Year-end Audit

Question to the forum:

I have registered a Thai company last year, but we have not started trading as yet. I used the company to obtain a Non-Imm "B" Visa (3 months, single entry) and a WP.

My account claims he has to do a year-and audit (and charge me 15,000 THB) in order for me to get a 1-year B-Visa and WP - although there is nothing to audit as we haven't done a single transaction.

Is that really the case?

Thanks for your clarification.

Question to the forum:

I have registered a Thai company last year, but we have not started trading as yet. I used the company to obtain a Non-Imm "B" Visa (3 months, single entry) and a WP.

My account claims he has to do a year-and audit (and charge me 15,000 THB) in order for me to get a 1-year B-Visa and WP - although there is nothing to audit as we haven't done a single transaction.

Is that really the case?

Thanks for your clarification.

An audit is now required to get the extension.

See this for info: guide_lines.pdf

Get a new accountant. THB 15,000 to audit a non-active company is very, very high. THB 8,000 would be more like it for an active small business with no complications.