With Less Money, Thaksin Lives A Costly Life Abroad

george

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Regardless of what he did, Thailand was a much better place during his time as PM.

It depends how you define better place. That would have to include no respect for certain democratic ideasls such as th most basic of human rights, the right to trial and everyone is innocent until found otherwise in a court.

Regardless of what he did, Thailand was a much better place during his time as PM.

From what I remember, Thailand used to better before he came to power, was still OK for a while when he was in Power and the whole mess we are in right now, is a direct result of Thaksin's "excellent skills as a politician"! The Dems built up Thailand after the last economic meltdown, Thakky came along with promises and direct rewards, took over and just got too greedy and power hungry. As for everyone condemning the army for staging the coup, who else would have helped getting rid of a government that was becoming more and more of a totalitarian regime?

There have been a lots of doubts about the article in a Japanese newspaper about Toxin stay in Dubai or not.

Well I have my doubts also. He seems to pay 500 US$ a night for an suite in a 5 star hotel even its not amongst the best ones. IMHO this seems rather a low price, considering that a standard room in a 5 star hotel cost already about 300 US$ in Dubai. Based on that and the fact that nobody can give us the correct link so I have serious doubts if this article was ever written.

Poor Thaksin. That is a very misserable amount of US$4-US$5 million a year compared to what he has illy accumulated.

eeer that is about US 13,000 per day and the hotel room is 500 us wonder where the rest goes.......

or are these more untruths from the king of lies

gotta feel sorry for the guy, to be backstabbed and betrayed by so many people . reminds me of the war in iraq , it sounded good at the time and many people were exctited at the smell of blood but look at the mess down the road.

Gotta wonder why so many people closest to him turned against him. Chamlong, Sondhi, Sonthi, Newin, even his wife divorced him. What does that tell you about his character? All you self confessed Thaksin lovers should really be considering this, maybe you wouldn't be loving him so much if you spent some time with him and found out what he's really like.

My english in not good, some people insult me for that.....everyday.

If they use their good english for find the real news and the fake news like me is better for all.

Taksin is in SINGAPORE...use internet dont loose you time whit me.

ciao

Are you saying that Thaksin ave been in Singapore for the last week and you have sources that prove that? Bring 'em then?

The more accurate info we can get, the better...

my source is irc...internet relay chat...you can find all you want...and beliveme many time they said all the true about something then the newspaper...

many times i see that.

Use internet is not only look the 1st page of google.....

Also what you think is true in your post before...never had a confirmation but you belive "the nation " like gold...

Must be true then, people on the internet wouldn't lie.

less then the news paper....so do you find this news somewere or not?

Show to me the news in the japan site...were is it????????????

do you find this journalist or not?

i had show to you that is a fake....

what do you want more?

take care

Actually, there are a couple of Indians where I work in Bangkok and they have said Thaksin has been in New Delhi lately. There have allegedly been reports in the Indian newspapers about this - I haven't seen any (would love to). I suspect there is a far stronger case of him being there than Singapore.

In terms of questioning if this story is true. It's perhaps understandable given the sort of tricks Thaks and his people have employed before.. the story about the Bahaman government being happy to have him live there was a total fabrication, I believe. And was exposed as such. The Nation covered that (Post also, I think). However in this case, I have the feeling Asahi (or Asahi Shimbun) had or used to have an office in one of The Nation buildings.

In terms of why Oceano couldn't find the story in a search, there are probably a number of reasons for that, including that newspaper groups often don't do that till several days after the story has run.

It just shows you how everything about this man is like a mirage - lies, distortion, etc - it's a game of Chinese mirrors with him. Although we're getting more and more info that suggests that The Nation story about him a few weeks back that he was down to his last 500 million USD may be close to the truth. There has been a lot of comment from journalists here that he has sent very little dough to Pheu Thai and red shirts recently. That is probably one of the reasons for the political calm. Thing is, I think he still wants to rock the boat, because he has his big assets case starting in March (on whether the 2-billion USD 'frozen' by the govt should be confiscated), so his people are lobbying Asean to say the government is illegitimate, etc.

The sad part is Abhisit has run like a child from the Rohingyas' scandal, and you get the feeling he'll play the same tricks in regard to prosecutions of the PAD ..Pravit wrote a column in The Nation on Tuesday, I think, talking about the disparity between Abhisit's words and his actions, and that's could be the key question of his time in power. Well educated, eloquent, but hollow and without the balls to take a gutsy stand. The Rohingyas' case is making him look like a monkey, if you read the latest BBC report. And he's completely ignored very strong concerns about Hmong "refugees" - dozens of whom reportedly have bullet wounds (perhaps the best evidence of persecution by the Lao regime) .. saying they will return the 5000 in Phetchabun by May. Truth is they have major concerns re illegal migrants being trafficked here, but the way they have dealt with all aspects of this for years is hopeless, sadly. And aside from the 500 Rohingya who may have drowned after allegedly being towed out to sea, there are probably hundreds more suffering untold misery all around the country.

Meanwhile, all Thaksin does is moan about the cost of having to live in expensive hotels because he's on the run from the law for a series of allegations that most people know have substance. You have to think, in the end, he is one very self-centred piece of trash, who could use a few years in a Rohingyan vessel to bring him down to a level where he's human again.

He could save a lot on his expenses by coming back and serving his prison sentence. Both the accommodation and food would be free.

I think your opinion is typical of a 'mob mentality'..... i would suggest you stop being jealous of this guy along with the rest of the mob, he did a great job for thailand.... this country was far better off under Thaksin,,,,,,,

He could save a lot on his expenses by coming back and serving his prison sentence. Both the accommodation and food would be free.

I think your opinion is typical of a 'mob mentality'..... i would suggest you stop being jealous of this guy along with the rest of the mob, he did a great job for thailand.... this country was far better off under Thaksin,,,,,,,

It doesn't matter how many times you are gonna post it in this thread, it doesn't make it any more true...

Your inability to locate a person or a person's name from a website of where he/she works, is not an evidence that the person does not exist.

I work for an MNC in Singapore with a few thousands employees worldwide. I can't find my name in my company website. I tell you I am fake. I do not exist. Are you happy now?

I am bored too. By you.

again?

no link at http://www.asahi.com/english/

him dont work for them as journalist...

im bored

dont show me research..

show the link to the news in that site of that journalist!

Edited by BODYholic

Your inability to locate a person or a person's name from a website of where he/she works, is not an evidence that the person does not exist.

I work for an MNC in Singapore with a few thousands employees worldwide. I can't find my name in my company website. I tell you I am fake. I do not exist. Are you happy now?

I am bored too. By you.

The premise that absence of proof is equivalent to proof of absence is central to the promotion of most conspiracy theories. The world wouldn't be half as much fun if we disallowed that line of reasoning.

Edited by OriginalPoster

gotta feel sorry for the guy, to be backstabbed and betrayed by so many people . reminds me of the war in iraq , it sounded good at the time and many people were exctited at the smell of blood but look at the mess down the road.

Gotta wonder why so many people closest to him turned against him. Chamlong, Sondhi, Sonthi, Newin, even his wife divorced him. What does that tell you about his character?

only that he once put trust in the wrong people. his biggest mistake was appointing general sondhi as the army chief. Has he not made this critical mistake, things may have ended up better for Thailand, who knows.

The premise that absence of proof is equivalent to proof of absence is central to the promotion of most conspiracy theories. The world wouldn't be half as much fun if we disallowed that line of reasoning.

I am not here to contest if the interview was genuine or otherwise. We will, then, give the conspiracy theory a break.

But his incapacity to find a (wrong) name in the internet is a proof of nothing. Period.

Cheers. :o

looking at the class as half full: Pojameon is now single and loaded. I've been shopping in Siam Paragon recently and eventually we will meet. I will be the shoulder for her to cry on, the wind beneath her wings, her sanitary towel because I know one day she'll replace my mother's buffalo.

I am not here to contest if the interview was genuine or otherwise. We will, then, give the conspiracy theory a break.

But his incapacity to find a (wrong) name in the internet is a proof of nothing. Period.

i show to you that also whit a b c d e f g...in that name you cannot find him(in that website or research linked him whit that website).

If THE NATION find this interview in the website is because must to be in the site....also in the research you can find story from 2004 about thaksin but not this.

They are the only one that can find thaksin they interview him and they don share or sel(for lot of money!) this interview.

I work for many company in Dubai and i stay 4 or 5 month there every year but ....5 stars in there you dont pay 500$ per night.

For last this journalist they said is one MANAGER of ashai company.........

PS: im not interessed in politics, i never be friend whit Mr.t and i dont care about him for nothings.

So:

I understand Taksin is the enemy for THAI PEOPLE, but i dont understand why is also one ENEMY for some farang...what him do to you(all politician do the same everywere in the world)?

Why do you hate him so much like him kill your family?

Share whit me about this so i can understand and i can hate him like you,

tanks

love and peace.

Edited by oceano

Typical Toxin, blaming everyone else but himself for the misfortunes. Everyone saying that Thailand was well under him must wake up. Go search for an article about Sanoh's interview (Toxin's ally) about Toxin and his Pokemon. Interesting read and quite right on the money I can assure you.

Typical Toxin, blaming everyone else but himself for the misfortunes. Everyone saying that Thailand was well under him must wake up. Go search for an article about Sanoh's interview (Toxin's ally) about Toxin and his Pokemon. Interesting read and quite right on the money I can assure you.

Sorry but for me thailand is the same like the first time i was here 20 yrs ago( now are 7 yrs i live here), i dont see, for us, the difference(only in bad ways for the visa).

I understand that the mind of this men is wrong for someone, i understand the money hin stolen ecc ecc but which politician if him can dont do that?

So ok for thai people was wrong but for us?

What change in our life in thailand which governament is in power?

I see the same things, the same stupid lies from the thaksin, from the soldiers from everybody had the power.

So why someone( of us) write like him kill their family and they want find him and kill him?

Edited by oceano

Asahi version of Thaksin's interview

The Nation UPDATED article - click for link

Yesterday we reported on the website and today in The Nation, an informal English translation of Thaksin Shinawatra's interview with Asahi Shimbun.

The translation, done by a Japanese follower of our website, contained some inaccuracies, according to the Japanese newspaper, which was kind enough to send us its own excerpts of the interview.

We regret inconvenience caused Thaksin and Asahi Shimbun by publication of the earlier translation. The following is the script as provided by Asahi Shimbun.

Q : What put you in this difficult situation? Was it because you sold Shin Corp shares? Or you did not pay tax for that?

A : I don't think so. Tax exempted by law on capital gain. Who will pay tax on capital gain in Thailand? That (selling shares) expedites process. But I have been arranged already that I am not loyal. Even though I am loyal.,they got the wrong assumption that I am not loyal to monarchy.

Q : About new government? How to achieve reconciliation?

A : Democrats manage themselves from minority to majority by helping hands of influential people, including juridical system, as expense of military and privy councilors. I would like to urge them to stop old behavior. Let military do their work, not involve in politic. They have a lot of things to do but they didn't do. They try to get involve in politic and also privy councilors do not get involve in politic as well even in behind.

Q : Will you continue to fight?

A : I will be 60 years old in July. I want to live peacefully. I want to see Thailand back to unity and reconciliation. The conflict can be ended only through negotiation but not one side. All parties concerned must be on the table. Otherwise. I have no other way to fight back on my reputation and prestige. Even I announced withdraw, people are still fighting because people think it's unfair. injustice Even I die ,they will fight on.

Q : Anti Thaksin figures?

A : Mr. Sondhi , manager group is just one puppet. I never consider him as my real enemy. The puppet of those who want to ousted me. Those who think that I am obstacle. He wanted to have his TV station but law didn't allow. I tried to accommodate him but the law said no. That why he started to attack me.

(Appointment of Gen Sondhi as Army chief) It is probably the biggest mistake in my life . Gen Anupong ? He is also another puppet.

Q : Have you ever regret to enter to politic ?

A : Yes. I still believe on Karma. Now I serve my last life Karma. I am losing money that all I have. It is not fair. If I can have Doraemon with me, I can be what u called Nobita. I won't be politician.

Come on......he translation, done by a Japanese follower of our website, contained some inaccuracies, according to the Japanese newspaper, which was kind enough to send us its own excerpts of the interview...according were????????????

They put in a national news paper a translation from a Japanese follower!!!!!!!!!!

some inaccuracies....some??

Also in japanise dont appire this news....not in their website.

now more than before....

no name, no link and no sign of this in

http://www.asahi.com/english/

Ok i understand....they work for the nation and dont put their news in their website......

i know i know....im wrong :o:D :D

Salut for me singapore moo ooan.

ciao

Edited by oceano

The translation, done by a Japanese follower of our website, contained some inaccuracies, according to the Japanese newspaper, which was kind enough to send us its own excerpts of the interview.

Oceano, you're still never wrong to question a news article. More people should imho. Note Jonathan Head had Jakrapob over the other night for another self-styled 'balcony interview'. Certainly neither has an axe to grind.... (all's fair in love, ratings and agendas in the press;) :o

Edited by baht&sold

Asahi Shimbun

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

朝日新聞

Asahi Shimbun

Type Daily newspaper

Format Broadsheet (40.6 x 54.6 cm)[1]

Owner Michiko Murayama, Shoichi Ueno

Publisher Kotaro Akiyama

Editor-in-Chief Yoichi Funabashi

Founded January 25, 1879

Language Japanese

Headquarters

Circulation 8.22 million (morning edition, 2005)[2]

Asahi Shimbun headquarters in Tokyo

Asahi Shimbun headquarters in Osaka

The Asahi Shimbun (朝日新聞 Asahi Shinbun?, IPA: [asaçi ɕimbɯɴ]) is the second most circulated out of the five national newspapers in Japan. Its circulation, which was 8.27 million for its morning edition and 3.85 million for its evening edition as of April 2004, was second behind that of Yomiuri Shimbun.

The newspaper has alliances with the International Herald Tribune, which is owned by the New York Times. Together, they publish International Herald Tribune/The Asahi Shimbun as their English edition, which has replaced Asahi's previous Asahi Evening News. Asahi also has a partnership with the People's Daily, (Chinese: 人民日报; pinyin: Rénmín Rìbào) which is the official newspaper of the Communist Party of China.

In 1994, after conducting a survey, Le Monde considered Asahi Shimbun one of the eight best daily newspapers in the world, along with The New York Times (United States), Financial Times (United Kingdom), Izvestia (Russia), People's Daily (China), Al Ahram (Egypt), El Espectador (Colombia), and Times of India.[3]

but this story is only in the nation.........

ok tomorrow will have a snow in thailand......

ciao

Asahi Shimbun

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

朝日新聞

Asahi Shimbun

Type Daily newspaper

Format Broadsheet (40.6 x 54.6 cm)[1]

Owner Michiko Murayama, Shoichi Ueno

Publisher Kotaro Akiyama

Editor-in-Chief Yoichi Funabashi

Founded January 25, 1879

Language Japanese

Headquarters

Circulation 8.22 million (morning edition, 2005)[2]

Asahi Shimbun headquarters in Tokyo

Asahi Shimbun headquarters in Osaka

The Asahi Shimbun (朝日新聞 Asahi Shinbun?, IPA: [asaçi ɕimbɯɴ]) is the second most circulated out of the five national newspapers in Japan. Its circulation, which was 8.27 million for its morning edition and 3.85 million for its evening edition as of April 2004, was second behind that of Yomiuri Shimbun.

The newspaper has alliances with the International Herald Tribune, which is owned by the New York Times. Together, they publish International Herald Tribune/The Asahi Shimbun as their English edition, which has replaced Asahi's previous Asahi Evening News. Asahi also has a partnership with the People's Daily, (Chinese: 人民日报; pinyin: Rénmín Rìbào) which is the official newspaper of the Communist Party of China.

In 1994, after conducting a survey, Le Monde considered Asahi Shimbun one of the eight best daily newspapers in the world, along with The New York Times (United States), Financial Times (United Kingdom), Izvestia (Russia), People's Daily (China), Al Ahram (Egypt), El Espectador (Colombia), and Times of India.[3]

but this story is only in the nation.........

ok tomorrow will have a snow in thailand......

ciao

Wut? no association with The Economist, BusinessWeek etc??? (perhaps a targeted piece;) :o

Edit/ C'mon J, see you lurkin, get in here already, you know more than most

Edited by baht&sold

Oceano boldly declared that the story was fake even before he knew the name of the paper or the journalist.

Now it's his word against the Nation's two articles with names and dates.

I think we are wastining time on his fantasies.

>>>

People who say that Thailand was better off under Thaksin forget that his last year in power was so bad that people welcomed a coup.

You can't live in 2003 forever.

Q : Will you continue to fight?

A : I will be 60 years old in July. I want to live peacefully. I want to see Thailand back to unity and reconciliation.

themoticon_SmileyBS.jpg

Even I die

:o

Q : Have you ever regret to enter to politic ?

A : Yes. I still believe on Karma. Now I serve my last life Karma. I am losing money that all I have. It is not fair.

:D:D:D

Edited by sriracha john

i show to you that also whit a b c d e f g...in that name you cannot find him(in that website or research linked him whit that website).

If THE NATION find this interview in the website is because must to be in the site....also in the research you can find story from 2004 about thaksin but not this.

Logical fallacies is what is feeding conspiracy theorists.

Ocean, it doesn't say that The Nation found the article on the website. On the contrary, it's rather implied it's from a printed magazine, due to the publication date given.

Just get a copy of that days date and you shall find out...

I understand Taksin is the enemy for THAI PEOPLE, but i dont understand why is also one ENEMY for some farang...what him do to you(all politician do the same everywere in the world)?

What is he to do with us ? Farangs living here would surely sometimes have been affected, by some of the changes under the two TRT-governments ? The social & economic changes, for good or bad, and changes to Immigration-policy, for example.

I do feel that his on-going campaign since the coup, in the international media, affects overseas perceptions of Thailand where I live.

Certainly the Thai members of my own extended-family here, were affected by him, so I would have an opinion about him. Not necessarily 'hate', more disgust at his frequent misuse of his public position, for personal gain, which feeling I also have for many other politicans elsewhere too. Not all politicians everywhere are corrupt or nepotistic, and even if they were, I hope that I would still condemn it !

Why do you hate him so much like him kill your family?

Oceano, you seem to be assuming, that none of the three thousand killed, in the War on Drugs, or the thousands of Thai citizens killed down South, had a farang relative-by-marriage ?

Share whit me about this so i can understand and i can hate him like you,

tanks

love and peace.

A : Even I announced withdraw, people are still fighting because people think it's unfair. injustice Even I die ,they will fight on.

Somehow Thaksin seems to have forgotten, that he has frequently announced his withdrawl from Thai politics, perhaps he has memory problems as he ages ? Personally I believe that, if he were to stop funding the fight & political-parties in Thailand, then only a few people might still fight-on over the unfairness & injustice of it all.

my comments in red above.