Tacos And Salsa Restaurant Review

Jimmyd

Jorge, when you are gonna open the new location ?

Maybe you can consider delivery service later on for us soi 18 guys as we can not drop by "downstairs" anymore for take out :)

Good luck with the new place and let us know when the opening party will be.

Hola MJo,

We have had the delivery service available for four month already though www.chefsxp.com so no worries, we can still serve you with out any problem, also, the new location is just two block ahead from where we are right now, so you can still stop by any time

I will keep you all of you inform about the opening party and why not, I will do and exclusive party only for thaivisa.com user, let me plan it and i will let all of you know

Thank you for the wishes

I hope to see you soon

Saludos

Jorge

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are closing the current location and we would like you to celebrate with us the next step and thanks to the Pavilion for ht chance to let us create Tacos & Salsa

Tacos & Salsa Sukhumvit 18

Farewell Latin party

Buffet 350 B

-Chicken soup

-Pozole

-Taquitos Beef / pork / Chicken / al Pastor / chirozo

-Quesadillas Beef / pork / Chicken / al Pastor / Chorizo

-Alambres Beef / pork / Chicken / al Pastor / Chorizo

-Tamales Beef / pork / Chicken

-Guacamole

-Tortilla chips

-Salsa roja / verde / pico de gallo (red/ green/ fresh)

Dessert

-Flan

-Tamales de piña, (pineapple tamales)

The buffet includes 1 Corona beer, Margarita or any other drink

Corona beer promotion all night long

Buy 2 and get 1 FREE

Corona night ONLY !

Margaritas and cocktails 150 B

Corona 180 B

Latin music all night by

DJ Jorge (Mexico)

Percussion Luis (Colombia)

Vocals Pepi (Chile)

And much more

Join us in this great celebration

post-73993-1246006246_thumb.jpg

I was hoping to try some kind of seafood dish based on previous posts. All the waiter could say about the fish, shrimp etc. was "no have".

As I don't eat meat it was disapointing. Had the veggie enchaladas at Sunrise instead.

I was hoping to try some kind of seafood dish based on previous posts. All the waiter could say about the fish, shrimp etc. was "no have".

As I don't eat meat it was disapointing. Had the veggie enchaladas at Sunrise instead.

I have fish tacos and prawn soup . tacos / burritos only on Sundays, and the reason is because i personally like to have only fresh sea food on the table and no many costumers ask for it, only two or three do so. But all my menu includes vegetarian options, you just need to request it. The other restaurants are already copying my vegetarian menu, so those "veggie enchiladas" are a bad copy of my, i hope you enjoyed them then, but next time come and try my and you will taste the difference. and I recommend you the prawn soup on Sundays, no one else have it ... yet lol

Best regards

Thanks, I'll try again after you move. Your waiter was uninterested in discussing any special requests or engaging in any conversation beyond "mai mee". Giving him the benefit of the doubt, he probably couldn't understand my bad Thai and was too shy to try to communicate in English.

Edited by ricklev

...is the beef still the same as it was 4 months ago?

I can't answer what it was like, but I can tell you that each time I go to T&S (been twice over the past month) I order beef tacos and they are very tasty........my guess is that the pork tacos are probably very tasty too, but haven't tried them.

The cheese enchiladas are also good.

Personally, I like Tex-Mex.......really big portions with lots of chile sauce and cheese.......but Jorge (the owner) is from Mexico (Mexico City, I think) and is serving authentic Mexican food (probably healthier than Tex-Mex).

Beef aside, his refried beans are fantastic and so are his corn tortillas (must all be made by hand).

You actually like something here in the way of Mexican food, JR??

I could have sworn, you told us all a million times, you'll never find any good Mexican food in Thailand.... :)

I was wrong.........Jorge at Tacos and Salsa is making some pretty tasty food.......it is not like what I am used to, so I can still say "no Tex-Mex like El Fenix or Joe T. Garcias (those are popular Tex-Mex restaurants in Texas), but it is good.

I have eaten there twice and plan to eat there each time I go to Bangkok.

Is there something I did not like at Tacos and Salsa........yes, I did not like the Mexican rice. I like a Mexican-style rice that has less tomato base and more cumin, oregano, garlic and chicken broth w/ touch of red salsa.

And being "cheap Charlie," I would like to see bigger portions at lower prices........but I am aware of how difficult it is to get the ingredients to make quality Mexican food in Southeast Asia (not cheap to do it).

I still have no eaten at Miguel's in Chiang Mai and hope to do so eventually as it has gotten very good reviews.

For now, with regard to Mexican food in Bangkok, I would definitely put Tacos and Salsa at the top of my list.

Dear friends and costumers,

Tacos & Salsa will be close for this wee and re-open next week,

I hope to see you there and party again. We are working for to get you a much better place for you comfort, you will be happy about this.

Warm regards

Jorge Bernal

Tacos & Salsa

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everybody,

Thank you so much for your support

Tacos & Salsa is open in it's new location, 422 Sukhumvit road, from 11am to 12am every day. The new home of the real Mexican food is located at the front of the Washington square where, you will find a safety and bid parking area available. The fee for the parking is 30B per hour, but if you come to the restaurant you will get a stamp that gives you 1 hour for free.

We are planing more event every week and we will be happy to let you know, in the mean time....

-Every day Happy hour all local Beer and Margaritas for 69 B ONLY ! and you will get a complementary tortilla chips with salsa or 2 Taquitos, from 3 pm to 7 pm ! !

-Every Friday night, come wit your friends minimum 4 and every +4 and you will get a free big jug of Margaritas (8 glasses) with your food order

-Every Saturday evening we will have a special buffet of tacos al pastor, taquitos (beef / pork / chicken), plus Pozole, all you can eat for 350 B, which also include salsa, refried beans, Mexican rice and Guacamole !

-Every Sunday, is Sundays' tacos, buy an order of taquitos or tacos (beef /pork / chicken /prawns / fish / vegetarian) for 199 B and get one local beer or Margarita, plus a portion of our special Mexican prawn soup (Caldo de camaron) for FREE !

Our breakfast dishes are available all day and night and 90% of our dishes can be vegetarian

Also remember that our food is available for take away and delivery service by www.chefsxp.com every day from 11am till 12am

I hope to see you soon.

As for tacos al pastor in Thai language as "taquitos mou deang" ;-)

Best regards

Jorge Bernal

Tacos & Salsa

Yes, he is open.  He had a rather nice re-opening party on Saturday night. Lots of free food and drinks!

Nice to hear about it after the event.

I read about it here on TV a few days before it happened and made a special effort to drive into town to attend.  Glad I did.  

Hola,

Yes, we do have Pozole every Saturday evening only (for the moment) as well as Caldo de Camaron (prawn soup) every Sunday.

And the following promotions

-Every Saturday evening we will have a special buffet of tacos al pastor, taquitos (beef / pork / chicken), plus Pozole, all you can eat for 350 B, which also include salsa, refried beans, Mexican rice and Guacamole !

And get 1 big jug of Margarita if you come with your friends, (minimum 4)

-Every Sunday, is Sundays' tacos, buy an order of taquitos or tacos (beef /pork / chicken /prawns / fish / vegetarian) for 199 B and get one local beer or Margarita, plus a portion of our special Mexican prawn soup (Caldo de camaron) for FREE !

I hope to see you there

Jorge

T&S

Want to put in a generally good word for the food at T&S Saturday night buffet... A group of friends and I (5 adults and one youngster) stopped by last night and had some great food for 350 baht per head, a very reasonable price for the fare ... The service and the margaritas, well...not as good...

As I sat munching last night on tacos al pastor, and all the accompanyments, I started thinking something I have only rarely felt since moving to Thailand -- that I was back in Los Angeles eating native food there, and not in Thailand... (The only other place I recall thinking that has been eating the American food (burgers and BBQ) at the Hard Rock Cafe in Siam Square...minus on the Thai ladies that inhabit there, of course... :) )

As befits T&S new location, the buffet is a simple, no frills affair... Just a small table and counter downstairs.... A tray of tacos, a kettle of pozole, and bowls of guacamole and a couple salsas, refried beans, tortilla chips and a few other items. But, the guacamole is fresh and first-rate, and the green salsas on offer last night was the spicier variety, enough to satisfy my cravings for fire. And the tacos al pastor had a nice, authentic taste.

It was enough for me to just fill a bowl with the very good refried beans, top it with guacamole and the green salsa, and eat it as a dip with the tortilla chips, which I did to excess.. A note though.... the frijoles on offer are the standard, thick style -- different from the more soup-like, bacon flavor infused variety served with entrees that many, including myself, find absolutely delicious and remarkable.

Nonetheless, a few things seemed to be amiss... although I arrived about 6:45 pm still during the happy hour period, I noticed when I paid my bill...maybe two hours later, that my ordered-on-arrival margarita was charged at the regular price, 150 baht I believe. Likewise, although we had a party of five adults, there was no jug of margaritas offered by our waiters, contrary to the post above re Sat night specials. And the regular margarita I did receive in small shot glass style cup continues to unimpress me in terms of both size and flavor.... Lastly, while we all ate tacos al pastor to our heart's content, I didnt notice any taquitos (beef, chicken or pork) on offer.....

Still, T&S is doing a very good job in bringing authentic Mexican food to Bangkok, which everyone here in this thread ought to appreciate.

Edited by jfchandler

Want to put in a generally good word for the food at T&S Saturday night buffet... A group of friends and I (5 adults and one youngster) stopped by last night and had some great food for 350 baht per head, a very reasonable price for the fare ... The service and the margaritas, well...not as good...

As I sat munching last night on tacos al pastor, and all the accompanyments, I started thinking something I have only rarely felt since moving to Thailand -- that I was back in Los Angeles eating native food there, and not in Thailand... (The only other place I recall thinking that has been eating the American food (burgers and BBQ) at the Hard Rock Cafe in Siam Square...minus on the Thai ladies that inhabit there, of course... :) )

As befits T&S new location, the buffet is a simple, no frills affair... Just a small table and counter downstairs.... A tray of tacos, a kettle of pozole, and bowls of guacamole and a couple salsas, refried beans, tortilla chips and a few other items. But, the guacamole is fresh and first-rate, and the green salsas on offer last night was the spicier variety, enough to satisfy my cravings for fire. And the tacos al pastor had a nice, authentic taste.

It was enough for me to just fill a bowl with the very good refried beans, top it with guacamole and the green salsa, and eat it as a dip with the tortilla chips, which I did to excess.. A note though.... the frijoles on offer are the standard, thick style -- different from the more soup-like, bacon flavor infused variety served with entrees that many, including myself, find absolutely delicious and remarkable.

Nonetheless, a few things seemed to be amiss... although I arrived about 6:45 pm still during the happy hour period, I noticed when I paid my bill...maybe two hours later, that my ordered-on-arrival margarita was charged at the regular price, 150 baht I believe. Likewise, although we had a party of five adults, there was no jug of margaritas offered by our waiters, contrary to the post above re Sat night specials. And the regular margarita I did receive in small shot glass style cup continues to unimpress me in terms of both size and flavor.... Lastly, while we all ate tacos al pastor to our heart's content, I didnt notice any taquitos (beef, chicken or pork) on offer.....

Still, T&S is doing a very good job in bringing authentic Mexican food to Bangkok, which everyone here in this thread ought to appreciate.

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback, and I am already have a meeting with my staff and fix that problem, I am very sorry for the mistake

Thank you and i hope to see you back again

Best regards

Jorge

Today Tacos & Salsa's Sundays' Tacos, Order a Tacos or Taquitos set (Al Pastor, Grilled Pork/Beef/Chicken/Prawns/Fish/Vegetarian), and get one complementary local beer or Margarita and our special Mexican Prawn Soup ONLY 199 B.

I see you there

J T&S

post-73993-1249175937_thumb.jpg

Though I live in the deep south I've been a big fan of T&S ever since it opened -- *real* Mexican food of the kind seldom found outside the country -- so was very disappointed last week when I was in town and found the old location deserted. Guess I should have been reading here. The new shop is excellent news. Congratulations Jorge, and keep up the good work.

Any chance of posting the in-store menu on-line?

It would be helpful to have a single on-line location with all the details of this restaurant: map, hours, menu, specials, events, delivery ordering, etc. The myspace page seems lacking in information, and while some of that informaiton is scattered throughout this thread, I still couldn't find a menu.

• 3 weeks later...