Free Visas For All Tourists

george

Free visas for all tourists

BANGKOK: -- The Cabinet on Tuesday waived travel visa for all nationals for over the next three months as one of four short-term recovery measures to restore tourism industry.

The move is expected to draw more Chinese travellers, one of the main target group, to the country.

The second strategy is to reduce entrance fee to all national parks in the Kingdom. The agreement is aimed to boost domestic tourism.

The third is to allow private sector to claim back-meeting and conference tax at double rate from original. Last measure is cutting the landing and parking fee for aircrafts at major airports in the country.

Speaking after chairing Cabinet meeting, Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva expressed hope that the tourism industry could be restore through theses measures.

He earlier said number of tourist is returning closed to normal rate prior to the start of economic crisis.

However, it is speculated that only four tourism measures, from total 13 measures submitted to the Cabinet were approved.

Proposed measures that was rejected are includes cutting hotel room rate and airfare proposed to Thai Airways International, reducing value added tax on hotel room rates for one year, an exemption annual fee of Bt80 per room and urgent plan to promote the major destinations of Phuket, Krabi and Phang Nga for local tourism.

-- The Nation 2009-01-20

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll wait till i see the full report on this before i get to exited, but if non "o" visa's in the UK become free for the next 3 months then i'm one of the lucky one's as i'm due back in the UK soon & will be applying for a visa in this time frame,i.ll let you know if it true.

Here's a good idea; eliminate the huge gap between Local and Foreign pricing at National Centres. Up in Nakhon Sawan I get Thai prices everywhere I go, and this includes the local Amphur, but heaven forbid I try and enter Haui Kha Khai, about 10 minutes from where I live, unless I want to pay 2x Thai price. Note I don't think it's bad to give Locals a discount, but to be so over the top on gouging the Foreigners......

Really a smart man and his staff, well trained in England in the best college, the only one man that can restore the thailand...can think that only whit this the tourism grow up in thailand?

Sorry but also me that i'm not so smart and intelligent i can do better...how can this man be a prime minister in one contry or the cabinet can manage a country?

Edited by oceano

Really a smart man and his staff, well trained in England in the best college, the only one man that can restore the thailand...can think that only whit this the tourism grow up in thailand?

Sorry but also me that i'm not so smart and intelligent i can do better...how can this man be a prime minister in one contry or the cabinet can manage a country?

In English please.

Governments are not elected to be generous.

The idea of democracy is that everyone will have an equal say in the choice of an effective Government.

They seem to have been eminently sensible in choosing those items that will give 'most bang for a buck'.

They'll get proportionately more publicity for waiving visa fees than they would for subsidsing air fares.

This seems to be the result of simple, sensible 'cost:benefit' analysis.

BANGKOK: -- The Cabinet on Tuesday waived travel visa for all nationals for over the next three months as one of four short-term recovery measures to restore tourism industry.

The move is expected to draw more Chinese travellers, one of the main target group, to the country.

The second strategy is to reduce entrance fee to all national parks in the Kingdom. The agreement is aimed to boost domestic tourism.

The third is to allow private sector to claim back-meeting and conference tax at double rate from original. Last measure is cutting the landing and parking fee for aircrafts at major airports in the country.

Speaking after chairing Cabinet meeting, Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva expressed hope that the tourism industry could be restore through theses measures.

He earlier said number of tourist is returning closed to normal rate prior to the start of economic crisis.

However, it is speculated that only four tourism measures, from total 13 measures submitted to the Cabinet were approved.

Proposed measures that was rejected are includes cutting hotel room rate and airfare proposed to Thai Airways International, reducing value added tax on hotel room rates for one year, an exemption annual fee of Bt80 per room and urgent plan to promote the major destinations of Phuket, Krabi and Phang Nga for local tourism.

-- The Nation 2009-01-20

Visa fees disappearing?

Big deal!

Most tourists come in on a 30-day stamp anyway.

And that is what Thailand does for stimulating tourism.

In the same time the condemned Australian is shown on TV in all his "glory" everywhere in the world.

In the same time the plight of the "boat people" is spread out in the newspapers around the world, including comments from Thai officials.

And then there is that story of the two Burmese sailors rescued from riding the seas in a coolbox and the story how they came there.

Any bet what will do most for Tourism to Thailand?

The number of tourists is "back to normal"?

Not the number of tourists departing from Europe and America.

While also the number of Chinese visitors is dropping.

Any comments?

Edited by hansnl

-- The Nation 2009-01-20

Visa fees disappearing?

Big deal!

Most tourists come in on a 30-day stamp anyway.

And that is what Thailand does for stimulating tourism.

In the same time the condemned Australian is shown on TV in all his "glory" everywhere in the world.

In the same time the plight of the "boat people" is spread out in the newspapers around the world, including comments from Thai officials.

And then there is that story of the two Burmese sailors rescued from riding the seas in a coolbox and the story how they came there.

Any bet what will do most for Tourism to Thailand?

The number of tourists is "back to normal"?

Not the number of tourists departing from Europe and America.

While also the number of Chinese visitors is dropping.

Any comments?

Most visitors are "one pointed" when they make their decision to visit, bad publicity notwithstanding....try not to be too bitter....it's really cold in Phrae too! :o

Restoring the tourism industry is the same as restoring the economy ... it's all about confidence !

Meanwhile wishfull thinking and window dressing is certainly not enough ... It requires skill, innovation, competence ... i dont see any of those in the new government (elect?!)

Will this mean that Farangs will just pay the same price as Thais or will they just reduce the Farng price? I would love to see how a bus load of Thais would feel on entering a park elswhere in the world that they would have to pay a lot more than the locals. You Farang hab money maak maak.

I don't need a visa for Thailand, but my wife, who is Taiwanese, does. So this is good news for tourists from Asian countries. The only problem is, the measure has not been advertised overseas, so nobody knows.

They'll have to start talking about it, otherwise it's not going to help.

maybe thailand should look more towards charter package tours.Cheap airfares and cheaper 4/5 star accomodation and include tours to national parks with free entry.

Its difficult to see how to increase tourism at the moment with the world economy in a downturn.Many people losing their jobs,savings being reduced cos of lower interest rates etc.

Everday there is more bad news,and in 6 months time will anyone have any money left.

The previous government cut some (or was it all) of the entry stamps to 15 days. Presumably this will have an effect on how many need a tourist visa.

The visa price cut will also please the traveller sector who tend to stay longer, spend less per day but overall spend significantly and more diversely. This sector is also far far less affected by politcal games and is not always as badly affected by downturns.

I think that people will also find there are some other parts to the package such as reduceed landing fees for airlines and particularaly targets charter flightsand that at least some 4/5star hotels have agreed to a plan to slash room rates. These policies seem to be aimed at the middle to higher end of the market.

I think there are also some tax incentives for places holding seminars or conferences covering the business market.

It seems overall there actually a variety of plans for tourism in place at the moment. Maybe people on here can think up different plans to help the various different sectors in the tourist industy. In fact iirc Abhisit, in a first for any Thai PM, actually said he would listen to ideas of anyone, so maybe forwarding the plans would be more productive than posting here ....:o

Peace

maybe thailand should look more towards charter package tours.Cheap airfares and cheaper 4/5 star accomodation and include tours to national parks with free entry.

Its difficult to see how to increase tourism at the moment with the world economy in a downturn.Many people losing their jobs,savings being reduced cos of lower interest rates etc.

Everday there is more bad news,and in 6 months time will anyone have any money left.

Guess what will come: lots of Russians, Chinese and Koreans all following the person holding the stick. Will help some places but too many.

I have no plan to travel to Thailand. But since it is free, I will apply for it anyway just to decorate my passport. I live in South Kensington near the Thai embassy, so there won't be any hassle for me.

The best things in live are free.

In English please.

For many members (including myself) English is only their second or third language. So please keep your smart remarks to yourself, because they are not a sign of great intelligence.

In the wake of the government's attempt to boost tourism, by amongst other things allowing free entry into national parks, what chance is there that the private sector will do its part by having a standard entry fee to attractions for all - foreigners and locals alike?

I have no plan to travel to Thailand. But since it is free, I will apply for it anyway just to decorate my passport. I live in South Kensington near the Thai embassy, so there won't be any hassle for me.

Why get one then? so that you can drive round to your chums place in your Chelsea tractor and compare visa stamps?

Shame they don't do a visa for "GET A LIFE"

Fool

Why get one then? so that you can drive round to your chums place in your Chelsea tractor and compare visa stamps?

Shame they don't do a visa for "GET A LIFE"

Fool

Ignore him.

Surely it is he that lose out when his passport run out of pages prematurely and he have to buy a new one.

Edited by TAWP

In English please.

wow we have also in TV a well trained man in England that is smart...so sorry i said im only a stupid Italian man not same yuo SIR.

We are lucky same our PM you can use your intelligence for help TV to have more Member....GOLD MEMBER same you :o:D :D

Sorry the OT.

ciaoooooooooooooooo

I don't need a visa for Thailand, but my wife, who is Taiwanese, does. So this is good news for tourists from Asian countries. The only problem is, the measure has not been advertised overseas, so nobody knows.

They'll have to start talking about it, otherwise it's not going to help.

Yes they want boost the asian tourism, for us of western country dont change so much, also because the visa fee is only small money...who care?

For a city that have Russian tourism also will be a bad period because The russian bank have many problem and now dont help tourist for travel outside russia.

For place like pattaya its mean dont have tourist for 3 or 4 month every years....

ciao

In English please.

For many members (including myself) English is only their second or third language. So please keep your smart remarks to yourself, because they are not a sign of great intelligence.

In that case please translate the above quotation for us...we'd love to know what the hel_l he's saying!

Entry fees down at Nana?

Bar fines slashed,two 4 one? Double stamps on Tuesdays?

As for Hotel rates cut anybody noticed any where asiarooms etc seem top have same old rates and with falling euro and sterling rates are higher than last year before vandals occupied the airport the burmese gypsies were slughtered or a ozzie brought to local justice

RE-ARRANGE

TIT FOR TAT

Unable organize uppiss brewery in couldn't

(into a well known phrase or saying)