Pattaya Tefl Or Celta Certification Any Recommendations For Better Pattaya Telf Training Centers?

Gerry290

Hi

Can any one recommend the better quality Pattaya based TEFL Certification for English Teaching

Centers to do TEFL in Pattaya. (or better any CELTA if i spelled that correct English Teacher

Training Center in Pattaya?)

If one has already B.A. University Degree, (& Post Grad Hip Dip in Business)

what are the better quality places in Pattaya to do TEFL Certifications, can

anyone please tell me?

(I have noticed some strange looking places that claim to teach TEFL in Pattaya)

Any Advice from people in the know, would be greatly appreciated asap.

Thanks

It has been clearly established that with(and even without) a legitimate B.A. as you indicate, you don't need a TEFL Certification to teach in Thailand. Do some hourly work, if you like it and are well recieved, look for a full time job. Any time you read about a job guaranty if you pay me money, as is the norm of a few in Pattaya, run away.

It has been clearly established that with(and even without) a legitimate B.A. as you indicate, you don't need a TEFL Certification to teach in Thailand. Do some hourly work, if you like it and are well recieved, look for a full time job. Any time you read about a job guaranty if you pay me money, as is the norm of a few in Pattaya, run away.

What are you on about? Read the op's question again. Your response is completely unrelated to his post - troll

OP

I don't know Pattaya so can't comment on the TEFL schools there. The only comment I can offer is that a Pattaya connection on your resume/cv may not be positive when looking for work outside of sin city.

Any time you read about a job guaranty if you pay me money, as is the norm of a few in Pattaya, run away.

What are you on about? Read the op's question again. Your response is completely unrelated to his post - troll

I'm on about the idea that if you pay one of the Pattaya outfits money, they will guaranty you a job after completion of the course. This is obviously related to his/her post. What are you "on about" suggesting that living in Pattaya is such a negative thing? The whold town doesn't revolve around booze and prostitutes contrary to what you may have read on the internet. It seemed to be growing last time I was there and I don't mean in a "sin" way. Hospitals, Condos, 4-5star hotels, etc..

Text and Talk in Pattaya is good (it is located behind TukCom). If you have a BA degree, you don't have to get a TEFL to get a WP eligible job as a teacher. The TEFL will acclimate you to teaching in Thailand, and may give you a bump on your job search. Our school hires many T&T Pattaya graduates.

Bruce - nice to see you here, but I'm not going to argue politics with you on this board. You are correct, that TEFL outfits shouldn't be offering job guarantees. I hire teachers all the time, and if someone comes out of a TEFL program, and I can't understand their English, they won't get hired. Our school won't hire stutterers, cockney-accented Brits and Australians.

Hope you like TV.

Thanks for the info everyone.

Yes, my other research has also pointed that "Text and Talk" down

by Tucom is of quality reputation.

I think regardless of the legislation, thankfully having a B.A. Degree; it is essential to

do & study hard the TEFL to get the method & learn "how to" teach, & also I

am sure pick up many things from instructors experience brings on the

cultural end. How to conduct ones self in the formal setting of classroom

as teacher. The ground rules etc.

LOL. Actually re Pattaya. I do not drink nor go out! I am the most unlikely

mid 30 year old to live in Pattaya. I like the weather, the beach, The proximity

t0 BKK. And I have been 3 years in Pattaya now.

I am going down to Text N Talk today, as I am on the last minute here

with this.

Thanks for the heads up on Text N Talk. I hope Irish accents, with

deliberate attempt to speak with good "annunciation" are acceptable

when seeking a position in Thailand. :-)

Warmest Regards

Gerry

Edited by Gerry290

Great to hear! I start there on Monday. Should be enjoyable!

Chok dee krup

I think you made the right choice of TEFL and not CELTA. The 'TA' in CELTA stands for Teaching Adults so that course won't prepare you for teaching in Thailand where most work is teaching kids.

It seems from your avatar that you enjoy ballet dancing. It's a great way to keep fit. :o

• 3 months later...
Great to hear! I start there on Monday. Should be enjoyable!

How did the Text and Talk course go. I am considering their next 6 week course which starts around end of June. It will be that or a 4 week CELTA course outside Pattaya. I live in Pattaya, so this course is more convenient for me.

I would be particularly interested in what you thought of the classroom sessions with the 'students' ie: the lessons where you were teaching. Were there enough - not enough???

Also, where have you 'ended up' working???

Thanks for the feedback

Edited by dsfbrit