Harley Davidson Expertise Please

Sao Jiang Mai

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just was wondering whether it is the norm to assemble Harleys with totally original parts or is it that sometimes some parts are original, others not...

Absolutely normal no Harley rider would put NON original parts on his bike

a co.mpany called "screamin eagel" make parts for hd ,but only high preformance so they are more exspensive then orignal parts.you could call them the cosworth of motorcycles.once again may i suggest you ask for itemised quote with part # and contact motorcycle world phuket they are 100% honest also get frame # if it starts with 5HD smile if it starts with HD it was made for americian market and parts only available from us.5HDis export model and parts are available in maylasia.DEMAND THE PART & FRAME NUMBERS AND YOU CAN'T GET SCAMED. LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES

ASK THE OWNER OF THE HARLEY FOR A ITEMISED QUOTE WITH PART NUMBERS CONTACT MOTORCYCLE WORLD PHUKET AND ASK THEM TO PRICE PARTS .THEY BUY FROM HARLEY IN MALAYSIA AND PRICES ARE VERY REASONABLE AND YOU CAN COMPARE LIKE FOR LIKE.MAKE SURE YOU GET PART NUMBERS.GOOD LUCK.LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES

For what?

You sound like a dumbass falang with plenty of money.

You go pay the bill.

No harm no foul. This is a shakedown pure & simple.

Yeah right your Harley had fuel injection 100 yeara go. Did you go to school past grade 4?

for what.

it's very simple really.with a copy of his list of parts she can get a quote from any dealer in the world and compare her prices with his hence she will know if it is ashakedown iwas not suggesting she pay.

reality.

fact;car was entering a main road

fact;driver of car was over legal limt of alcohol(a highly addictive drug)i.e he was impaired

fact; car not insured

fact;car drivers vision restricted (parked cars or impaired by alochol ?)

fact;motorcycle had right of way

fact ;motorcycle had no reg

hearsay;bike was speeding

hearsay;bike panicked

hearsay;bike could have avoided accident.

fact;driver of car's silence about what happened is deafing.

he did not see bike.

elderly man over over legal alcohol limit attemped to enter busy main road and causes motorcycle to loose control etc etc.

dotcom welcome to reality .it is common for both parties to get their own quote.feel free to correct me if i'm wrong,advice was requested about harley and parts etc

if you start at page 1 and read this a few times you might discover i was giving her the heads up on how best to avoid messy court case and how and where she could

get info to put her on a level playing field to compare prices as i said it's really very simple.concerning your personal attack on me would suggest that this whole forum internet scene is like concord to you."way above your head"

loud pipes save lives

We need to know much more about Screaming Eagle parts.

Sure hope my spelling is correct !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

F'in all caps dude - get a grip.

I am sure you know all about how to do her back in Pomland.

Thanks for the belly laugh regarding the "Flying Coffin" which - just like you doesn't fly anymore. That was a spectacular crash in Paris though - jolly good show olde chap.

Edited by dotcom

OPINIONS ARE LIKE <deleted> EVERYBODY HAS ONE.YOUR RANTING AND RAVING ABOUT THE ENGLISH WAS VERY DISTASTEFUL AND A COMPLETE WASTE OF ALL THAT ANGER YOU HAVE.

I'M IRISH.NOW TAKE A DEEP BREATH AND RELAX .

Are you aware that writing in upper case is the on-line version of shouting?

OPINIONS ARE LIKE <deleted> EVERYBODY HAS ONE.YOUR RANTING AND RAVING ABOUT THE ENGLISH WAS VERY DISTASTEFUL AND A COMPLETE WASTE OF ALL THAT ANGER YOU HAVE.

Are you aware that writing in upper case is the on-line version of shouting?

Don't think he does...maybe from those loud pipes he cannot hear anymore.

Yeah yeah, we can hear you. As the others have said, please stop shouting.

So you are a Brit. Don't take it to heart, most of those that I know are half decent folks, some are fully decent folks.

Edited by Blinky Bill

Pim,

If my reading of your OP is correct there was no physical contact between this Harley and whatever your Dad was driving, I would say that they have not got a case (not a leg to stand on)

In addition, they (the owner or rider of the Harley) are on an unregistered, uninsured bike, therefore I would suggest that your lawyer tell them to take a hike on whatever their "new bike" might be.

BINGO !!!!! Dynablob - are you getting this ????????????????????????

Indeed. Any offers to start a whip-round to buy Blinky Bill an atlas? :D

Don't tell me they've moved it again. Last time I looked Ireland was part of the British Isles, which in my opinion makes the Irish Brits.

I don't think you quite understand. Go into a pub in Dublin and say that.

Would be akin to waltzing into a pub full of Harley riders and shouting 'all bikers are gay', no doubt. :D:o

It could be your last shout.

to the poster above

i think, you provoked dynabob either through your gross stupidity or intentionally, which amounts to the same thing. Perhaps this should be YOUR LAST SHOUT.

I dont condone his reaction.

Edited by ajarnpim

Although this has nothing to do with the original post I thought it might amuse some readers. I don't ride a Harley Davidson, never have and never will. I presently have an old Kawasaki ZZR1100............

On the farm lived a chicken and a horse, both of whom loved to play together. One day the two were playing, when the horse fell into a bog and began to sink. Scared for his life, the horse whinnied for the chicken to go get the farmer for help!

Off the chicken ran, back to the farm.

Arriving at the farm, he searched and searched for the farmer, but to no avail, for he had gone to town with the only tractor. Running around, the chicken spied the farmer's new Harley. Finding the keys in the ignition, the chicken sped off with a length of rope hoping he still had time to save his friend's life.

Back at the bog, the horse was surprised, but happy, to see the chicken arrive on the shiny Harley, and he managed to get a hold of the loop of rope the chicken tossed to him. After tying the other end to the rear bumper of the farmer's bike, the chicken then drove slowly forward and with the aid of the powerful bike, rescued the horse.

Happy and proud, the chicken rode the Harley back to the farmhouse and the farmer was none the wiser when he returned.

The friendship between the two animals was cemented: Best Buddies, Best Pals.

A few weeks later, the chicken fell into a mud pit, and soon, he too, began to sink and cried out to the horse to save his life!

The horse thought a moment, walked over, and straddled the large puddle. Looking underneath, he told the chicken to grab his hangy-down thing and he would then lift him out of the pit.

The chicken got a good grip, and the horse pulled him up and out, saving his life.

The moral of the story?

When You're Hung Like A Horse, You Don't Need A Harley To Pick Up Chicks !!

beastilaty is against the law ha,ha

hi to all.i would like to applogise to anyone that i may of offened yesterday ,i assure you that was not my intension.this is the first forum i have registered with and.the fact idea i was shouting ,this might be a good time to read rule's & reg's .also maybe i could have put more thought into the wording of my posts.eg the list of fact and hearsay was ment to protray what evidence would be presented in court judge's deal in facts ,parked cars speeding motorists and hearsay are irrevent.thath was no collision would have been a + for both drivers except for the alcohol.when i read question for advice. simply out of court settlement was the best option if both parties were on a level playing field.having a accident tramatic enough without getting ripped off as well.

blinkey its better be thought a fool then open your mouth and remove any doubt. keep your rubber side down loudpipes save lives

irish dyna bob

hi to all.i would like to applogise to anyone that i may of offened yesterday ,i assure you that was not my intension.this is the first forum i have registered with and.the fact idea i was shouting ,this might be a good time to read rule's & reg's .also maybe i could have put more thought into the wording of my posts.eg the list of fact and hearsay was ment to protray what evidence would be presented in court judge's deal in facts ,parked cars speeding motorists and hearsay are irrevent.thath was no collision would have been a + for both drivers except for the alcohol.when i read question for advice. simply out of court settlement was the best option if both parties were on a level playing field.having a accident tramatic enough without getting ripped off as well.

blinkey its better be thought a fool then open your mouth and remove any doubt. keep your rubber side down loudpipes save lives

irish dyna bob

So keep it closed IDB. :o

dear blinky.we have a saying in ireland"many's the time a man's tounge broke his own nose"but judgeing by your photo you already know this.

Oh, it's natural my friend. You ought to see my father's nose, classic Chimbu from the Kundiawa region of Papua New Guinea.

What is a tounge? Did you mean to say tongue.

Are you still making silly threats?

p.n.g i think that would make you a frog.thank you for correcting my spelling it's almost as dreadful as your geogaraphy kermit.could you look at the blue space between ireland and england, on your map for the life of me i cannot remember what it's called it would be a great help if you can post it here.

Edited by dynabob

p.n.g i think that would make you a frog.thank you for correcting my spelling it's almost as dreadful as your geogaraphy kermit.could you look at the blue space between ireland and england, on your map for the life of me i cannot remember what it's called it would be a great help if you can post it here.

IDB, you are a true Irishman. Thick as 2 short planks and about as sharp as a bowling ball. Another brain cell and you'd be a 2 leaf clover.

Your turn.........

IDB, you are a true Irishman. Thick as 2 short planks and about as sharp as a bowling ball. Another brain cell and you'd be a 2 leaf clover.

Your turn.........

Blinky Bill & Dynabob

Why don't you two guys PM each other, meet up, and sort it out over a beer..(or in a boxing ring)..

Mark

Edited by piercefilmlid