Make Thailand Beautiful

12DrinkMore

Actually there is one solution which would work extremely well.

If the Royal Family decided to make it an issue.

I have thought for a long time that this is the simple solution. He says it, they do it. Likewise dangerous driving.

Sure, the only way is with the help of the Royal Family, and if they could help with dangerous driving, that would save many unnecessary deaths. :o

Actually there is one solution which would work extremely well.

If the Royal Family decided to make it an issue.

I have thought for a long time that this is the simple solution. He says it, they do it. Likewise dangerous driving.

Sure, the only way is with the help of the Royal Family, and if they could help with dangerous driving, that would save many unnecessary deaths. :D

Yeah, but that would be far to logical a thing to do, and highly un-Thai :o

I used to have a stern word for my TGF if she threw litter out of the train/car window etc... she told me that Thais were used to doing it as everything used to be wrapped in Banana leaves and they are still in that habit, but now, unfortunately for Thailand, banana leaves have replaced by non biodegradable plastic...

It really 'grinds my gears' seeing litterbugs and breaks my heart to see such a lovely place covered in rubbish.

The village here looks like one big rubbish dump. The first time I started to clean up the area in my line of sight my gf asked why I was doing that, it's not my problem. I asked her who's problem was it then? She had no answer. I was just sick of the sight of so much rubbish. It doesn't help that there is no rubbish collection here and everything has to be carried away.

Some of the people here do try to keep the area in front of their houses clean, but a VERY small minority

One of our neighbours just throws all their rubbish out of their window, it stinks and attracts flies.

The children have to pick up all of the rubbish in the school grounds, but when out of school, just drop their wrappers and plastic cups anywhere.

Keep Thailand Tidy - a great idea, but as it takes a little bit of effort, it will not happen.

Edited by loong