Financial Crisis

The woeful economic signals started a safe-haven rally in US Treasuries while a sharp fall in the dollar lent modest support to oil prices, though Brent crude still shed 1.1% to $82.72-a-barrel as weak demand continued to dominate pricing.

"A flight to Safe havens" yet a sharp decline in the dollar??? Hmm

Countered by some not so woeful figures on Friday and a bounce in oil. Carry on.

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• midas

• Naam

• flying

• 12DrinkMore

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just a big - ish dip on a day where other safe havens rallied.

I am not disputing the recent dollar strengthening.

Was interested to see if anyone called a divergence in the view of safe havens.

Ie maybe coz Ebola in USA spreading so a move out of short term cash and in to longer term securities for example. Maybe just a natural drop after the recent run/ profit taking. Just the day occurred was on a big bull day for other safe havens struck me as a bit unusual timing + the steepness and size.

Ebola in US spreading? What?

Do u not read the news?

Just a big - ish dip on a day where other safe havens rallied.

I am not disputing the recent dollar strengthening.

Was interested to see if anyone called a divergence in the view of safe havens.

Ie maybe coz Ebola in USA spreading so a move out of short term cash and in to longer term securities for example. Maybe just a natural drop after the recent run/ profit taking. Just the day occurred was on a big bull day for other safe havens struck me as a bit unusual timing + the steepness and size.

Ebola in US spreading? What?

Do u not read the news?

the statistics are horrible! in the U.S. of A. already 8 (eight) confirmed Ebola cases out of a population of 319,000,000 w00t.gif

one twelfth of a dozen dead sick.gif

conclusion: steep fall or steep strengthening of the USD inevitable whistling.gif

Ebola started off with only a few cases. Now in thousands; with UN Security Council warning of new infections running at 10k + per week unless brought under control now; with its spread going global.

USA and Spain can't even contain it under high security and isolation when treating just a sole patient. How would they manage if dozens or more started coming down with it? USA is sending 4000 troops to tackle it in Africa - how many will contract it; will they all be flown home to be treated and risk further outbreaks? Looks like a good way to make the disease spread more than anything.

Crazy flights are still allowed out of these infected countries.

How about Islamists turning themselves in to chemical weapons and intentionally spreading it to the west? Or intentionally spreading it to the boat loads of refugees crossing to Europe who can spread it for them? The region is like a free biological weapons factory with no security!

Many nations have gone through periods in the past where they've had very high levels of government debt. They've got to get the money one way or another and there are four traditional ways of dealing with that.

austerity, defaulting on government debts, rapidly destroying the value of currency and a fourth way- financial repression

Dan Amerman: Will Our Private Savings Be Sacrificed To Pay Down The Public Debt?

http://www.peakprosperity.com/podcast/88132/dan-amerman-will-our-private-savings-sacrificed-pay-down-public-debt

Greece’s Homeless: Jobless parents, two kids, one cat live in a car.

With both parents without a job and all savings already spent, the family of four has been living in the uncomfortable environment of an old car for the last two weeks. They were evicted from the home they were renting due to a mountain of outstanding debts to the landlord and utility companies.

“We had our decent home, our cooked food, we offered our kids what they needed. I could never think that I will end up like that at my 49. We knew that times are tough, but never thought that we will end up on the street,” Maria said.

http://www.keeptalkinggreece.com/2014/10/20/greeces-homeless-jobless-parents-two-kids-one-cat-live-in-a-car/

The CEO of total just been killed in an unusual air accident. Some how a snow clearing truck got in the path of the plane during take off.

This CEO famously is/ did not toe the western / USA commands of curtailing business with Russia.

Undoubtedly the driver of the snow truck was a CIA operative who simply didn't foresee that when a jet plane hit him at 200mph he'd end up with his body in fifteen bits and burned to a crisp.

The story about the snowplough driver being drunk is obviously nonsense as people in Russia don't drink.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

Edited by cheeryble

the alleged snowplough was clearly an alien spaceship sent to cause a financial crisis. but the Russians want to keep that secret from mccw and Midas... which is understandable.

oh too late i know about this - its gone back to the mother shipph34r.png

http://en.ria.ru/world/20141020/194338288/Sweden-Seals-Off-Channel-Closes-Airspace-Amid-Search-For-Alleged.html

Ah yes ; because the Russians like a big drink it's easy set up to put a blind drunk on the truck and remote control it in to the path of the plane.

Nobody can know apart from those directly involved.

But what we can look at is if the oil CEOs investment plans change or not after this.

OFCOurse there is a big pressure on both sides; the powerful investors in the companies who do not want to loose money by pulling out.

Nasty position to be in; rock and a hard place ; or more like a tiger and a dragon....

Ah yes ; because the Russians like a big drink it's easy set up to put a blind drunk on the truck and remote control it in to the path of the plane.

Same remote control used to demolish the world trade centre!

No doubt has printed in mason's code on the casing....."Take this Frenchie it'll teach you to not toe the line on Iraq"

Cheers Mossad

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

Edited by cheeryble

Nobody can know apart from those directly involved.

But what we can look at is if the oil CEOs investment plans change or not after this.

OFCOurse there is a big pressure on both sides; the powerful investors in the companies who do not want to loose money by pulling out.

Nasty position to be in; rock and a hard place ; or more like a tiger and a dragon....

To those that really pull the financial strings this guy's words were probably as provocative as the words of John F. Kennedy regarding the Fed

De Margerie’s death removes from the scene a businessman who rarely shied away from geopolitical debates and became one of Russia’s most outspoken allies in its efforts to avoid economic quarantine, willing to say what others only dared think.ph34r.png

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-10-21/russia-loses-oil-ally-in-de-margerie-after-moscow-crash.html

Edited by midas

Britain isn’t working, it’s borrowing

Government borrowing 10% higher than last year
Government spending pushed borrowing last month to £11.8bn, £1.6bn higher than September 2013 and £1bn higher than City forecasts
“Britain borrowed more and so GDP rose, but it was just debt backing illusory house price gains and not wealth creating jobs or manufacturing.”
Edited by midas

Talking about an NHS report claiming a current 30bl pound funding short fall (per year) and asking for 8bl immediate increases per year to "save the NHS from collapse". But warning a shift would take place from disease treatment to prevention (bit ambiguous) and many services and treatments ceasing to exist (so basically scrapping much of the diseases or treatments covered currently it looks like.

Health Secretary Jeremy Hunt told Sky News there was "massive pressure" on frontline services.

He said:

"We have nearly a million more over-65s than we had four years ago and doctors and nurses are working really hard," he said.

So there you have it guys. Doom and gloom. This demographic wave is just in the early stages. How can such go on a decade or more from now?

Printy printy

Cut cut cut

In other UK news

Tesco had bit of an oopsy-daisies in accounting - 92% of it's reported profit / 260 + million pounds over declared

Loyds bank is cutting 9000 jobs

Home base is closing up to a third of it's stores.

Fox & sons are reporting a big drop in earnings. (Sign of falling upper end property market)

These are big names and show quite a rounded / multi economic area slow down or other wise trouble/ unhealthy mess no?

Stock markets are going a bit haywire but still not far off record highs.

Any one think we could be on the cusp of a bigger "correction" ?

I worry as much about 2030 as I worry about the sun never rising again.

Why do you mention 2030?

I said 30bl pounds NHS funding short fall; that's a hole in the budget every year from now until 2020 after which the shortfall will presumably be even bigger since the elders demographic is expanding the extra million now are getting statically sicker and more expensive to look after.

Oct. 24 (Bloomberg) -- China pushed ahead with the creation of its proposed $50 billion Asia regional bank by signing a memorandum on Friday with 21 countries, which didn't include South Korea, Australia and Indonesia.

""""

USA specifically asked all regional allied countries not to participate apparently.

In other UK news

Tesco had bit of an oopsy-daisies in accounting - 92% of it's reported profit / 260 + million pounds over declared

Loyds bank is cutting 9000 jobs

Home base is closing up to a third of it's stores.

Fox & sons are reporting a big drop in earnings. (Sign of falling upper end property market)

These are big names and show quite a rounded / multi economic area slow down or other wise trouble/ unhealthy mess no?

Stock markets are going a bit haywire but still not far off record highs.

Any one think we could be on the cusp of a bigger "correction" ?

Only if and when I am unable to buy my socks and underwear from M&S will I know that a Perfect Storm is about to hit.

Oct. 24 (Bloomberg) -- China pushed ahead with the creation of its proposed $50 billion Asia regional bank by signing a memorandum on Friday with 21 countries, which didn't include South Korea, Australia and Indonesia.

""""

USA specifically asked all regional allied countries not to participate apparently.

based on the latest CIA publications... apparently... whistling.gif

I said "apparently" because it's just what media reporting. And media reports all sorts of ...............

But it's symptoms of the shifting power all the same.

Also I'd say good for the long term outlook of this region.

oh dear the cracks are appearing giggle.gif next they will be making

him an offer he cant refuse

Cameron: UK won't pay £1.7bn EU bill

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-29754168

And he still reckons he can negotiate a better deal for UK?

Seems pretty clear the EU central command is sticking 2 fingers up to him before it's even begun negotiating. Consistently warning about benefit rights, "human rights" like prisoner voting rights and anti deportations of foreign criminals etc. the euro phones want to bend Britain over , not negotiate.

Cameron should state that the EU are not open to negotiations or even civility and call a snap referendum pre election- or on the same day as the general election maybe.

Can but dream.