Financial Crisis

Loving it

Labour collapsing

There is hope

""

Labour is set to lose almost all of its Scottish MPs in the next general election, a new poll has revealed, as the Scottish Labour deputy leader says he is quitting.

The Ipsos Mori poll for STV found Labour would retain only four of its current 40 seats north of the border if a Westminster election was held today.

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• midas

• Naam

• flying

• 12DrinkMore

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Given that we're almost through 2014, I guess we have to wait for 2015 for the end of the world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Le73sWDlhz4

10 years ago, Rickards would have been completely dismissed as a crackpot, but he isnt the only commentator happy to point to the cracks in the US government's financial management - I dont pretend to have the IQ to argue with these guys, I just dont want to be here for any part of a 30-year worldwide depression. I get that the guy has a book to flog, but he sounds a lot more credible than some of his peers in the doomsayer community - happy to hear that his figures are rubbery.

The German Chancellor Angela Merkel is reported to have made clear she will "withdraw her support for Britain's continued EU" membership if David Cameron insists on pushing through curbs on immigration.

Der Spiegel quoted government sources saying Mrs Merkel fears the UK is approaching "the point of no return".

So - they will kick UK out will they?

Obviously they are already ruling out key areas that are target for reform; so clear no reform possible- so best to just get it over with and withdraw ourselves- negotiate a withdrawal rather than a reform. Free trade agreement; to replace the old treatise.

The German Chancellor Angela Merkel is reported to have made clear she will "withdraw her support for Britain's continued EU" membership if David Cameron insists on pushing through curbs on immigration.

Der Spiegel quoted government sources saying Mrs Merkel fears the UK is approaching "the point of no return".

So - they will kick UK out will they?

Obviously they are already ruling out key areas that are target for reform; so clear no reform possible- so best to just get it over with and withdraw ourselves- negotiate a withdrawal rather than a reform. Free trade agreement; to replace the old treatise.

no EU member state can be kicked out, neither by Merkel nor by an overwhelming majority vote. it is up to the Brits to decide whether to stay or leave.

note: in my [not so] humble view a break-up would be a disaster for both the EUnion and the U.K.

The crude price tumbled well below $80 per barrel, settling at around $77.13 per barrel right now (12.25 p.m. GMT).. How's the shale oil calculations going to be working out if this goes on much longer?

Who cares. It's a great boon for the global economy. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Left wing pro EU propaganda evident in the UK headlines today. The day after most Brits were swearing at merkel after her comments a day before.

:: The Guardian

European migrants to the UK are not a drain on Britain's finances and pay out far more in taxes than they receive in state benefits.

:: The Independent

Highly skilled migrant workers from the EU have provided a £20bn boost to Britain's finances over a decade.

:: The Daily Telegraph

Immigrants from outside Europe cost the public purse nearly £120bn over 17 years.

In chess they have a term called Zugzwang; a situation in which no matter what move you make you will be worse off than you are currently. I believe we may be in a Zugzwang now.

the Fed has effectively robbed the retired class of any hope for having enough of a nest egg to live off through the end of their lives if they want to retire at 65.

http://www.firstrebuttal.com/2014/10/03/interest-rates-cannot-rise-and-heres-why/

In chess they have a term called Zugzwang; a situation in which no matter what move you make you will be worse off than you are currently. I believe we may be in a Zugzwang now.

the Fed has effectively robbed the retired class of any hope for having enough of a nest egg to live off through the end of their lives if they want to retire at 65.

http://www.firstrebuttal.com/2014/10/03/interest-rates-cannot-rise-and-heres-why/

In chess they have a term called Zugzwang; a situation in which no matter what move you make you will be worse off than you are currently.

basically a wrong definition of the German word "Zugzwang" but used as quoted above only when it concerns "chess".

I hear a lot of complaints about Thailand roads; but maybe those people haven't been back west for a while:

RAC UK said:

"Back in the mid-1980s, local road surfaces were being repaired and replaced once every 12 years or so. Today, the rate is once every 25 years. Spending on roads has fallen by almost a quarter in real terms over the past five years."

Britain's "pothole epidemic" is getting worse, according to a new report – with poor road surfaces damaging thousands of cars each week.

Councils have seen compensation claims for pothole damage rise by 23%, with more than £5m paid out to disgruntled motorists in the past two financial years.

The problem has been exacerbated by last winter's heavy flooding, and a road repairs backlog worth £12bn. Many local authorities have had to use their transport budgets for other commitments, such as social care.

Proof that the last financial crises is actually on going and the cracks were / are just papered over by monetary policy boosting the stock market and bonds.

"Councils used the transport budgets to pay for services duch as social care instead" - clearly there are serious systemic issues that are not being addressed/ just the beginning of the breaking down trend.

Other news reports 30 NHS trusts were bailed out last year with half a billion £ of emergency cash.

Doom is coming I tell yee. Prepare

;)

Britain's "pothole epidemic" is getting worse, according to a new report – with poor road surfaces damaging thousands of cars each week...

...which might cause the next global financial crisis? huh.png

In chess they have a term called Zugzwang; a situation in which no matter what move you make you will be worse off than you are currently.

basically a wrong definition of the German word "Zugzwang" but used as quoted above only when it concerns "chess".

I doubt if he plays chess. Seems to live in a world of snakes and ladders.

I think short term manipulation to pressure Russia over Ukraine.

If it continues long then much of US shale will not be profitable. Mid to long term prices must go higher and maybe even higher than otherwise in a squeeze situation where many production taken of line and then take a time to get going again. Benefit also this wheeze to shake out the leveraged new players and let the majors sweep up discounted assets that became unprofitable today / next year or so , which will be the life blood of the future.

No?

That or big players are betting ahead of time that global economy is about to tank / massive falls in demand ahead shortly and so the big inside money getting out now.

Could be all of the above. String pullers doing what they do.

I gave up on logic and reason in regards to financial markets. It's all a rigged game.

Can someone tell me why the oil price is in near collapse please?

as always it depends on the period you look at and your definition of "collapse".

if you look at the last 1 year the collapse is -$18/barrel = minus 19%

if you look at the last 5 years the collapse is -$0.76/barrel = minus 0.99%

if you look at the last 15 years the "collapse" is +$59/barrel = plus 347%

mccw

I gave up on logic and reason in regards to financial markets. It's all a rigged game.

to each his own. i am quite satisfied with the "rigged game". of course i can't participate in the game but collect happily the crumbs falling from the tables of the gamers wink.png

Can someone tell me why the oil price is in near collapse please?

as always it depends on the period you look at and your definition of "collapse".

if you look at the last 1 year the collapse is -$18/barrel = minus 19%

if you look at the last 5 years the collapse is -$0.76/barrel = minus 0.99%

if you look at the last 15 years the "collapse" is +$59/barrel = plus 347%

And what currency you're paying in. Nice for $USD holders, not as much so for other currency holders.

what happened to the "peak oil" and "crude $200/barrel" gloom&doomers? huh.png

Never mind that. I'm more concerned about how far the West will try to go to break the will of Putin.ph34r.png

i hope the West twists the screws much more not realising that they are screwing themselves, respectively the West's citizens and especially the taxpayers.

the reason why i am hoping for more is that all Russian assets on my purchase list are (in my view) still too expensive.

Never mind that. I'm more concerned about how far the West will try to go to break the will of Putin.ph34r.png

If Gorbacheov is to be believed, Putin is the new Kruscheov

If Gorbacheov is to be believed, Putin is the new Kruscheov

He's going to bang the UN table with his shoe?