Although I can find the pump, I can't find the meter :o . Once I find it, I can check again.

Dave, Dave ... you make me laugh. If you don't know where the meter is .. how do you expect any water ... .... :D Seems a strange water delivery system to me, but I do understand your particular dilemma.

You guys are really calm.... I can't imagine not having water... A couple of years back in Phuket town, they cut off water for a couple days per nighborhood, our house got water cut 4 times for 2-3 days each time... it sucked...

I really can't imagine dealing with it daily like you guys and still keeping my cool....

That made me laugh, you must be new to Asia. You need to buy a big plastic dustbin (or 2), stick it in the washroom, and fill it with water. That's what local Thais do to wash and flush toilet, and fill it when they happen to have a water supply.

Oohh ... forgot to mention the many (& long) times that we have a power outage. That's another story ...

fairly new 3-4 years in phuket.... For the most part its a good life, although their are times I really miss western standards, but I guess in the end you have to take the good with the bad...

The first time the water got cut, I went and bought a couple of large plastic garbage bins and when it came back on I filled them and covered them. Then 2 months later when the water got cut again, I went to use the garbage bin water and needless to say it was slimy... I ended up buying allot of the large bottles of water they deliver around the nieghborhoods, those worked fine for the shower... Its still a pain in the A$$ to deal with no water supply at a couple day stretches I really don't think I could handle weeks at a time, or having to go and manually pump when the city applies pressure to the supply line, checking several times through out the night.... I would snap.

For the power outages, all in all in the last 3-4 years it has been fine a few here and there, not to say the I don't get a 2 second power glitch several times a day, but nothing to write home about.

Oh dear ... the road tanker water delivered yesterday was contaminated with some sort of oil or diesel. Many guests called me today complaining. Can't shower. Same with the water delivered to the building next door, up the hill. Doing my best to supply water, get complaints ... Does not get any easier. Tomorrow I will try to bring my long time ago abandoned deep well back into operation. Have to get my staff to pull the tube and the pump up the 65m hole to inspect/replace the submersible pump. Terrible dirty job, wish me luck.... :o

Make sure your water supplier is based in Rawai. Their water is all from deep-bores and the water quality is excellent.

If they are not based in Rawai, the chances are that they are using water from tin mines.

Tankers based in Chalong/Rawai will NOT deliver to Patong. Far too busy too waste time/fuel going over to Patong. Think the Patong tankers get water coming off the hills above Nanai Road.

Tankers based in Chalong/Rawai will NOT deliver to Patong. Far too busy too waste time/fuel going over to Patong. Think the Patong tankers get water coming off the hills above Nanai Road.

Some of these tankers have their own ponds that they've built for retaining water during the dry season.

We went riding around, looking for tankers after our bad experience with the dirty/contaminated water a few weeks ago. Stumbled upon a guy at the end of the road where the municipal offices are who has his own pond. Wife said it looked like all the surrounding houses probably drain their sewage into it, so we gave it a miss.

Will probably have to order a tanker tomorrow - hope we can find a clean one!

Wife said it looked like all the surrounding houses probably drain their sewage into it, so we gave it a miss.

The owner/driver of the tanker we use (used :o ) gave my wife a cock & bull story about a problem with his pump. The fact is the pump has a mechanical connection to the hydraulic and there is no way the pumping equipment is at fault. seems obvious to me his supply water source is polluted. Said he fixed after out delivery, but neighbours got water after me. Still bad ...

Is Bangwad dam getting that low that the whole island is suffering from low pressure already, or is it just the hillside people in patong and the people in kata that were supposed to be getting the desal water from that plant between karon and patong?

I'm in an area where we all have our own wells, but looking in one of them the other day water was already quite low. 

Will post a number later day..

Had 24 cubes delivered for pool water, clean and clear. 12 cubes per truck for 1200 baht in Kathu, phoned in AM delivered in afternoon.. Might have a Patong price premium, cant say..

Thanks for the info, LiL. Please post or PM the number when convenient.

Would be happy to pay a Patong premium for clean, clear water. Can probably use 10-12 cubes among our house and pool tanks, as well as the big outdoor tank (the one lined with the blue ceramic tiles :o )

Will post a number later day..

Had 24 cubes delivered for pool water, clean and clear. 12 cubes per truck for 1200 baht in Kathu, phoned in AM delivered in afternoon.. Might have a Patong price premium, cant say..

Clean and clear you say, the stuff, and I can't really call it water that we had delivered two days ago is a delightful dark brown in color, bordering on black, leaves lovely stains on everything it comes in contact with.

Clean and clear you say, the stuff, and I can't really call it water that we had delivered two days ago is a delightful dark brown in color, bordering on black, leaves lovely stains on everything it comes in contact with.

Most likely cos the storage tanks were so empty, that the water poured in stirred up the bottom sediment of the tanks.

Try Dam on 0814 763789.. 12 cube trucks for 1200 baht.

Theres another crowd also with smaller truck 2 4 and 6 cubes for smaller house tanks. Will post thier number tomorrow..

Also water clean and clear but looking today did leave some sediment in the bottom of the pool needing a vacuum / clean once it settled.. Not nasty but maybe also not crystal clear if your going to run it through a white filter :o

Try Dam on 0814 763789.. 12 cube trucks for 1200 baht.

Theres another crowd also with smaller truck 2 4 and 6 cubes for smaller house tanks. Will post thier number tomorrow..

Also water clean and clear but looking today did leave some sediment in the bottom of the pool needing a vacuum / clean once it settled.. Not nasty but maybe also not crystal clear if your going to run it through a white filter :o

Thanks - will give a call tomorrow.

Have to expect some amount of sediment to precipitate out - even with the public water supply.

Recent topic was about continuation of the 'free water' scheme. That's all very well, but for the past week or so there has been very little water flowing to homes on Nanai hillside. Seems to me that water is only switched on (pressurized) for about an hour or so each night, which does not deliver enough water to top up our apartment building water tanks. We had to bring in water by truck 3 days back. My wife called the water department ... oh we'll sent an engineer to check. No change. Any one else with the same problem ?

It's definitely getting worse at my shop yesterday(Farangmart)at the top of Prachanuchro Rd there was no water for three hours and then it was a trickle after that I am sure it wasn't that bad late last year.

What can be done?

Edited by Damaz6052

What can be done?

Get some big storage tanks and fill when water is on. We have been Ok this past week, as we fill tanks when water pressure is turned on. You should be get enough water as you are much lower then we are. But as the dry season continues we can all expect the public water to be turned off even more.