No One Ever Addresses My Replies So I Am Starting My Own Topic - Isaan Lady Trade In For Bangkok Hi So, Good Idea Or Not?

Lix

I have lived in Thailand for 2 years, a year in Samui and a year in BKK. Samuibeachcomber was that sarcastic or is it true?

And what can you not see staying open for very long Mrtoad? I thought it was a rather honest and interesting discussion to open up...or is someone going to tell me it has been spoken about numerous times before?

The reason it will get closed is because .........well you wait and see how this discussion progresses. It's perfect Troll material, even if it isn't meant to be. I appreciate your honesty though.

BTW, Samuibeachcomber is almost right, 95% of TV posters have a hi-so Thai chinese partner, who drives a Merc.

What's wrong with a BMW ? Anyway, we already trade if for a Porsche Cayenne. When my wife wanted to buy a pair shoes and a few dresses, the boxes couldn’t fit in the car. They don’t go shopping in Europe ?

I know a lot about Thailand and in fact I write about Thailand and various social issues for a UK journal as one of my jobs, ...

Hi-so girls parents would not let them date falang. End of story.

What about the Royal Princess who married a farang?

Yes, and what happened? Not that we can discuss anyway.

So before that it was Ok, but not anymore? Come on, stop embarrassing yourselves with the generalizations.

Clarify, as clearly you haven't read much about the subject of Ulabhorn.

Hi-so girls parents would not let them date falang. End of story.

Only partly true tho

Just the odd is not highly in your favor, esp for the current farangpool in thailand :o

Some girls don't follow their parents' advise ... But it's true, if you want to know the feelings of a "colored" person who try to date a good girl in Europe or the USA, dating a "hi-so" girl in Thailand, or anywhere in Asia for that prupose, is an eye opener.

Simon she is not brown, she is pure white skinned (bonus points), most Thais think she is from Singapore....But your solution is perfect thank you.

Wow I knew this topic would kick up some sort of reaction but this is more than I bargained for. I thought it was a little provocative as i wrote but not to this extent. Thanks, I would love to buy all you guys a drink sometime; I reckon you would be even more hilarious in real life. Name the bar, time and place and I will be there, make sure it is the filthiest, sleaziest whore ridden establishment in town.

cheers, i really enjoyed my coffee this morning :o

P.S Samui you do not need to be able to spell to be a writer, and i never said i could spell, or that i was intelligent . Have a lovely day x

Clarify, as clearly you haven't read much about the subject of Ulabhorn.

there are more than a few examples of farang marrying thai ladies from wealthy families, so again, just save yourself the embarrassment of making silly generalizations, as they are just that.

there is no "everything is this way" or "everything is that way".

Simon she is not brown, she is pure white skinned (bonus points), most Thais think she is from Singapore....But your solution is perfect thank you.

White skin = bonus points? :o

What happened to genuine ....love, affection?

hmm....the statement is saying quite abit about yourself here, mr Lix :D

sorry but why would Thais assume that a white skinned Thai is from Singapore and how would OP even know what other Thais think since he does not speak Thai? if anything, they would think her to be chinese, but Singaporean? and i thought she was from isaan?

looks like OP is a 50 year old english teacher afterall.

Edited by dave9988

Thanks, I would love to buy all you guys a drink sometime; I reckon you would be even more hilarious in real life. Name the bar, time and place and I will be there, make sure it is the filthiest, sleaziest whore ridden establishment in town.

Beer time it is. How about Gullivers at Sukhumvit soi 5 at 7 PM? You pick the day.

sorry but why would Thais assume that a white skinned Thai is from Singapore and how would OP even know what other Thais think since he does not speak Thai? if anything, they would think her to be chinese, but Singaporean? and i thought she was from isaan?

There is no way that most thais (esp in bkk) would be assuming she's from Singapore, even if she has a white skin,

......unless she is able to speak english fluently also

There is no way that most thais (esp in bkk) would be assuming she's from Singapore, even if she has a white skin,

Singaporeans dont speak English fluently, they speak with a Singaporean accent. his comment of "all Thais just think my isaan gf is from Singapore" just naturally strikes me as being fictitious, given the nature of his posting.

Singaporeans dont speak English fluently, they speak with a Singaporean accent. his comment of "all Thais just think my isaan gf is from Singapore" just naturally strikes me as being fictitious, given the nature of his posting.

yea yea....whatever......don't be so picky on me here

What I meant was....her english would have to be fairly good - in speaking wise

Joking about bonus points...dam_n what is with you ....my GF is lovely and i treat her respectfully, in fact i am cleaning the apartment and making her dinner while she has gone off to work today! I only wanted to know from someone who dates in high society what the key differences are and their experiences etc. I didn't want my tongue in cheek posting to be scrutinised by wannbe therapists!

'his post strikes me as fictitious'....oh man... look i have been with her on a number of occasions and Thaïs have presumed she was from Singapore or had something more in her genes, but she in no way looks Chinese. Why would I lie about that? She just doesn’t look Thai ...anyway who cares what is with this forum and the Spanish inquisition.

I found some good reading here on similar and related subjects:

http://www.tfs2m.com/reader-submissions/20...y-bigbabykenny/

• 2 weeks later...