Sleepless Nights Ahead For Bohpud & Gecko Fire & Threads

NALAK

If you are serious about this I will gladly organise a meeting.

I'm not going to post my personal details but if there are enough people interested I will look for a suitable venue and organise a date and time.

Please send me a PM if you are interested in being involved in a community association.

Once the details are confirmed we can let the word spread.

:)

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good Luck then! Please post your name and the location of your first meeting! By the way, patronising you was certainly not my intention and nowhere did I actually say you had organised a fete. I was simply refering to the fact that there are doers in this world and they are to be admired. By the way if you ever had had the nightmare job of organising a fete, you would in fact realise what a compliment it was.

Graham's comment was not a cop out, just a reality check. If we said "this is England" or "this is Germany" we could: 1) Expect the full protection of the law. 1) Expect to turn up at such a meeting and expect nobody to be carrying weapons 3) Expect nobody to be focused on like the web man in Koh Phangan. etc etc. Because THIS IS THAILAND. as in not England etc. etc.

If you have not recognised this as reality, then I'm afraid, no matter how well intentioned you are, you have not been here long enough!

Be as rude to me as you like in response.. I am sensitive, but quite broad shouldered.

Come to think of it! Whilst I am already guilty in your eyes of being patronising. (when I had no intention of being so) I might as well go the whole hog and ACTUALLY be patronising by saying "Stick to your book club" You will be a lot safer doing that than organising what you suggest.

To the last poster..(who thinks I'm "lame") I've never condoned loud all night parties keeping everyone awake

and would be upset myself it it was all the time but 3 times in 6 months?

I never said that you were lame. I said the excuse that since this is Thailand, Thais can do whatever they want. Does that hold true for all countries or just here?

Good Luck then! Please post your name and the location of your first meeting! By the way, patronising you was certainly not my intention and nowhere did I actually say you had organised a fete. I was simply refering to the fact that there are doers in this world and they are to be admired. By the way if you ever had had the nightmare job of organising a fete, you would in fact realise what a compliment it was.

Graham's comment was not a cop out, just a reality check. If we said "this is England" or "this is Germany" we could: 1) Expect the full protection of the law. 1) Expect to turn up at such a meeting and expect nobody to be carrying weapons 3) Expect nobody to be focused on like the web man in Koh Phangan. etc etc. Because THIS IS THAILAND. as in not England etc. etc.

If you have not recognised this as reality, then I'm afraid, no matter how well intentioned you are, you have not been here long enough!

Be as rude to me as you like in response.. I am sensitive, but quite broad shouldered.

Come to think of it! Whilst I am already guilty in your eyes of being patronising. (when I had no intention of being so) I might as well go the whole hog and ACTUALLY be patronising by saying "Stick to your book club" You will be a lot safer doing that than organising what you suggest.

Haha - touche! And likewise, I didn't mean to be rude to you either. I just think that it is better to do something about a problem rather than just complain. After all - if you are committed to this community and really want to see things get better then who better than you to effect change?

And I'd just like to chip in that organising a book club is a noble and worthy task! Plus, it hasn't happened yet since there aren't enough people - and I'm still waiting for a few more takers.... interested? Maybe we could combine the two? Book club meeting - discuss our latest literary conquest and then partake in a bit of community squabbling? Sounds like an ideal night out to me!

Or maybe those fish have somehow affected my brain? (since you're snooping my posts I trust you'll get this one)

Anyway Concerned... I hope that this goes somewhere and we get a resolution to the problem rather than more mud slinging on this thread.

Haha - touche! And likewise, I didn't mean to be rude to you either. I just think that it is better to do something about a problem rather than just complain. After all - if you are committed to this community and really want to see things get better then who better than you to effect change?

And I'd just like to chip in that organising a book club is a noble and worthy task! Plus, it hasn't happened yet since there aren't enough people - and I'm still waiting for a few more takers.... interested? Maybe we could combine the two? Book club meeting - discuss our latest literary conquest and then partake in a bit of community squabbling? Sounds like an ideal night out to me!

Or maybe those fish have somehow affected my brain? (since you're snooping my posts I trust you'll get this one)

Anyway Concerned... I hope that this goes somewhere and we get a resolution to the problem rather than more mud slinging on this thread.

Ha ha! I must say that I think I would find your company quite enjoyable, so I might indeed join your book club! But only incognito! Hee Hee! Good night my feisty friend!

Night Night, sleep tight. Mind those fish don't bitey bite!

Ha ha! I must say that I think I would find your company quite enjoyable, so I might indeed join your book club! But only incognito! Hee Hee! Good night my feisty friend!

Sad, Sad, Sad.... Very Sad indeed..

I pity you, I really do.. You must be so lonely...

Oh! Hark... There's a party going on and it's not Gekko.. Let's start another boring thread where everyone slags each other off!!!

Do yourself a favour and get some facts before though!

I'm going to have a word with the Gekko people tomorrow at 5pm.. anyone care to join me?

Send me a private message if you're serious.

Oh! Hark... There's a party going on and it's not Gekko.. Let's start another boring thread where everyone slags each other off!!!

I'm going to have a word with the Gekko people tomorrow at 5pm.. anyone care to join me?

Oh dear Lemon Bonbon you little Sweety! You really let yourself down badly there ! I take back all the lovely things I've said about you. If the Lady's thing is to set up a book Club, it's not for you to belittle it! It's not my scene either but I would not dream of being rude about it. Each to their own old boy!

Speak for yourself at the meeting, because your opinions on this issue do not concur with those of us who object rather than condone which is what you seem to do. Trust me, they know what the rest of us think! No meeting required on that score. Thanks anyway.

PS. Thanks for caring, but I am far far far from lonely and a million miles from needing any pity from you.

If you are serious about this I will gladly organise a meeting.

I'm not going to post my personal details but if there are enough people interested I will look for a suitable venue and organise a date and time.

Please send me a PM if you are interested in being involved in a community association.

Once the details are confirmed we can let the word spread.

:D

I beg to differ. While a pro active attitude is refreshing and quite admirable others might possibly think it slightly neive. Organising a constructive discussion session about what is happening with said business might seem constructive and logical. However, it could, and probably would, be misunderstood as interferance in an thai run enterprise that dosnt concern you and might be seen as a threat to the income of investors.

This is something that frustrates me to, but sometimes its better to let off steam / discuss on a forum such as this rather than take action via community associations. After all TIT :) !

This isn't such a great photo but it should be good enough to convey the idea that this isn't some small venue. It looks about the size of Reggae Pub and that large opening facing down the hill has to help in dispersing the sound to those unlucky enough not to be at the party. :D

P6212243.jpg

No it isn't a great photo but you can almost see my place in that shot and i've still had no sleepless nights (though I have been able to hear it on 2 occations in the last last 6 months) I think this has got to a point where all of us (the people within earshot) should go up there and i'll introduce you to them. I can bring my Thai friends along to make sure everything is above board and let the owners speak to us all in person.

I mentioned this thread to the Thai lady owner when I popped in there for a drink on my way up the hill the other afternoon and they know about it and said they have tried to put their point across but obviously people are in doubt because they are well known for putting on parties. However, if you have a look at their plans (and I'm sure they'll be happy to show you) There's nothing about a night club in them.

I really think you should seriously consider this as I'm sure they would really like to clear this up too, as it's not creating a very friendly community. Wouldn't it be great if we could all get on with our neighbours. Mine hasn't even said hello to my partner and I since they moved in! That's not the Koh Samui we all come to love.

If the Gekko put the odd party on once a month or two months to make a few baht while they're finishing buiding, would that be such a crime? You're all talking like it's LakeView on the hill and I believe them when they say it's not

Only one question LemonBonbon: Where is your place? I see only Gecko's, a house under construction in the front (grey roofs) and in that other house, with the green roof lives a Thai family how sold the land. So???????????? Yours still, not yet, under construction or is it the 10th hole off the Golfcourse? :)

I beg to differ. While a pro active attitude is refreshing and quite admirable others might possibly think it slightly neive. Organising a constructive discussion session about what is happening with said business might seem constructive and logical. However, it could, and probably would, be misunderstood as interferance in an thai run enterprise that dosnt concern you and might be seen as a threat to the income of investors.

This is something that frustrates me to, but sometimes its better to let off steam / discuss on a forum such as this rather than take action via community associations. After all TIT :) !

If you read my other posts I made it quite clear that I was talking about a place that could be used to resolve issues that affect the commnity but that would also act as a platform for positive events in the area too. I have absolutely no interest in telling others how to run their businesses.

Anyway I thought Gecko bar was owned and run by an English guy?

I personally haven't been affected by the noise so it's not me that feels any need to blow off steam - I was just making a suggestion of how one might take a productive approach to solving this issue.

This isn't such a great photo but it should be good enough to convey the idea that this isn't some small venue. It looks about the size of Reggae Pub and that large opening facing down the hill has to help in dispersing the sound to those unlucky enough not to be at the party. :D

P6212243.jpg

No it isn't a great photo but you can almost see my place in that shot and i've still had no sleepless nights (though I have been able to hear it on 2 occations in the last last 6 months) I think this has got to a point where all of us (the people within earshot) should go up there and i'll introduce you to them. I can bring my Thai friends along to make sure everything is above board and let the owners speak to us all in person.

I mentioned this thread to the Thai lady owner when I popped in there for a drink on my way up the hill the other afternoon and they know about it and said they have tried to put their point across but obviously people are in doubt because they are well known for putting on parties. However, if you have a look at their plans (and I'm sure they'll be happy to show you) There's nothing about a night club in them.

I really think you should seriously consider this as I'm sure they would really like to clear this up too, as it's not creating a very friendly community. Wouldn't it be great if we could all get on with our neighbours. Mine hasn't even said hello to my partner and I since they moved in! That's not the Koh Samui we all come to love.

If the Gekko put the odd party on once a month or two months to make a few baht while they're finishing buiding, would that be such a crime? You're all talking like it's LakeView on the hill and I believe them when they say it's not

Only one question LemonBonbon: Where is your place? I see only Gecko's, a house under construction in the front (grey roofs) and in that other house, with the green roof lives a Thai family how sold the land. So???????????? Yours still, not yet, under construction or is it the 10th hole off the Golfcourse? :)

If you read my post... Mine's just out of the shot and I do live there with my partner most of the year..why do you ask? Are we neighbours? Do you want to borrow a cup of sugar?

P6212243.jpg

If you read my post... Mine's just out of the shot and I do live there with my partner most of the year..why do you ask? Are we neighbours? Do you want to borrow a cup of sugar?

Neighbour, I go for a good glass of wine OK?

I'm going to have a word with the Gekko people tomorrow at 5pm..

anyone care to join me?

I read your post and i have to scratch my head and wonder do you really have a clue? Seriously what do you think these people say to each other as you are walking away from your personal meetings? My guess is it goes something like this: one looks at the the other and then they both say at the same time "stupid farang" laugh, have a drink and turn up the volume.

I don't live in Bohput, but the throbbing bass from the event (if you can call it that) from Beach Republic in Lamai last night was too loud. Generally, that sort of thing is low enough that while it resonates across the bay, it is not out of decibel bounds. But Beach Republic had some "guest DJ" (Why not just play his CD instead of paying him to come from the UK, thus saving us on the cost of the food and drinks?) and apparently thought that keeping the neighbors annoyed in the middle of the night was part of the UK "scene."

I'm not sure how being inconsiderate to your neighbors can form part of a sound business model.

I think he'll be fine because, if you read his previous posts, he seems to be rather more a fan of the place rather than an objector. He wants us to be less upset with the place, like him. Sadly I and many others are not converted to his way of thinking. Yet!

Can't find a smilie for a yawn, anyone any ideas???

:-O zzz maybe?

Lucky for you that your sleep is that undisturbed, far away in Cheong Mon! Maybe they'll open a branch near you. Don't think Tin Tin will think much of that! I know my dogs quiver all night when they really kick off. Good luck to you with your "I don't give a s--t cos it's no where near me" attitude.

concerned, I think the noise is coming from inside your head. Not one single person has mentioned on this thread that they were kept awake on the night of the previous party and this INCLUDES YOU

Either way, evend if they did/have/will - I've been kept awake by extremely loud and detuned karaoke wedding sessions, and have been woken by dance and other parties on many occasions in my life - just like most people. I just do what every normal person does when something loud wakes them up, put the pillow over my head and get on with sleeping.

If you had Glastonbury built outside your front door for six months a year I'd empathise, but a party you sometimes hear? Nah.

Anyway I won't rise any further to the bait. It's a proper timewaste :-O zzz

Edited by danw

concerned, I think the noise is coming from inside your head. Not one single person has mentioned on this thread that they were kept awake on the night of the previous party and this INCLUDES YOU

Either way, evend if they did/have/will - I've been kept awake by extremely loud and detuned karaoke wedding sessions, and have been woken by dance and other parties on many occasions in my life - just like most people. I just do what every normal person does when something loud wakes them up, put the pillow over my head and get on with sleeping.

If you had Glastonbury built outside your front door for six months a year I'd empathise, but a party you sometimes hear? Nah.

Anyway I won't rise any further to the bait. It's a proper timewaste :-O zzz

Selective reading IMO, and who is baiting who?

Edited by Oak

• 1 month later...

A new event on Bophuthills!

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=1078...6343&ref=mf

RADIO ONE SAMUI PARTY @ GECKO THIS SUNDAY

The ORIGINAL Sunday Sessions!!

Organisator:

GECKO SAMUI

Start:

Sunday 9 augustus 2009 at 16:00

Till:

Monday 10 augustus 2009 at 4:00

Gecko Bar, Bophut Hills, Koh Samui

Adress:

Bophut Hills, Past 9 Hole Golf Course

Ko Samui, Thailand

Samui's New Radio Station which is taking the world by storm at the moment with thousands of listeners will be hosting a night of the best music you'll hear anywhere on the Island with a line up consisting of 5 of the best DJs on Radio One

A new event on Bophuthills!

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=1078...6343&ref=mf

RADIO ONE SAMUI PARTY @ GECKO THIS SUNDAY

The ORIGINAL Sunday Sessions!!

Organisator:

GECKO SAMUI

Start:

Sunday 9 augustus 2009 at 16:00

Till:

Monday 10 augustus 2009 at 4:00

Gecko Bar, Bophut Hills, Koh Samui

Adress:

Bophut Hills, Past 9 Hole Golf Course

Ko Samui, Thailand

Samui's New Radio Station which is taking the world by storm at the moment with thousands of listeners will be hosting a night of the best music you'll hear anywhere on the Island with a line up consisting of 5 of the best DJs on Radio One

Earwig-O again!

It's only broadcast . When you visit don't forget your old transsistor and so if you don't like :) it or want to sleep :D , turn you radio off ! :D

Enjoy and for the organisators, show that your Party will be a party for everyone! Decibell till 100 and after midnight only by broadcasting!

If its an every night affair, which its not. If you cant beat them, join them. Get in there and shake what your mama gave you. Pull out all the stops with travoltaesque moves , then you will fall into a coma like sleep after that. Simples