Looking To Buy A Car

You might try to google craigslist bangkok.

craigslist? forget it. It doesn't work in Thailand. There is only one guy who can help you. Mister Narong, Bang Na Trat. They still have some Cadies form the early seventies. I thought there is one, 4 door Fleetwood for about 750'k in good condition, blue metallic. He also have Resto Projects in Lam Lu Ka ( about 300 cars). I don't have his phone number anymore. The best thing is to go and see him. Go see him

There is one in Pattaya.Don't know the year and not exactly in your price range

Look in bahtsold ,they have some photos.I saw the car some months ago .Be cautious the german garage owner thinks farangs are stupid.So his prices are indeed.... :o

http://www.bahtsold.com/detail.php?id=36168

It's not about stupid. This cars are very rare overhere, therefore the prive. I had a couple Trans Ams and T Birds, even a Challenger (early seventies), overhere about 10 years ago, and use to sell them for about 500'k, all in excellent condition. The last one was a Olds 98, year 77. I sold it twice for 350'k (original V8). in good condition. and today i feel sad that i ever sold it, because i can't find a similar car in the same condition anymore. Narong have a lot of resto proyects, but they just start at 300'k so if you restore a car like this, you gonna end um with a million and a lot of work. Buy most of his cars are complete. Sure there ae some cars with lower prices, but if so than the paperwork is not complete and maybe you are not beable the change ownersip. This is the important thing.

i had been interested too, but it wouldn't be the same as owning one in the states.

the price will be higher because they are rare here.

also repair and parts is going to be a big issue.

unless you are a mechanic yourself, or have a severe cash surplus, you might reconsider owning one here.

imagine it breaking down on some highway....

all that said the idea of driving one around thailand is fun.

i had been interested too, but it wouldn't be the same as owning one in the states.

the price will be higher because they are rare here.

also repair and parts is going to be a big issue.

unless you are a mechanic yourself, or have a severe cash surplus, you might reconsider owning one here.

imagine it breaking down on some highway....

all that said the idea of driving one around thailand is fun.

I had a couple US Muscle cars overhere in Thailand. Caddy Eldo or generally 2 door cars are very rare overhere. Price will be very high for a good one, if you can find it. If you mainenance them properly, they'll NEVER brake down. But to own a car like this, you can not just only drive the car, you have to love it and you have to feel the car when you drive. Feeling you have to understand this vehicle, like it is your best friend, so yu can hear or feel anything for example you can hear or feel when a wheel bearring comes bad or when a cylinder starts missfire or what ever. There are tousend points you have to undestand to drive a car like this, that you can drive trouble free. And one important thing. NEVER trust Somchai the mecanic. You can let him wor on your car, but you have to stand behind and watch him every move he do. But one thing is sure: If you ever drove a car like this, you don't want drive a ordinary Japanese Car anymore.

Your best bet is the Thai American Car Club in Bangkok. Here is their classified website.

http://www.thaiamericancarclub.com/board/i...3&board=2.0

You will have to register (free) to view most of the photos on the ads. The attached Cad photo is from the last show in November and it was for sale but I do not see his ad anymore on the website, maybe he sold it. Anyway, have a Thai friend put a car wanted ad in Thai on the website. There is a 68 Cad listed bit it need to be restored. Good luck in your search.

post-25614-1232857214_thumb.jpg

there is a motor showroom on new phetburi road in bangkok that had one of these magnificent machines for sale 2 or 3 months ago , i dont know if the car is still there..... and if it is i doubt if 500,000 would be enough.

If you are talking about the showroom beside the pecharawet hospital near to khlong tan, then the answer is yes, the cars was still there last week.

The OP is looking for a penis extension LOL !

Some peaple never understand the OP. We can ask another question: What do you prefere? Do you like to look in a black and white TV on a wooden kitchen chair or do you like the see your favorite movie in a leather sofa on a flat screen TV?

Im also in the market of an Detroit Steel Monster. If i find one, at least i dont have a problem when motorclylists scratching the plastic bumber of my car, because there are no plastic bumpers. Anybody konws a V8 Monster of the early seventies(prefere 2 door), please PM me.

The OP is looking for a penis extension LOL !

And you are looking for attention. LOL. Are you a troll?

The OP asked about information, what's wrong if he likes this kiond of cars? I always like old US Cars and i don't give a sh.. what other people think. Some peaple maybe get jalouse, because they can't drive or own, or afford it, who knows. This have nothing to do with attention. I like the bodies of this vehicles and the nice Sound of a V8. I can ask the same. Are you looking for attention when you build a nice big house in Isaan with a swimmingpool in a poor neighbourhood? Are you looking for attention when you buy every 6 month the newest expensivest handy? Are you looking for attention when you wearing the newest Nike Sport shoes for 6'000 Baht. It's the same. Maybe are you looking for attention when you need to show your brand new red numberplated Jazz in the neighborhood? Not everyone like the new plasc world of Jazzes and vioses. Personally i hate them. But i not shouting other poeple for their taste. Everybody have the freedom to choice what he likes. This have nothing to do with attention. Most of Thais can't see the difference between a old US car and a old Taxi Crown.

how about this one then , i saw it parked in hua hin this evening , it looks like a 57 or 58 desoto fireflite , that has had the roof lowered and the fins raised.

there is a for sale sign in the rear window, it needs some tidying up , but looks magnificent in red with the white roof.

how about this one then , i saw it parked in hua hin this evening , it looks like a 57 or 58 desoto fireflite , that has had the roof lowered and the fins raised.

there is a for sale sign in the rear window, it needs some tidying up , but looks magnificent in red with the white roof.

nice thanks but not what im lookin for, its too... uhmmm fancy and red lol

I was visit Mister Narong on Bang Na Highway yesterday. There is a nice Fleetwood in dakr color, and black leather, quite in good condition for 750'k. Onotherone is the a 82 Olds coupe in very good contition, two tone green, only small 5 liter V8 with a 2 barrel carburetor, very clean interior. Car starts starts right away when i put the battery in. Engine runs excellent. Automatic and brakes ok. Cost is 350'k. Nice car, but it is not a "full size", and i bought already a 73' cutlass, therefore i din't bought it. But good car, i would say the best for this price, if you care about the condition.

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe of interest ??

Posted today East Coast 'Must Sell Now!!! Mercury Cougar'

MERCURY COUGAR XR-7, A true classic from 1974! newly renovated V8 and 3-step automatic transmission, the car is completely free from rust, renovated and in very good condition, Tax & insurance paid for 2009 The price can be discussed if quick-deal! Call for further information! Price Baht 499.000.- underpriced for a quick sale!!!

http://www.bahtsold.com/detail.php?id=38926

USA.bmp

Edited by ignis

Maybe of interest ??

Posted today East Coast 'Must Sell Now!!! Mercury Cougar'

MERCURY COUGAR XR-7, A true classic from 1974! newly renovated V8 and 3-step automatic transmission, the car is completely free from rust, renovated and in very good condition, Tax & insurance paid for 2009 The price can be discussed if quick-deal! Call for further information! Price Baht 499.000.- underpriced for a quick sale!!!

http://www.bahtsold.com/detail.php?id=38926

USA.bmp

Yes i know that car. It was sold 10 years ago for 180'k in original condition. It was brown and inside brown beige. It had a cream vinil roof in thet time. I don't know the guy who owns it now, but i saw the restoration done in one of my friends Garage. the woner spent a lot of money. It's profesionally done. Car is in excellent shape, but the interior need some work. But i would sai the car is the money worth.

Got this one, just finished to drive. Smooth ride!

how much?

500'k, if i sale. It's not cheap, i know, but it's a hard and time consuming work to build a car like this to a good condition. A lot of things are done, suspension, bushes, (there is no noised or rattles), brakes, new tyres, interior, CD, etc.

Got this one, just finished to drive. Smooth ride!

how much?

500'k, if i sale. It's not cheap, i know, but it's a hard and time consuming work to build a car like this to a good condition. A lot of things are done, suspension, bushes, (there is no noised or rattles), brakes, new tyres, interior, CD, etc.

wow good actually, maybe i need money atm, and still dont have my driving liscence, so maybe a year or two, can you wait and keep it safeand dont drive it at all? lol ;-p