Moving To Isaan

lovinglife

Hi all,

I posted a topic previously "Moving to Chaiyaphum". It now transpires that there are no golf clubs there so I'm having a rethink. Want to be close to Chaiyaphum as Girlfriends family live there, also will drive to Bangkok every week and stay there for a few days each week.

I like Khon Kaen and I have been told there is a great new course there to the West of the city, but it is a long drive to Bkk. Anyone live in this area can give me some advice?

Would like some more advice about Korat area, specifically recommended areas to live near the city but not in it, and good golf clubs in that locality that I could join.

A Google search for Korat Golf Course gives you a number of golf courses close to Korat and also close to southern Chaiyaphum.

I guess that some of the courses in the Khao Yai area may be interesting.

http://www.golforient.com/khao-yai-&-i...lf-&-resort

Some of those courses in Khao Yai look fantastic with beautiful scenery and countryside too. They're a little far from most cities/ towns though, anyone know what Nakhon Nayok is like, or if there are any nice villages in the khao Yai area that would be a good home?

The other question is do these clubs offer membership or are they all pay and play? I would guess they are not very busy on weekdays but packed with Bangkokians at the weekend.

You should definitely consider moving to Pakchong. Very near to the Golf Courses in Khao Yai. Manty to choose from-

Mission Hills

Kirimaya

Bonanza

Toscana Valley

Friendship Meadows

I think most of them have membership available. I have been living in Pakchong for a number of years and would say that these are some of the best courses in Thailand (Kirimaya and Mission Hills are both Jack Nicklaus designs), very rarely congested and great cooler weather up here.

I'm afraid it appears not Panda. Have checked everywhere and looks like the par 3's and a range is it. Think I have to rethink as living out somewhere quiet will bring enough challenges without this one. Anyone played the course to the West of Khon Kaen? Otherwise it looks like Pakchong area, those courses look great.

Another vote for the Pakchong/Khao Yai area from me - we have a weekend cottage about 5km from Toscana Valley (which I've yet to play). Stunning scenery and plenty of courses. On the downside land is becoming increasingly expensive as the area is becoming much more popular with Bangkokians as a second home/holiday spot. Best bet is to drive around the area - most land seemed to be advertised on notices on the side of the road rather than via agents when we were buying.

I live and play golf in Korat. We have a group of about 6 to 10 expats who play every Tuesday and Friday. There are 4 courses in and around Korat. Many nice housing developments here and many expats as Korat is the 3rd largest city in Thailand. PM me if you want further info.

Hit em straight,

RD

• 1 month later...

I HAVE PLAYED THE COURSE WEST OF KK AND I THOUROUGHLY RECCOMEND IT , ITS CALLED DANCOON , ITS A VERY GOOD LAYOUT , 18 HOLES WITH HOTEL ON SITE , MONDAYS AND TUESDAYS ARE SPORTS DAYS SO GOOD DEALS GOING ON THEN , FROM KK CITY DRIVE ABOUT 15K ON THE ROAD TO CHUM PHAE , LOOK OUT FOR AN ESSO GARAGE ON OPPOSITE SIDE OF THE ROAD , ABOVE THAT YOU WILL SEE A BIG SIGN SAYING DANCOON 4.5Ks , U-TURN THEN TURN LEFT PAST THE ESSO GARAGE AND 4.5Ks STRAIGHT DOWN THAT ROAD IS THE COURSE .

There is actually a course in Chaiyaphum province but its so far away from the city thats almost in another province . Its at Chulaphon Dam nearest town to it is a place called Khon San . Its a 9 hole course and VERY hilly . Its very cheap and very scenic but also as i mentioned its in a VERY remote location . Telephone numbers are 043-384969 ext 2630 and 044-861669 ext 2630 .