The 90-day Notification Report

Postage is 10 Baht now and has been for quite some time but the immigration website has not been updated. I wonder who pays for the extra 5 Baht when envelopes arrive with 5 Baht only. The webmaster?

--

Maestro

The actual cost is only 3 baht.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I was amazed in December when I had to pay only three Baht for a letter from Bangkok to Ranong. I figured the ten Baht might be for registered mail but I really don't know. With the stamp glued to the return envelope, nobody except the post office could profit if an excessive postage were used, I think. Oh, well, the mysteries of life!

--

Maestro

Likewise if you ask for a 'Proof of address letter' you must give them the Form and 100 baht for sending it to you EMS..

I always do my 90 day reporting via mail, EMS of the documents to them in a A5 envelope is 46 baht..... So a single sheet of paper via EMS is a lot lighter so would cost less.

Date of my first extension stamp: December 11, 2008

The 90 days started already at December 11, 2008. Hence the reporting date is March 10th, 2009 (notified by a pamphlet in my passport).

Just curious.

I also went for my 1st extension Dec 11, 2008 but my "Notice" stapled in my passport requires me to report ("To notify again on:") Mar 9th, 2009.

Aren't they using the same calendar?

I know we can report 7 days before or after. Does the 7 day count include the report date? If my report date is Mar 9th and I am running late, do I have up to Mar 15th (+ 6 days) or Mar 16th (+ 7 days)?

The 90 days started already at December 11, 2008. Hence the reporting date is March 10th, 2009 (notified by a pamphlet in my passport).

Just curious.

I also went for my 1st extension Dec 11, 2008 but my "Notice" stapled in my passport requires me to report ("To notify again on:") Mar 9th, 2009.

I know we can report 7 days before or after. Does the 7 day count include the report date? If my report date is Mar 9th and I am running late, do I have up to Mar 15th (+ 6 days) or Mar 16th (+ 7 days)?

I would say March 16th.

I've also heard if you leave the country they check the reporting and when you come back in the count starts again.

The 90 day count does reset when you leave the country and reenter, no matter what your current slip says. However a while back there were some reports of some officers who didn't see it that way, but they were freak cases and probably just new or uninformed officers.

If you leave the country and return some time later, does the border immigration office give and staple another reporting "Notice" with the new reporting date.

Just curious.

I think they use the same calender but maybe the person that did yours was short a finger or two. :o

The rule says before or after so to me that means the 16th is your last day without paying the fine.

If it was the 15th you would have to go on the 13th since the 15th is a Sunday.

If you leave the country and return some time later, does the border immigration office give and staple another reporting "Notice" with the new reporting date.

No

You would have to count the days yourself.

They don't care about 90 day reports and some may not even know about them.

No

You would have to count the days yourself.

They don't care about 90 day reports and some may not even know about them.

I do the counting anyway to confirm whether it is correct. That's how I figured out they put the wrong report date on the notice.

Just curious, since upon returning to Thailand, the reporting date on the previous notice would no longer be accurate, can it be thrown out without penalty?

I do the counting anyway to confirm whether it is correct. That's how I figured out they put the wrong report date on the notice.

Just curious, since upon returning to Thailand, the reporting date on the previous notice would no longer be accurate, can it be thrown out without penalty?

I would keep it just in case they want proof that you had made a report prior to your departure.

I will be going down to CM Immigration in a few weeks for my 1st 90 day reporting.

I searched for information regarding the required photocopies but all I found was information to report by mail.

I know I need to bring the TM47 doc, my passport which includes the 90 day report notice, the TM6 (departure form), my last visa but what photocopies or additional documents (if any) do I need to walk in with.

Just take your Passport , the TM47 Form, TM6.

No need for any copies.

Sounds almost toooooooooo simple and easy. We are talking about Thai Immigration, right? :o

Thanks. :D

The 90 day report is really routine and no big deal. Passport and form is all that is needed at most offices.

• 4 months later...

Loosing it is probably going to cost you 2000 baht. I don't think they put them in the computer.

Some offices may keep a copy in your file and if they wanted to be helpfull they could probably find your last report.

Not sure if they will fine you or if they can find it back if you did your report.

For you to late, but it is always advisable to make a copy of all important documents, like passport, visa, arrival card and 90 day report for in case you lose it.

Is there a charge, for online reporting (90 days on a Non-Immi-B-Visa) as high as 3000.- ThB?

regarding fines for not reporting:

Note :

* The notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days is in no way equivalent to a visa extension.

* If a foreigner staying in the kingdom over 90 days without notifying the Immigration Bureau or notifying the Immigration Bureau later than the set period, a fine of 2,000.- Baht will be collected. If a foreigner who did not make the notification of staying over 90 days is arrested, he will be fined 4,000.- Baht.

* If a foreigner leaves the country and re-enters, the day count starts at 1 in every case.

* For details contact 0-2285-5142, 0-2287-3101-10 ext.2262, 2263

Source:

There is no change - the fine has been and still is 2k. If you are arrested they could charge up to 5k by law but by policy it would only be 4k as stated.

The is also no on line reporting for 90 days - if you are talking about the link you provided that is on line reporting of visitors for hotels.

But then again, Samui has a history of non standard fees.

Edited by lopburi3

There is no change - the fine has been and still is 2k. If you are arrested they could charge up to 5k by law but by policy it would only be 4k as stated.

The is also no on line reporting for 90 days - if you are talking about the link you provided that is on line reporting of visitors for hotels.

But then again, Samui has a history of non standard fees.

thank you for quick response!

thought so - never been charged anything while reporting in person -

thought they got it wrong!

However, online individual 90 Report would be very helpful!