The Nation And Thaivisa.com Sign Internet Forum Deal

george

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

will the Nation management be allowed to get access to our PMs ? :o

Of course not. Like you and everybody else on this planet they can sign up as members of ThaiVisa and read the same things as you can.

--

Maestro

Nice you raised the question,it is something I wondered about for long time already.

Does anybody have access to our Private Messages?

Nobody, including moderators and admin have access to member's PM's.

Private Messages are exactly that... private.

Nice you raised the question,it is something I wondered about for long time already.

Does anybody have access to our Private Messages?

Nobody, including moderators and admin have access to member's PM's.

Private Messages are exactly that... private.

actually the database admin (at least) does have access to all info, including PMs through the database files.

whether or not they read them is a different matter.

Edited by mc2

I'll save mc2 from having to type his next question:

Will The Nations' special radio antenna on top of their roof building be able to intercept my keyboard strokes or glean the moderator numbers from my mobile phone?

Will the world futures market in tin suddenly explode with the increased demand from milliners? :D:o

I'll save mc2 from having to type his next question:

Will The Nations' special radio antenna on top of their roof building be able to intercept my keyboard strokes or glean the moderator numbers from my mobile phone?

don't be silly. they are legitimate privacy questions when deals like these are made.

As part of the arrangement, will they (the Nation) be given direct access to the Thai Visa database files ?

this could have some privacy implications

From my inderstanding of the deal, the Nation & Thai Visa will still continue to be to totally seperate entities. It is simply a marketing/advertising quid pro quo deal. As to advertising revenues/sales commisions, I have absolutley no idea what the split would be, however, I would be fairly confident that it would play out on audited viewing numbers. Neither entity will have access to the others information in any way, shape or form.

It is also my understanding that Thai Visa will not change in anyway that would not have been a natural progression for the business.

It sounds like a sensible move. The Nation and the bkk post websites are 2 major entry points for outsiders wanting to get information on Thailand. I would be interested to see if traffic increases and by how much in the next 3 months or so. Good luck

As part of the arrangement, will they (the Nation) be given direct access to the Thai Visa database files ?

this could have some privacy implications

From my inderstanding of the deal, the Nation & Thai Visa will still continue to be to totally seperate entities. It is simply a marketing/advertising quid pro quo deal. As to advertising revenues/sales commisions, I have absolutley no idea what the split would be, however, I would be fairly confident that it would play out on audited viewing numbers. Neither entity will have access to the others information in any way, shape or form.

It is also my understanding that Thai Visa will not change in anyway that would not have been a natural progression for the business.

If it was that simple then why is this forum now called The Nation Thai Visa Forum and the newspaper isn't named Thai Visa's The Nation?

Could someone kindly explain what this announcement means in practical terms, and what ar the ramifications are, if any, on the Thai Visa forums as we now know them.

Thank you.

The only thing that you will notice is the re-branding plus an influx of new members/readers. This is called branding/marketing and has nothing to do with management.

The Nation and Thaivisa has been friends for many years, and now we reflect that in a co-branding and some marketing synergies.

Both The Nation and Thaivisa are separate entities with separate management. We will continue so.

I expect to have my membership wiped out very soon if you put me in the same room as the average Nation member..... that's why I am on Thai visa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or was that "was on TV" ! I have forum membership with the BkkPost as well as TV, why do you think I have avoided the Nation!

I do not have a problem with anybody in business seizing an opportunity to make money. So from that point of view, Good luck George.

This is purely from an end users point of view.. This site obviously makes money from advertising. The more hits the site gets, the more money it can make from its advertising.

From a users point of view, this in itself causes inconveniences, as I,for one, do not want to see endless corny adverts, as well as the fact that the more adverts and banners there are, the longer it takes for the page to load!!!!!!!

My question is simple. What advantages will this deal give to me, someone who reads TV every day, who posts most days.?

Folk who are worried that Big Brother will be peeping in their private lives are being a bit paranoid.

However, one thing Thaivisa might like to clarify with members is whether they will be sharing their email address database with outsiders.

This is something my publication does (sells the information in fact), I think it is a bit cusp-y ethics wise as it means our subscribers unwittingly get all kinds of spam from outside advertisers.

Folk who are worried that Big Brother will be peeping in their private lives are being a bit paranoid.

However, one thing Thaivisa might like to clarify with members is whether they will be sharing their email address database with outsiders.

This is something my publication does (sells the information in fact), I think it is a bit cusp-y ethics wise as it means our subscribers unwittingly get all kinds of spam from outside advertisers.

No, we will not share the database or spam anybodY. Here is our Privacy policy:

http://www.thaivisa.com/privacy-policy.html

Thaivisa does not have access to The Nations servers, and The Nation has no access to ours.

I think it's time to make things clear for those who are a little dim:

There will be NO FURTHER comments on moderation on this thread that do not earn warnings and penalties. Discuss the topic, which is the hookup of Thaivisa and the Nation, within the scope of Thaivisa's posting rules.

When I read the OP I thought "ok, whatever, this sort of thing happens all the time".

Upon reading the paranoid, disgruntled and angry attitudes in many of the replies I begin to wonder if this thread should be moved to the Jokes forum.... :o:D

I am sure Thai*60.com and TeakDo*r.com will be getting the influx of users from here rather than ThaiVisa getting an influx from the nation.

Enjoyed my 5 years here but I refuse to have anything to do with a internet forum that is in a close relationship with one of the Joke newspapers in this country.

Edited by dekka007