Financial Crisis

In other news.

One in five banks in the Eurozone would be unable to survive another major economic crisis, and some institutions could be shut down if their finances do not improve.

A detailed report by the European Central Bank has revealed that 25 banks are in poor financial health - and that 13 of those desperately need to strengthen their buffers against losses.

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• midas

• Naam

• flying

• 12DrinkMore

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

..... Or bababaaaaam

Conspiracy and imaginations......

Power struggle at the top etc

At least this guy didn't top himself with a nail gun...

JPM and Deutsche Bank are into the Libor / Forex / Metals price-fixing scheme up to their eye balls and they are removing those that can testify against them... Not sure why they are going to the trouble as it is obvious that the regulators are owned by the banksters...

..... Or bababaaaaam

Conspiracy and imaginations......

Power struggle at the top etc

At least this guy didn't top himself with a nail gun...

JPM and Deutsche Bank are into the Libor / Forex / Metals price-fixing scheme up to their eye balls and they are removing those that can testify against them... Not sure why they are going to the trouble as it is obvious that the regulators are owned by the banksters...

Better safe than sorry

The American state seems to be after the European banks pound of flesh/ massive fines and settlements.

In other news.

One in five banks in the Eurozone would be unable to survive another major economic crisis, and some institutions could be shut down if their finances do not improve.

A detailed report by the European Central Bank has revealed that 25 banks are in poor financial health - and that 13 of those desperately need to strengthen their buffers against losses.

post-35218-0-13772700-1414379398_thumb.j

A picture's better than a thousand yak-yak-yaks!

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

that just 10% of 130 tested banks failed the test is not in line with the usual "the sky is falling!"

other financial crisis news from Pattaya/Jomtien:

-2 noodle soup vendors increased their prices by 5 Baht,

-1 som tam lady reduced the portions,

-jet ski cheats reduce their blackmailing amounts by 12.25%,

-working girls wait impatiently for high season tourist arrivals.

If you believe in such tests.

Credit agencies were giving out AAAs before all went tits up last time.

which credit agencies were giving AAAs to which bank and when? since years, even before "Lehman" there were only two banks worldwide with a triple A rating.

please have mercy honourable Sir and keep the boring as well as amateurish bla-bla to yourself! coffee1.gif

journalist " My question would be on how credible these tests are.thumbsup.gif Looking at the adverse scenario, you haven't even included deflation. You have not included an interruption in gas imports to Europe. You have not included full-on sanctions on Russia. So please elaborate and convince us."

ECB's Constancio: "The scenario of deflation is not there because indeed we don't consider that deflation is going to happen ".cheesy.gif

https://www.ecb.europa.eu/press/pressconf/2014/html/is141026.en.html

Edited by midas

the quote-unquote Stress Test, and especially its adverse scenario, is precisely there to "assume" everything that you don't consider is going to happen.how do you rebuild confidence in a system in which the market is telling you deflation is the most likely outcome, and yet you fail to even model for it because you want to rebuild credibility, however by only modeling what you, and not the market, "consider will happen"!?crazy.gif

the quote-unquote Stress Test, and especially its adverse scenario, is precisely there to "assume" everything that you don't consider is going to happen.how do you rebuild confidence in a system in which the market is telling you deflation is the most likely outcome, and yet you fail to even model for it because you want to rebuild credibility, however by only modeling what you, and not the market, "consider will happen"!?crazy.gif

the gloom&doomers cry out loudly when there is perceived inflation and do the same when there is deflation coffee1.gif

journalist " My question would be on how credible these tests are.thumbsup.gif Looking at the adverse scenario, you haven't even included deflation. You have not included an interruption in gas imports to Europe. You have not included full-on sanctions on Russia. So please elaborate and convince us."

ECB's Constancio: "The scenario of deflation is not there because indeed we don't consider that deflation is going to happen ".cheesy.gif

https://www.ecb.europa.eu/press/pressconf/2014/html/is141026.en.html

also not included in the test of a big meteor hitting earth and a possible invasion of aliens enslaving earth's population.

The end of the “taper” is upon us like the night of the hunter, conveniently just a week before the US election.ohmy.png

Oh, that sound you hear this morning is the distant roar of European equity markets puking after the latest round of phony bank “stress tests” — another exercise in pretend by financial authorities who understand, at least, the bottomless credulity of the news media and the complete mystification of the general public in monetary matters.giggle.gif I rather expect that roar to grow Niagara-like as US markets catch the urge to upchuck violently. Problem is, unlike Ebola victims, they can’t be quarantined.

http://kunstler.com/clusterfuck-nation/tapering-exiting-or-just-punting/

Edited by midas

the gloom&doomers cry out loudly when there is perceived inflation and do the same when there is deflation coffee1.gif

oh no ! no crying here....................well only from laughtercheesy.gif

head of Japan's Central Bank kept a straight face while unleashing a torrent of comedic genius this evening with regard the Japanese economy and its monetary and fiscal policy success...

*KURODA: EXPECT JAPAN TO CONTINUE MODERATE RECOVERYw00t.gif

post-6925-0-66795000-1414469626_thumb.jp

post-6925-0-69428800-1414469641_thumb.jp

post-6925-0-27347200-1414469659_thumb.jp

Edited by midas

PURGATORY:

A constant stream of cut and paste from websites run by depressives selling newsletters.

Can't you just tell us to the sources so we can cut out the middle man when we want to experience selection bias cubed and feel like ending it all?

Edited by cheeryble

PURGATORY:

A constant stream of cut and paste from websites run by depressives selling newsletters.

Can't you just tell us to the sources so we can cut out the middle man when we want to experience selection bias cubed and feel like ending it all?

but you have to admit that this "Japanese moderate discovery" is quite scary for us expats living in Thailand w00t.gif

and so is the London property market, the stresstest failure of a bank in Cyprus, the Thai "rice scheme", the ladyboys in Pattaya between 0200 and 0400 hours when people like you and me take leisure walks at Beach Road... saai.gif

PURGATORY:

but you just said recently in post 15490

A picture's better than a thousand yak-yak-yaks!

And I've given you 3giggle.gif

oh no ! no crying here....................well only from laughter:cheesy:

how much money did you make that you are laughing? huh.png

I am loving it:

Support for UKIP has hit a new high according to a new survey carried out in the wake of the £1.7bn EU surcharge demand.

The ComRes poll, carried out for The Independent newspaper, showed support for the Labour Party has fallen by five points to 30% since last month - its lowest rating under leader Ed Miliband.

The Conservatives were up one percentage point, also putting them at 30%.

But UKIP has climbed four points to 19%, beating their highest previous rating - achieved in June - by 1%.

-- I bet the EU parasites thought that by being hard ball it would damage the right by splitting the vote and do a friendly labour would get in next year; but ahhhaa here we are seeing the true result is to piss off the working class labour voters too; driving them away from labour and on to the UK Independence Party supporters list!

There is hope :)

PURGATORY:

but you have to admit that this "Japanese moderate discovery" is quite scary for us expats living in Thailand w00t.gif

and so is the London property market, the stresstest failure of a bank in Cyprus, the Thai "rice scheme", the ladyboys in Pattaya between 0200 and 0400 hours when people like you and me take leisure walks at Beach Road... saai.gif

Hey, speaking of Rice:

post-25601-0-05654400-1414494882_thumb.p

PURGATORY:

Hey, speaking of Rice:

attachicon.gifBooyah.png

there must be something wrong with that chart (most probably forged).

reason: a well known eggsburt and contributor of this forum recommended rice fields at least a dozen times in context with wealth preservation.

If you are talking about me your eggsellency heerrrrr Naam

I point out I have been talking about sustainable farming (in Thailand or else where) as an alternative/ back up for family survival in a worse case senario of total economic collapse. Paper or digits accumulation has nothing to do with it.

Except that in Thailand in certain locations I think over a long term there are good capital appreciation chances; since farm land/ orchard/ Chanort land can also be development land- so beach side or in other desirable growth areas.

Indeed such areas can realise a shorter term gain too if play it right.

reason: a well known eggsburt and contributor of this forum recommended rice fields at least a dozen times in context with wealth preservation.

Must be fair.

Price of rice (and gold) may have tanked but Eggspurt may plan to give ADDED VALUE by exporting rice PUDDING.

Rice may have tanked after my clarion call: "eat rice only in emergency, it's bland as hell, spuds much finer" (that's kartoffeln)

(Question to self: Why Thais no รีค rice pud?.....nothing they could ever make out of rice could compare with my Mum's puds?)

Edited by cheeryble

If you are talking about me your eggsellency heerrrrr Naam

I point out I have been talking about sustainable farming (in Thailand or else where) as an alternative/ back up for family survival in a worse case senario of total economic collapse. Paper or digits accumulation has nothing to do with it.

Except that in Thailand in certain locations I think over a long term there are good capital appreciation chances; since farm land/ orchard/ Chanort land can also be development land- so beach side or in other desirable growth areas.

Indeed such areas can realise a shorter term gain too if play it right.

i am not talking about you but about a gentleman who repeatedly suggested rice fields which... he can't own.

Must be fair.

Price of rice (and gold) may have tanked but Eggspurt may plan to give ADDED VALUE by exporting rice PUDDING.

Rice may have tanked after my clarion call: "eat rice only in emergency, it's bland as hell, spuds much finer" (that's kartoffeln)

(Question to self: Why Thais no รีค rice pud?.....nothing they could ever make out of rice could compare with my Mum's puds?)

question: who prefers any rice over the real thing which is Indian (preferably Punjabi or Kashmiri) Basmati?

I prefer the Thai rice to Indian personally.

The red and purple stuff

Also the sticky verity in darker shade. Organic

Can feel the goodness absorbing in to the body. Fortification on cellular level.

Another level to any the white stuff

A surprisingly small number of migrants actually, end up in the UK """apparrently""" . Eurostat figures show that Britains 600 asylum seekers per week in 2013 was meager in comparison to Swedens 1,000, Germanys 2,400 and Frances 1,500.

Still a lot of people.

Sustainable?

I wonder when the argument will change from anti immigrant (immigrants with skills and cash/ investment being good for a countries economy) and instead anti asylum seekers and illegal immigrants who have what effect?