Udon Bike Week - Who's Going?

AnthonyR1

hI again

Well figured out how to make the attatchments so fill you boots on a great bike also, one of my wife in a rossi fan she even named our cocker spanial rossi

My bike will be on display somewere at the bike week ask Khun Kak fron Tech 21 bike shop to start her up and listen to those pipes much better looking than akropovics and sound beter 2.

Again good fun at the meet

whish i was there

post-76338-1233786586_thumb.jpg

post-76338-1233786697_thumb.jpg

post-76338-1233786780_thumb.jpg

post-76338-1233786858_thumb.jpg

post-76338-1233786928_thumb.jpg

post-76338-1233787000_thumb.jpg

post-76338-1233787649_thumb.jpg

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi RedFred!

Welcome to ThaiVisa and thanks for the great advice and excellent pictures!

That R6 looks NICE! :D

What kind of pipe is that? Looks LOUD! :o

Too bad we'll miss you at the Udon Thani Bike Week, but hopefully we'll catch you at a later one.

Happy Trails!

Tony

hi everyone,

just a last minute heads-up....we'll be meeting at the caltex on asoke tomorrow morning at 7am, gassing up and hitting the road by 715. from there picking up a couple more riders at 730-8 at the PTT gas station at don muang just passed the air-force u-turn bridge on viphavadi.

ride safe

anth

Everyone going to Udon, best of luck and be safe.

I went up there new years eve, left at 2 in the afternoon and got there 8.30 and that was with horrendous traffic jams,I reckon you should get there just under 5 hours .....If you are going to go all that way might I suggest that you go the extra 50 klicks and go to Nongkhai to see the MekongPicture048.jpg

I really thought the food was great in the Irish clock and I know some of you guys are staying there but what have you worked out about parking/security for your bikes?

Picture037.jpg

You have got to check out this place Harley O' Tooles, its within stumbling distance of the clock. Cool new owner named Eddie , I went to Udon to see this place I heard it was owned by a fellow Irishman and Harley rider,but he'd already sold it to an American (Eddie)the current owner, good guy I was up til 8am on new years day!Picture035.jpgPicture036.jpg

Alright have a great trip, F.B.

p.s. If you have any bike parking issues speak to Eddie he can help I'm sure.

Hi All!

Heard from the first group of bikers who left from Bangkok this morning and they've made it to Udon safe and sound and say there are already a ton of bikes.

Italithai and I will be riding to Udon tomorrow am. If you'd like to join us here's the meet point:

LatKrabangMcDonalds.jpg

Google Maps link:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source...e=UTF8&z=13

There's a PTT just before the McDonalds, so you can gas up and grab a McBreakfast and be ready to roll at 0700!

Happy Trails!

Tony

Random ride report from me. Did Bangkok > Udon > Pattaya > Bangkok

Distance covered: 1526KM

Cost for fuel: B3140

Times almost sideswiped: 4

Potential 'On the spot B100 parking fines' dodged: 5

Times almost hit on the head by a cop's clipboard: 1

Sunsets seen from the road: 1

Bottles of water consumed on the road: 3

Fatal accident aftermaths seen: 1

Dead bodies seen: 1

It was a pretty good weekend overall.

Random ride report from me. Did Bangkok > Udon > Pattaya > Bangkok

Distance covered: 1526KM

Cost for fuel: B3140

Times almost sideswiped: 4

Potential 'On the spot B100 parking fines' dodged: 5

Times almost hit on the head by a cop's clipboard: 1

Sunsets seen from the road: 1

Bottles of water consumed on the road: 3

Fatal accident aftermaths seen: 1

Dead bodies seen: 1

It was a pretty good weekend overall.

Awesome to finally meet you Zzzinged and hope next time we'll get to ride together- you missed an AWESOME ride along the Mekong yesterday. In your list above you forgot to count the number of girls that were irresistibly drawn to your big, sexy XJR1300 :D

020709ChanBG.jpg

Good times! :o:D:D

Happy Trails!!!

Tony :D

Edited by BigBikeBKK

The Udon Thani Bike Week was a blast!

So good to see many friends from ThaiVisa and Golden Triangle Riders and meet some new friends too!

Left Bangers at the crack of dawn with Ithailian-

020709amam1.jpg

Beautiful day- we rode north to Prachin Buri on 319, then East on 33 to the 304 which we rode up through the mountains to connect with Highway 2. Blasted through all speed traps unmolested and made very good time.

The Irish Clock was excellent and I recommend it to anyone looking for HUGE rooms, great location and excellent food:

020809IrishClockER6n1Sm.jpg

A lot more pics still to be edited. Here's one that I wanted to get posted right away-

020809Mekong21aSm.jpg

Everyone made it home safe and sound and it was a great ride with fun people! Will post some more pictures soon!

Happy Trails,

Tony

Outstanding! Thank you gentlemen! Awesome ride!

UdonThaniRideMap.jpg

Got a couple of videos posted. Here's Andrew on his new Triumph Tiger:

And here's a so so ride video. (I've got some better ones that I need to edit and post)

Happy Trails!

Tony

Edited by BigBikeBKK

And here's a so so ride video. (I've got some better ones that I need to edit and post)

Happy Trails!

Tony

Fantastic ride and great to meet everyone , Tony , Nong nice work with the vids..keep em coming.

Edited by petergreaney

You guys did part of what we call the Loie Loop how was the road along the river havn't done it in a while?

I enjoyed the videos how did you take them? Didn't see any of our real Issan pot holes we have two or three aroind here

Edited by ray23

You guys did part of what we call the Loie Loop how was the road along the river havn't done it in a while?

I enjoyed the videos how did you take them? Didn't see any of our real Issan pot holes we have two or three aroind here

Hi Ray

I did the loie loop a few weeks ago the road wasnt bad but gets boreing once you com out of the hills and away from the river, i have a friend in udon who has a blacbird ( kenny ) he dose this run quite often he is always looking for someone to ride with im out of udon working at the moment give him a coll kenny 0833431015 make it after 14.00 he has abar in day and nite but when we plan a ride its normally set off at 08 30 hr

Jim

Hi Ray,

My missus took the videos while we were riding. Not a perfect setup but still enjoyable.

The road along the Mekong, #211 was in mostly excellent condition- and what stunning views!

020809Mekong211bSm.jpg

Happy Trails!

Tony

Outstanding! Thank you gentlemen! Awesome ride!

UdonThaniRideMap.jpg

Happy Trails!

Tony

Wow thank you so much for the video! Please pass on my thanks to Nong.

That was some ride for sure! And the triumph went like a dream.

It had been a real joy riding with you guys.

Once again thank you very much for the video.

The trick to the Loie Loop, to get that last punch from it is to cut over to Nam Som using the un numbered roads over the mountain two routes, they both equal Mae Hong Son, but only ten klms.

Go to Tha Bo from there, skip Pheu Rua roads are terrible. You can get back on the river to Nong Khai from there.

I like the videos when grow up I think I will try it.