Visa Extension-bank Passbook

I'm about to extend my Visa in Chiang Mai, on a Retirement basis, being over 65 and British, and want to know if they will accept proof of 800,000 baht in the bank for three months if I've had it in a FIXED INCOME FUND called K-Treasury where the purchased Units attract interest? The money is immediately available the day after you sell. The lady at Kasikorn Thappae Branch expressed doubts but thought they changed the rules so often it was difficult to be sure.

Would it help if I transferred the money into my Savings Account a week before I applied?

After all, I have had the Money in a Thailand Bank for three months expressly for this purpose.

There have been reports of immigration accepting fixed term accounts. But they may also want you to show another account with transfer and withdrawl activity.

Immigration in CM are the only ones that can give a definitive answer to your question though since every office has it's own rules.

Usually they accept Savings accounts and fixed accounts. Whever they will accept what you have is anyones guess.

Up to the individual officer you see on the day. I had one of those accounts a while back but took the money out in good time for my extension application just in case.

Usually they accept Savings accounts and fixed accounts. Whever they will accept what you have is anyones guess.

Up to the individual officer you see on the day. I had one of those accounts a while back but took the money out in good time for my extension application just in case.

I just want to thank both you and ubonjoe for those fairly reassuring answers. Obviously I must go and find out for myself as it seems to be a rather grey area. It might be worth reporting back on what happens when I visit. Thanks again.

Edited by Asmerom

I just want to thank both you and ubonjoe for those fairly reassuring answers. Obviously I must go and find out for myself as it seems to be a rather grey area. It might be worth reporting back on what happens when I visit. Thanks again.

Please do report back.