Permanent False Teeth

skippybangkok

Went to Thonglor dentist to ask about permanent fakies for her mouth. She only has front teeth, all the back ones gone. They recon there is nothing they can do. ( them bridges and crowns - making a bridge for a missing tooth is about $1500 ) ( 2 real teeth crowned, and the missing one bridged. )

Waow..... not cheap

I got a plate of back lower teeth and one front one. 2000 baht.

Go to a normal dentist - those ones in Thong Lor are a rip off.

Thanks - She already has dentures, but was looking for something permanent. The prices have already been a turn off, but besides that, it seems that without something to achor them on, there is nothing which can be done which is permanent.

I got a plate of back lower teeth and one front one. 2000 baht.

Go to a normal dentist - those ones in Thong Lor are a rip off.

Thanks - She already has dentures, but was looking for something permanent. The prices have already been a turn off, but besides that, it seems that without something to achor them on, there is nothing which can be done which is permanent.

Permanent teeth are screwed into the gum , it will not come cheaply , I had dentures made 4 years ago that I never take out other than to clean and I do not use glue .

I used this dentist just off Rama 4 close to Klong Toey :

Baan-More-Fun Dental Clinic , 12-671-2548/9

Very caring lady and the price was half quoted elsewhere B5,000 for a full lower plate .

What would the screw in ones cost ? any idea ?
Take a bit of advice forget screw ins :D , I had 7 fitted by a top orthodontist in brisbane the first one split after 2 years and had problems with the others over the following 5 years , in the end they were all removed, not an experience to be reccomended, havent bothered replacing them with dentures , cant have problems with teeth you aint got :o

What would the screw in ones cost ? any idea ?
Take a bit of advice forget screw ins :D , I had 7 fitted by a top orthodontist in brisbane the first one split after 2 years and had problems with the others over the following 5 years , in the end they were all removed, not an experience to be reccomended, havent bothered replacing them with dentures , cant have problems with teeth you aint got :o

Who considered him tops ? My brother had screw ins in the 50s in England , no problems , So you chew on your gums , not a practical health idea , mastication is a requisite to good digestion , your problem not mine , thank god .

My brother had screw ins in the 50s in England

implants ("screw ins") were not invented until the 70's.

he may have had crowns on posts inserted into the roots of the teeth.

implants are metal anchors , implanted into the mandible or maxilla , in cases where no teeth , or roots of teeth , remain.

prosthetic teeth are then attached to these anchors. the best solution for those who have few or no teeth left.

if you have the money for them , implants are a much better solution to the problem of missing teeth than the ancient ,uncomfortable , unhygienic and imprecise solutions offered by plastic removable dentures.

dental departments in the better hospitals are a better bet than local clinics although there is one clinic on thong lor and one near silom road (both in bangkok) that have very good reputations for implant surgery.

to call thong lor clinics rip offs is unfair and sounds like the last refuge of the curmudgeon who either cant afford to ,or is unwilling to stump up the money for the advanced dentistry offered in many of the clinics there......and has a grudge against those who can !!

some people get along fine with removable plastic dentures , they are a cheap alternative to some of the better options available. but they are damaging to any remaining teeth and often damaging to the underlying bone in full denture cases. food gets caught under them , they frequently break , they can be a bit smelly and they should be removed overnight for cleaning and to "rest" the gums. as the gums and bone wears down , the dentures lose their fit and they will need replacing or altering every few years. they are outdated contraptions now.

implants or bridgework if there are enough supporting teeth are a much better way to go.

if they seem expensive , it might be worth making an effort to save for them , there is no need to put up with ancient and imprecise solutions to the problem of edentulousness.

I have 4 implants [metal anchors]

2x Bridges

Total 9 Crowns

Odd fillings

Work was done here in 2004, never had any problems, total cost was 60,000 Baht, I paid on every visit over 4 months, 6 to 7 times per month