Puea Thai Party May Face Dissolution

ozzieman05

From the Bangkok Post http://www.bangkokpost.com/breakingnews/13...-to-dissolution

This is pure stupidity

Election Commission (EC) said Puea Thai party may face dissolution charge if it insists on appointing ex-premier Thaksin Shinawatra to be party adviser.

Mr Thaksin has been banned from politics. He is currently living in exile to avoid a jail term on corruption charges.

Election Commissioner Sodsri Satayathum said the poll agency will forward the case to the Constitution Court if it finds that the appointment of Mr Thaksin breaks the constitution concerning the election laws.

She said she does not know why Puea Thai party would appoint Mr Thaksin, but she believes that the appointment will lead to problems.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the Bangkok Post

This is pure stupidity

Election Commission (EC) said Puea Thai party may face dissolution charge if it insists on appointing ex-premier Thaksin Shinawatra to be party adviser.

Mr Thaksin has been banned from politics. He is currently living in exile to avoid a jail term on corruption charges.

Election Commissioner Sodsri Satayathum said the poll agency will forward the case to the Constitution Court if it finds that the appointment of Mr Thaksin breaks the constitution concerning the election laws.

She said she does not know why Puea Thai party would appoint Mr Thaksin, but she believes that the appointment will lead to problems.

What is "pure stupidity" ? Khun Thaksin appointment or EC reaction ?

Not stupid at all... Thaksin hasn't been able to rouse the Redshirts into doing any PAD like activity. If the government banned the Puea Thai Party the Redshirts would be out in the streets in a flash, probably without having to be paid first! The more unstable Thailand is, the better Thaksin's chances of getting back into power are. Why do you think he chose an old Fascist dinosaur like Samak to be PM? Why did he pick Somchai to be PM? Why is a <snip> like Chalerm being pushed to be Party Leader and future PM? All of these men are controversial and their appointments serve to further destabilize and polarize Thailand.

If he can start a civil war, he will.

Edited by soundman
Removed unfounded allegation.

To me it is political suicide to appoint Thaskin as an advisor with today political atmosphere

But Otherstuff may be right, he just wants to cause as much trouble as he can and make this party a bunch of scape goats and ruin the country most of us loblove

The more unstable Thailand is, the better Thaksin's chances of getting back into power are. Why do you think he chose an old Fascist dinosaur like Samak to be PM? Why did he pick Somchai to be PM? Why is a <snip> like Chalerm being pushed to be Party Leader an future PM? All of these men are controversial and their appointments server to further destabilize and polarize Thailand.

If he can start a civil war, he will.

Who was it who said

IF Ican't have it, no one will

Whats wrong with Thaksin ,the democrats enlisted Newin ,i thought he is also banned , they must be really scared of Thaksin ,wonder why ,

No, democrats didn't enlist Newin. Don't reply if you don't know anything about the topic.

Whats wrong with Thaksin ,the democrats enlisted Newin ,i thought he is also banned , they must be really scared of Thaksin ,wonder why ,

No, democrats didn't enlist Newin. Don't reply if you don't know anything about the topic.

Yes. Mustn't use the word "enlist", so let's flame this poster and imply doesn't know anything. :o

Mustn't discuss Newin (founder of the Red shirts, and banned from politics) , Friends of Newin and the fact that his group jumped ship and now supports the "democrats" (misnomer if ever there was one).

Keep it up TAWP - you're going to find it even tougher as time goes by and your beloved PM and his party are revealed to be just as bad as all the rest.

Yes. Mustn't use the word "enlist", so let's flame this poster and imply doesn't know anything. :o

Mustn't discuss Newin (founder of the Red shirts, and banned from politics) , Friends of Newin and the fact that his group jumped ship and now supports the "democrats" (misnomer if ever there was one).

Keep it up TAWP - you're going to find it even tougher as time goes by and your beloved PM and his party are revealed to be just as bad as all the rest.

There is a clear distinction between people from different groups helping eachother and people from one group hiring/enlisting/joining another group.

But no, let's muddle the water and pretend others have done the same to make poor old Thaksin and his cronies look only 'equally' bad.

This is a prove how desperate Thaksin is. He is a lost case and he know it, his era is over and hes out of the game for good. In short bye bye billions of Baht, no decent country to run to, coming back no option. Poor man you should have know that once the Thai juridical system comes in action its crushes people completely. Nobody will miss you Khun Thaksin, you are forgotten already, but you not seems to realise it yet. So keep quit and join the ranks of the other forgotten dictators in exile.

Also its a prove that Phuea Thai MP's are cronies of Thaksin, without him they are nothing, just a bunch of losers.

One thing I learnt during my time working for the British government was:

"It doesn't matter what the name of the party or what they say they'll do, it's the Government will always screw you (and the opposition will accuse them of being incompetent).

People here will do things in the name of democracy and he who shall not be named.... TH seems to be going down the drain.. I hope that a properly elected PM is put in place and gets some stability back to the LOS.

Taksin is a great businessman, but his time in politics might just be over... hopefully.

Mynameme

Why don't all the Puea Thai MPs join the government. Then they're back in Government.

Then they can destabilise from within.

Its easier to be on the inside whistling out, than on the outside whistling in.

Well spotted J.

In fact, John and Art may have it wrong, TRT, PPP, PTP 'could' next turn out to become the BRB (Be Right Back party;) :D

But don't discount the possibility of a Pheu Thai and Bhum Jai Thai linkup. The latter party was formed exactly for us to keep that scenario in view - so it can have good leverage against the Democrats.

Keep a friend close, but an enemy closer. The Democrats have done that, whether Bhum Jai Thai is a real pal or a foe in disguise. The real question is, Now what?

The Nation article link (Jan 16, 2009)

The source claimed the party's key supporter, ousted prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra, did not want all former MPs of the dissolved Thai Rak Thai party to group under one large party as before.

Thaksin wants them to spread out as they would stand a better chance of getting elected in a general election.

He is hoping all his loyalists would be able to contest the next general election under different banners before regrouping to form a coalition government later on, the source said.

Bangkok Post article link (Jan 17, 2009)

Either this was a diabolically clever 'strategy', OR, simply a sour-grapes spin at losing massively in by-elections... either way, the coalition now has more power than ever to wag the dog...

Meanwhile, beyond launching pro-Thaksin TV and 'egging-on' the Govt, it would perhaps be prudent if Puea Thai appointed an official opposition leader for the upcoming Cabinet session? (regardless no one in Puea Thai seems to want the official role which they're paid by the people to serve...) :o

Edited by baht&sold

This is a prove how desperate Thaksin is. He is a lost case and he know it, his era is over and hes out of the game for good. In short bye bye billions of Baht, no decent country to run to, coming back no option. Poor man you should have know that once the Thai juridical system comes in action its crushes people completely. Nobody will miss you Khun Thaksin, you are forgotten already, but you not seems to realise it yet. So keep quit and join the ranks of the other forgotten dictators in exile.

Also its a prove that Phuea Thai MP's are cronies of Thaksin, without him they are nothing, just a bunch of losers.

How vicious can you be? Your attitude is the cause of instability in this country. The focus should be on helping the new PM have a successful administration and not on vile declarations about Thaksin. Would you even have a life if you could rail about Thaksin? Do you ever have an positive thoughts?

You, my friend , are the greatest loser.

i agree with you

but on your related issue issue how can we get posters to behave better on the forum. the flaming gets out of control sometimes and is spoiling what should be a civilised forum

just my opinion

How vicious can you be? Your attitude is the cause of instability in this country. The focus should be on helping the new PM have a successful administration and not on vile declarations about Thaksin. Would you even have a life if you could rail about Thaksin? Do you ever have an positive thoughts?

You, my friend , are the greatest loser.

i agree. there is not a lot of positive thought here sometimes, and some unconstructive comments

also thai history shows politicians make come-backs, which is why they always leave a door open for them. thais are careful not to put themselves on possibly being on the wrong side

Taksin is a great businessman, but his time in politics might just be over... hopefully.

I used to think that, but now that I know he started life a policeman, married into an influential family, and suddenly sky rocketed into financial success ... I have to wonder if it was due to his business acumen ... or corruption .... :o

So Sorry , uneducated should not reply ,only the elite with education should be able to reply on Thai Visa, Newin has nothing whatsoever to do with the democrats and has never helped them in any way , is that better ?

I have to agree with you. It's definitively the other way around. It's Newin who decided that Abhisit (the people behind Abhisit) was the best choice when it comes to protect his family business.

Abhisit in charge of anything ?? :o:D The last two PM didn't have much power but it's obvious for everybody than the only thing asked to this one is to smile in front of the cameras.

Actually, when you think about it. Abhisit is the George W Bush of Thailand. Only with better English.

How do you reckon? I don't see any similarity. Not saying Abhisit is great, just don't see the connection.

Front man for neo-cons who have only their self interest in mind and very little respect for human rights.

Guantanamo bay , Donald Duck bay, same same, no ?

Actually, when you think about it. Abhisit is the George W Bush of Thailand. Only with better English.

How do you reckon? I don't see any similarity. Not saying Abhisit is great, just don't see the connection.

Front man for neo-cons who have only their self interest in mind and very little respect for human rights.

Guantanamo bay , Donald Duck bay, same same, no ?

Activists Welcome New Thai Government's Policy Stance on Burma

http://www.voanews.com/english/2009-01-16-voa38.cfm

Rights-abuse claims in South to be probed, says PM

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2009/01/18...al_30093496.php

I might add, if Mark can be good for business, help the poor AND clean up past Govts reprehensible mistakes on human rights, I'm all for it :D

We'll have to wait n see if the Bhum Jai Thai and the unholy Newin 'trojan-horse alliance' doesn't wag the dog tho (or sabotage it/kill it for a re-emergence/throw-back to Dr Thaksin;) :o