Udon Bike Week - Who's Going?

AnthonyR1

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Folks,

Seems as if you will be going within 5 minutes of my house in Khon Kaen, some of you on Friday and some on Saturday.   From Saraburi to Udon No 2 is a very fast open dual carriageway, with bypasses round the main towns of Khorat and Khon Kaen. The traffic tends to reduce in volume the further North you go. There will be 3 or 4 police traps along the way, but if you are a tight group you may be able to blast through together.

I am some other Khon Kaen riders will be going up to Udon from KK after lunch Saturday.

Anyone who is interested in popping in to my house for coffee, either Friday or Saturday or having lunch locally or if Saturday, meeting up to ride up to Udon please let me know.

I am happy to meet you on the main highway somewhere like Makro, Anyone interested??

Footnote, Those booked into the Irish Clock, its a great place with real beer and the best Farang food in Isaarn, also next to one of the nightlife areas of Udon.

Edited by johngooding

Hi Folks,

There will be 3 or 4 police traps along the way, but if you are a tight group you may be able to blast through together.

Footnote, Those booked into the Irish Clock, its a great place with real beer and the best Farang food in Isaarn, also next to one of the nightlife areas of Udon.

Thanks for the tip on the police.

Four of us are staying at the Irish Clock. Glad to note that it is a great place.

See you guys there.

Ride safe.

Hi Folks,

Seems as if you will be going within 5 minutes of my house in Khon Kaen, some of you on Friday and some on Saturday. From Saraburi to Udon No 2 is a very fast open dual carriageway, with bypasses round the main towns of Khorat and Khon Kaen. The traffic tends to reduce in volume the further North you go. There will be 3 or 4 police traps along the way, but if you are a tight group you may be able to blast through together.

I am some other Khon Kaen riders will be going up to Udon from KK after lunch Saturday.

Anyone who is interested in popping in to my house for coffee, either Friday or Saturday or having lunch locally or if Saturday, meeting up to ride up to Udon please let me know.

I am happy to meet you on the main highway somewhere like Makro, Anyone interested??

Hi John,

Looking forward to seeing at the Udon Thani Bike Week! Would love to join you for lunch and a ride on Saturday, but I don't think I'll make it to Khon Kaen by lunch time. I'll be riding from Bangkok on Saturday morning with Jim (Itahilian) and we're going to go via Khao Yai National Park:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source....30899&z=12

Google maps plots it out at about 580km and estimates drive time at 9 hours. Of course, Google Maps usually overestimates drive time and I'm thinking this ride can be done in about 7 hours.

Let us know what time you'll be riding up to Udon Thani and if we can make it in time we'll join you for the ride, ok?

Happy Trails!

Tony

Hi All!

I know a bunch of you are riding from Bangkok to Udon Thani on Friday and I wish you a safe and fun ride.

I'm going to ride up on Saturday morning with Jim (Ithailian) via Khao Yai National Park. If there are any other bikers that would like to join us you are more than welcome. Only requirements are that you have a reliable machine, know how to ride, and can cruise comfortably at 120km/hr and go at least 200km on a tank of gas.

Rendezvous with Jim on Sukhumvit / On Nut or on Highway 304 as indicated on this map:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source...154495&z=13

If anyone is coming from Pattaya/Chonburi/Rayong, then we can meet on Highway 319 just past Prachinburi.

Planned departure time is to be determined, but I'd like to leave as early as possible and if Jim agrees I say we hit the road no later than 0700.

Happy Trails!

Hi Tony,

I think we will not leave Khon Kaen until around 2pm, so maybe touch base on Saturday when you are leaving Khao Yai. Its very easy to average over 100kph on the main No 2 highway, but of course going thro KY is a different matter. Either way will see you up at the event. I just posted as I am on the direct route in case a coffee break or lunch in order. Have a fun ride up John

Cheers Travelmate,

You riding the Green Machine to Udon? I look forward to catching up with you guys on Saturday.

Have a safe and fun ride and see you there!

Happy Trails,

Tony and Nong

Green staying home. :o

Riding white this time. :D

See you in Udon. Can I borrow your bike for burnouts and stoppies? :D

Cheers Travelmate,

You riding the Green Machine to Udon? I look forward to catching up with you guys on Saturday.

Have a safe and fun ride and see you there!

Happy Trails,

Tony and Nong

Green staying home. :D

Riding white this time. :burp:

See you in Udon. Can I borrow your bike for burnouts and stoppies? :D

LOL! Hmmm, riding white? I'm intrigued. What did ya get? Or is it going to be a surprise? I didn't think the Triumph Tiger mas ever made in White, so must be something else... Oooh- I'm so curious! Hope it's not Anthony's white a$$! :wai::P :jerk:

Burnouts and stoppies, eh? Indeed the ER-6n is the perfect hooligan bike! But I've got to pop her cherry before I let anyone else have her for sloppy seconds! :o:D:D

Hi Guys

My names Jim i live in udon thani and a biker i belong to the Udon superbike club, There are 4 falangs liveing in Udon who have sportbikes belonging to the club and around 25 Thais.

Sorry i wont be at the bike week as im working in Dhaka at the moment, I have a new 2008 R6 which i bought from Yamaha Thailand (sibsima Korat) around 4 months ago great servise from khun Nui.

I hade my bike painted as a Rossi replica great job for 12,000 bt also got some laser extreme pipes on baffels out of course sounds wild.

For you guys looking for somewere to stay try the soi with the Irish clock pub on its the best brit breackfast in town and starts at 08 00hr. They also do very good accomodation at around 800 bt, for you guys looking for a cheaper place try the Top mansion around 400bt. Both of these places are were the farang nitelife is.

On the same soi as the Irish Clock is the Day and Nite complex around 20 barbeers, there are also more barbeers on the same soi.

Around the corner is Nutty Park with more barbeers. Place to try nutty park a bar calle (A BEER TO FAR) the owner is John a dutch guy and a Rossi fan.

In day and nite is a bar called (G-SPOT) owned By Kenny another member of Udon superbike club he has a honda blackbird.

Well hope this is of some use to you lucky guys going.

Have fun

Redfred

ex Red Devils parachute team