Art Schools For Children 4 To 10 Years Old

chuckacinco

Dear Thaivisa Members,

I would be very grateful if you could give me the names of any art schools or businesses in Bangkok that have art activities that emphasize art skills rather than craft skills for children ages about 4 to 10.

Although art and crafts are related, I'm looking for information for a school or business teaching painting, drawing, and model building (sculpture) as compared to painting a plaster Mickey Mouse if you know what I mean.

Thank you very much. I feel our children don't get enough art. I would very much appreciate your replies.

Chuckacinco

• 2 weeks later...

Wow. A thread of only me.

I found a little Art class on the 8th floor of the Emporium Suites. Mostly fun crafty type stuff. About B3,500 for ten hours of basic fun crafts. All materials included. Making frames with plasticine detail, eggshell mosaic pictures - stuff like that.

Anyway, I just wanted to add to the Thaivisa database for parents. If anyone has any other information, please feel free to post.

Cheers

chuckacinco

Top floors of Esplanade have a bunch of Saturday / Sunday things to do, art is one of them.

Beside Rasami school www.rasami.ac.th but not associated with the school is a very nice art teacher who teaches kids on weekends etc.

Very nice man.

I gave the Rasami web site as I dont know the street and hope the school has a map :o

Chalit Art Gallery at 126/1 Ratchawithi Soi 2, Din Daeng (02-246-3171) do art classes for kids. Age 4-12, 10 sessions, B4,500.

Also check out Sukhumvit Soi 38. Very close to the BTS. Head down the soi, then bang on the corner where you take the first right, there is a very cool looking art school. I forget the name (I pass it every day :o ), but my neighbours send their kids there at weekends. I will ask temfor more info when I see them.

Good luck

• 3 weeks later...