Udon Bike Week - Who's Going?

AnthonyR1

hi all,

thought i would start a fresh topic on the Udon bike week. see if we can gather a group interested in riding from bkk to Udon.

ray23 posted some great hotel and contact info here Udon Details

maybe we can organize to meet prior to the ride to discuss routes, etc....????? this saturday or sunday for a coffee or a beer somewhere?

if anyone is interested in doing so let me know and i'll set a place and time.

tentatively considering saturday 11ish at sukhumvit soi 11

thanks

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hiya Anthony!

I'm sure we can get a good group together for the Udon Thani Bike Week on February 6th-7th. A couple of friends from GT Rider are definitely going, some from BKK, some from Rayong/Pataya area.

I'm going to Bard's on Saturday to get my Ninja's exhaust chopped and hoping to ride BIRA on Sunday so can't meet up with you this weekend, but perhaps sometime next week? I wonder if bikers still meet up at Gullivers on Tuesdays?

I'll have my new ER-6n for the Udon Thani ride and am looking forward to racking up some miles on my new machine!

Happy Trails

Tony

Going to see if I can sort a few of my lads to come along ...Friday - Saturday is a challenge but do-able!

We would be coming from the Future Park side - anyone want to meet and leave together - PM me..

Cheers!

cool. i think we plan to meet just opposite future park...maybe we can hook up.

have you chosen a route? as the crow flies or a bit of weaving?

i'm meeting up with 2 other riders this saturday to discuss but i think we're leaning towards a direct route.

Riding from BKK I vote for this route which will let us avoid the terrible northern route past Don Muang and will take us through fabulous Khao Yai National Park:

[

Hi

Would you happen to have a map similar to this one for the Bangkok to Pattaya route i have never driven from Bkk to Pattaya by bike and need the info so I can take my bike to the Burapa bike meeting this Feb. I know the route by car but not by bike.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

HH

Hi

Would you happen to have a map similar to this one for the Bangkok to Pattaya route i have never driven from Bkk to Pattaya by bike and need the info so I can take my bike to the Burapa bike meeting this Feb. I know the route by car but not by bike.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

HH

Hi HH!

When I ride to Pattaya I like to go via Chachoengsao on the 304 like this:

BangsaenRamkamhaeng.jpg

It's a great road with some nice scenery and usually not much traffic.

Happy Trails!

Tony

Hi Guys... I'll be back from the frozen tundra of Northern China this Friday night and I'm itching to ride the bike, drink a beer, and talk cycles. Udon sounds like fun ... but, I'm starting to worry I'll be the only one on a Ninjette and I'll be unable to keep the pace.

Tony, you are going to be dangerous on that new ER6N :o

Apologies for getting off topic! :D

You know how it is :D

Looks like I have a buyer for my Ninjette- I'm riding up to Chiang Mai tomorrow and hopefully we'll get the paperwork done on Friday. Kind buyer even offered to pay my bus fare back to Bangkok :D

Then I'll have to wait a few more days for the ER-6n... CAN'T WAIT!!! :o

Looking forward to riding the new bike to Udon Thani with you guys.

Don't worry about keeping up Jim- I don't have a screen for my naked bike yet, so that alone should keep me at a reasonable speed. And the Ninjettes kept up just fine the last time we rode with the liter bikes. Just gotta ride it like you stole it! :D:wai:

Happy Trails!

Tony

Apologies for getting off topic! :D

You know how it is :D

Looks like I have a buyer for my Ninjette- I'm riding up to Chiang Mai tomorrow and hopefully we'll get the paperwork done on Friday. Kind buyer even offered to pay my bus fare back to Bangkok :D

Then I'll have to wait a few more days for the ER-6n... CAN'T WAIT!!! :o

Looking forward to riding the new bike to Udon Thani with you guys.

Don't worry about keeping up Jim- I don't have a screen for my naked bike yet, so that alone should keep me at a reasonable speed. And the Ninjettes kept up just fine the last time we rode with the liter bikes. Just gotta ride it like you stole it! :D:wai:

Happy Trails!

Tony

hehehe no worries, was just kidding. what you guys are discussing is far more interesting :P

Hi Guys... I'll be back from the frozen tundra of Northern China this Friday night and I'm itching to ride the bike, drink a beer, and talk cycles. Udon sounds like fun ... but, I'm starting to worry I'll be the only one on a Ninjette and I'll be unable to keep the pace.

Tony, you are going to be dangerous on that new ER6N :o

No worries, that makes two of us... I am on a CBR 929, (lol)

Chris

hi all,

thought i would start a fresh topic on the Udon bike week. see if we can gather a group interested in riding from bkk to Udon.

ray23 posted some great hotel and contact info here Udon Details

maybe we can organize to meet prior to the ride to discuss routes, etc....????? this saturday or sunday for a coffee or a beer somewhere?

if anyone is interested in doing so let me know and i'll set a place and time.

tentatively considering saturday 11ish at sukhumvit soi 11

thanks

PM me so I can get some details (cell number etc..) I wont ride the bike in but MRT it! (lol) really not pleased with coming into the city on the bike....

Still up for a cold beer though!

:-)

Chris

for anyone interested in hooking up tomorrow; we'll be at the german beer house on sukhumvit soi 11 from noon onwards. map

Hiya Anthony,

So, what did you guys decide or did ya get too blasted to remember. :o I'm definitely going to go to the Udon Thani Bike Week but not sure I want to blast all the way there on the big roads since I may have the missus on the back and will still be breaking in the new ER-6n. I'd love to go via Khao Yai National Park since from my house it's kind of on the way. If I don't ride with you I'll see you there for sure and perhaps we can all ride back together.

Happy Trails!

Tony

for anyone interested in hooking up tomorrow; we'll be at the german beer house on sukhumvit soi 11 from noon onwards. map

Hiya Anthony,

So, what did you guys decide or did ya get too blasted to remember. :D I'm definitely going to go to the Udon Thani Bike Week but not sure I want to blast all the way there on the big roads since I may have the missus on the back and will still be breaking in the new ER-6n. I'd love to go via Khao Yai National Park since from my house it's kind of on the way. If I don't ride with you I'll see you there for sure and perhaps we can all ride back together.

Happy Trails!

Tony

hey tony,

from what i can recall :o we decided to ride as the crow flies.....but that's not to mean that we'll be flying the whole time....same clip as the ride to CM i guess. hope you can join.

Hiya Anthony,

So, what did you guys decide or did ya get too blasted to remember. :o I'm definitely going to go to the Udon Thani Bike Week but not sure I want to blast all the way there on the big roads since I may have the missus on the back and will still be breaking in the new ER-6n. I'd love to go via Khao Yai National Park since from my house it's kind of on the way. If I don't ride with you I'll see you there for sure and perhaps we can all ride back together.

Happy Trails!

Tony

Be great if you can join us!

Thanks guys! Very kind of you. If the missus is along I think I'll take the slow and scenic route going and we'll look forward to seeing you there. Hopefully we can do a loop around Udon Thani and then ride back to Bangers together.

Happy Trails!

Ok no worries.

We plan to do some rides around Udon Thani. There is a possibility of going to KK on Sunday. Ride around & spend the night there.

And then it the ride back to BKK on Monday.

It would be awesome if you can join us on some of the rides. At least ride back to BKK with us. :o

Enjoy your new bike.

So what's the jizz (!) on this? Where we meeting, when we going and where we staying?

well for anyone that wants to join us....me, travelmate and 2 others, we have 2 meeting points;

hooking up with travelmate at 7am at the caltex gas station on asoke just north of sukhumvit and on the right (coming from sukhumvit).

from there we'll be picking up the others at 730am at the PT gas station on viphavadi. it's just past the u-turn bridge for the airforce base at don muang. first left exit right after the u-turn and they'll be a shell then a few sois up the next gas station is the PT. then its off to udon. we're booked into the irish clock hotel or guest house or something. ray23's post lists quite a few hotels UdonHotels

anyone wanna join us can PM me and i'll send my mobile number.

just a week away :o

Hi Anthony, Andrew and Zzinged and everyone else going to the Udon Thani Bike Week-

I'm going for sure, but I'll meet you guys there as I'm going to take the scenic route with the missus on the back via Khao Yai National Park and avoid that terrible highway 1 to Saraburi. Riding solo I can haul ass, but with a passenger I'm not sure I'd keep up with you guys anyway :o

Ride safe and see you there!

Tony

haha alright Kwak man :o Anthony what's the schedule like? Any idea which route we'll take, and how long it might be?

hmmm no idea really, as the crow flies i suppose; don muang to saraburi and directly north east to udon. it's 560km total so i guess we're looking at 6 hours with stops etc....

what do you ride zzinged?