Financial Crisis

what happened to the "peak oil" and "crude $200/barrel" gloom&doomers? huh.png

Never mind that. I'm more concerned about how far the West will try to go to break the will of Putin.ph34r.png

If Gorbacheov is to be believed, Putin is the new Kruscheov

He's going to bang the UN table with his shoe?

Nothing would surprise me with Putin.... ;)

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• midas

• Naam

• flying

• 12DrinkMore

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Never mind that. I'm more concerned about how far the West will try to go to break the will of Putin.ph34r.png

it was Nikita Khrushchev who gave away the Crimea as a present to the Ukraine in 1954 during Soviet times.

all what Putin initially wanted is to secure the port of Sevastopol on Crimea for the Russian Black Sea fleet. something Washington thought could be taken away from Russia but... no way!

it was Nikita Khrushchev who gave away the Crimea as a present to the Ukraine in 1954 during Soviet times.

all what Putin initially wanted is to secure the port of Sevastopol on Crimea for the Russian Black Sea fleet. something Washington thought could be taken away from Russia but... no way!

Very true - and now he's trying to secure land access through East Ukraine. Somewhere else I was reading of his focus on rebuilding Russia to it's former greatness. All very sad really since the days when the wall came down and Russia really had a chance to "join" the rest of the world, but anyone who's worked with Russians will know that they are not like westerners. Same same, but different wink.png Another cultural/national divide to add sad.png

David Cameron warns that second global crash is looming

PM says ‘red warning lights are flashing’ against a backdrop of instability and uncertainty, as G20 summit draws to a close

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/nov/16/david-cameron-third-eurozone-recession-g20-warning

Cameron reads Midas and Mccw tongue.png

I was going to read the quote but then realized it was in the Guardian ,which i wouldnt even use as toilet paper,left wing rag.bah.gif .

PM says ‘red warning lights are flashing’ against a backdrop of instability and uncertainty, as G20 summit draws to a close

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/nov/16/david-cameron-third-eurozone-recession-g20-warning

Zerohedge and the Marc Faber newsletter actually giggle.gif

Talking of trouble.

Recession hits Japan.

While the power haus Germany scraped the boarder line.

Most of the auto zone is still mired in the sticky stuff. Who's left to prop it up when Germany slides? That'll likely be the turning point of market sentiment I think.

Zerohedge and the Marc Faber newsletter actually giggle.gif

loser Cameron reads loser Faber saai.gif

Talking of trouble.

Recession hits Japan.

While the power haus Germany scraped the boarder line.

Most of the auto zone is still mired in the sticky stuff. Who's left to prop it up when Germany slides? That'll likely be the turning point of market sentiment I think.

ze Tcherman retirees in ze Land off Smile vill tchump in vhen zey deem it necessary to answer ze kall of ze Vaterland. as simple as zat!

thumbsup.gif

soup price went up while tablets and cellphones prices are down.

please don't say cost of life has increased when you can travel with air Asia for 600 to 1200 bahts across Thailand.

get the numbers right! it seems that little things cost more but in the reality many things are much much cheaper today.

Edited by Digitalnomade

soup price went up while tablets and cellphones prices are down.

please don't say cost of life has increased when you can travel with air Asia for 600 to 1200 bahts across Thailand.

get the numbers right! it seems that little things cost more but in the reality many things are much much cheaper today.

Right, because you fly across Thailand a whole lot more than you go grocery shopping, right ? The 'little things' you mention include food and accommodation - the basics that we all need to survive in Thailand - and you're telling folks they should be happy because they can fly to Udon Thani for a pittance ? I dont have to count every baht, and God knows I've blown plenty since I arrived in Pattaya, but you're off with the fairies on this one.

not totally true but I look at the other hand too, if you buy a laptop, you pay now 17000 bahts, years ago it costed over 30000, you saved 13000 bahts, which is 4 months rent for a single room.

same for flat screen TV and else.

I mentioned air Asia as an example, before I was paying 3000 bahts for a local flight in Thailand, since air Asia came, prices are 1/3 now . I m sure, you guys, can find many things now cheaper.

another example are the easy hotels, air B&B, and Uber....

Edited by Digitalnomade

Digital nomad ; your missing the point that the "little things" are the main and most important for the working poor/ less well off; the rise in these things makes people have a harder life. It's the essentials.

Travel and laptops are not essential. If your buying this stuff your rich already basically. One more or one less air trip isn't exactly leading to any much negative effects for ones life is it. But if 60% of all budget is essentials and it rises to 80% it's a big deal.

In countries like Egypt; when the bread price doubled then there are riots on the street because it pushes peoples food cost over their incomes. In the UK bread doubles and it's not such a big deal.

So the essentials inflation is proportional in seriousness to a countries general income level. Thailand is in the middle somewhere. The people can deal with some inflation, but it's felt a lot more for most than it is by Joe Falang digital nomad obviously.

This is why government statistics are such a load of baloney over the world by mixing discretionary good and services with essentials- in the USA they even purposely leave out the most essential items.

Digital nomad ; your missing the point that the "little things" are the main and most important for the working poor/ less well off; the rise in these things makes people have a harder life. It's the essentials.

Travel and laptops are not essential. If your buying this stuff your rich already basically. One more or one less air trip isn't exactly leading to any much negative effects for ones life is it. But if 60% of all budget is essentials and it rises to 80% it's a big deal.

In countries like Egypt; when the bread price doubled then there are riots on the street because it pushes peoples food cost over their incomes. In the UK bread doubles and it's not such a big deal.

So the essentials inflation is proportional in seriousness to a countries general income level. Thailand is in the middle somewhere. The people can deal with some inflation, but it's felt a lot more for most than it is by Joe Falang digital nomad obviously.

This is why government statistics are such a load of baloney over the world by mixing discretionary good and services with essentials- in the USA they even purposely leave out the most essential items.

Couldn't agree more. The success of any economy should be measured by the living standards of the most vulnerable.

Couldn't agree more. The success of any economy should be measured by the living standards of the most vulnerable.

That's a populist moveable feast if ever there was one. On the other hand always entertaining to read the Thailand world travelers who wish to share with us their social media observations that travel and laptops are not essential. Right on!

not totally true but I look at the other hand too, if you buy a laptop, you pay now 17000 bahts, years ago it costed over 30000, you saved 13000 bahts, which is 4 months rent for a single room.

same for flat screen TV and else.

I mentioned air Asia as an example, before I was paying 3000 bahts for a local flight in Thailand, since air Asia came, prices are 1/3 now . I m sure, you guys, can find many things now cheaper.

another example are the easy hotels, air B&B, and Uber....

Can't eat the laptop, even if it is called an Apple!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dmhF1rqaZk

That's a populist moveable feast if ever there was one. On the other hand always entertaining to read the Thailand world travelers who wish to share with us their social media observations that travel and laptops are not essential. Right on!

Weren't you featured on the cover Fortune 500?

Or was it Readers Wives?

Weren't you featured on the cover Fortune 500?

Or was it Readers Wives?

Oooooh! You are awful.

exactly !

"We are investing in a paperless society where everyone in the world is becoming either a banker, a fund manager, or a hairdresser - it's all about services. A non-productive society reigns supreme in most developed countries."

https://www.tradingfloor.com/posts/jakobsen-market-correction-will-be-deeper-and-deeper-in-2015-2559139

exactly !

"We are investing in a paperless society where everyone in the world is becoming either a banker, a fund manager, or a hairdresser - it's all about services. A non-productive society reigns supreme in most developed countries."

https://www.tradingfloor.com/posts/jakobsen-market-correction-will-be-deeper-and-deeper-in-2015-2559139

So, got any hairdressing tips?