Buying Litre Or Larger Quantity Of Yogurt

vagabond48

Yesterday I bought a 1/2 litre container of plain (no sugar) Bulgarian yogurt from Rimping for 69 baht. I want to get back to eating a lot more yogurt.

Does anyone know if there is a place around CM that sells larger quantities like a litre or 2 but for a lot less. I know you can buy milk very cheap at the diary place across from the zoo so I am hoping there is a place, one can also buy good yogurt at a reasonable price.

I used to make yogurt without cooking the milk by using a culture given to me by a Japanese couple. I was able to make yogurt by simply putting some sample from the previous batch into a 900ml bottle of freshly bought cold milk and letting it stand for 1/2 to 1 day depending on the temperature and voila delicious thick pouring yogurt. :D I was able to do this for almost 4 months before the previous batch sample no longer produced yogurt. About 6 month has passed, I thought I would try to make it again but using plain (no sugar) yogurt and voila, spoiled milk. :o

So before I attempt making yogurt by using the slightly more complicated cooking method, I would prefer buying it.

Thanks

Edited by vagabond48

dude, i like live off of yoghurt... i buy the 0% fat stuff whenever i can...healthy healthy man when so much of the food here is fried

Yes but the op don't like small containers he likes it in one to two liter containers.He wants to be healthy,healthy and healthy man.

dude, i like live off of yoghurt... i buy the 0% fat stuff whenever i can...healthy healthy man when so much of the food here is fried

Medical Authorities warn that too much yoghurt can affect your ability to use punctuation and grammar in the correct manner.

I am interested in buying big containers of yogurt too! But like I just wrote in a new topic I post, I would like it with acidophilus culture in it. Have any of you seen it somewhere yet? My girlfriend buys yogurt from Kasem store that tastes real nice, but I don't know much about what is in the one from there. She thinks a local Thai lady makes it.

Medical Authorities warn that too much yoghurt can affect your ability to use punctuation and grammar in the correct manner.

they also warn that people who talk too much shit can end up hurt or worse!

Damian5000, are you worried that you may come to harm?

Are you sure you're not eating too much yoghurt? It can leave a poisonous residue of bile in the system which is difficult to get rid of.

Damian5000, are you worried that you may come to harm?

yea, i was talking about myself blinky...haha..you are a moron beyond repute.

Are you sure you're not eating too much yoghurt? It can leave a poisonous residue of bile in the system which is difficult to get rid of.

and here comes blinky's fag partner to the rescue...

Unlike the apparent opposite effects of a rather copiously consumed similar amount of "Old fashioned, home made ice cream" says I.

Yesterday I bought a 1/2 litre container of plain (no sugar) Bulgarian yogurt from Rimping for 69 baht. I want to get back to eating a lot more yogurt.

Does anyone know if there is a place around CM that sells larger quantities like a litre or 2 but for a lot less. I know you can buy milk very cheap at the diary place across from the zoo so I am hoping there is a place, one can also buy good yogurt at a reasonable price.

I used to make yogurt without cooking the milk by using a culture given to me by a Japanese couple. I was able to make yogurt by simply putting some sample from the previous batch into a 900ml bottle of freshly bought cold milk and letting it stand for 1/2 to 1 day depending on the temperature and voila delicious thick pouring yogurt. :D I was able to do this for almost 4 months before the previous batch sample no longer produced yogurt. About 6 month has passed, I thought I would try to make it again but using plain (no sugar) yogurt and voila, spoiled milk. :o

So before I attempt making yogurt by using the slightly more complicated cooking method, I would prefer buying it.

Thanks

My g/f makes 5 litres of yogurt all the time using natural plain yogurt for the culture. I don't know exactly how she does it, but it stands more like 2 1/2 days (in the cold season) before it is ready.

My g/f makes 5 litres of yogurt all the time using natural plain yogurt for the culture. I don't know exactly how she does it, but it stands more like 2 1/2 days (in the cold season) before it is ready.

I would appreciate it if you could find out how she does it.

Thanks

Well, I finally bit the bullet and cooked up my 1st batch of yogurt.

Didn't need a thermometer, clay pot etc.

I just have one aluminum pot and gently brought 1 litre of milk to boil for about 5 minutes.

I let it cool down to warm to the touch and stirred in 2 tablespoons of yogurt.

I wrapped the pot in several towels overnight for approx. 7 hours.

It turned out quite creamy and tested similar to the yogurt I made from Japanese culture almost 9 months ago.

Next I'll make it in 2 litre batches.