Tacos And Salsa Restaurant Review

Jimmyd

We went for lunch today. We especially liked the dip that seemed to be made solely from smashed green chillies :) The waitress was very friendly and explained the food to Thai hubby, he was very pleased with her recommendation. I'm not sure what it was, but something covered - again - in his favourite green chillies and he said it was great.

A bit disappointing that the restaurant was out of chicken but the beef variant of my order (soft tacos) was nice. The young American family sitting behind us were having some trouble communicating their order. They wanted some of the filling left out of their kids food but the waitress didn't understand. I think they gave up and just scraped the unwanted bits out when it arrived. All round a nice place to go for some different food that I don't know how to make. Yum.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stopped by the new location and tried the tamales. Best I've had since I left Mexico - moist, not dry, and full of flavour. Finally, authentic tamales in Thailand, quite an achievement I'd say, and at 60 baht each, fairly priced.

That green salsa is not only tasty but it's probably the hottest Mexican salsa served anywhere in Thailand.

The place has already officially gone into the crapper, at least in my opinion. Maybe too much success too soon, I don't know, but now two times in a row it has been an utter disappointment.

Sad to say, but true. Nice while it lasted though.

Dr. B

Well..........you know, a lot of people are liking it. You did not tell us much.....pretty vague. Why did you feel disappointed? Was it a specific food item? Service? What precisely? The owner can do nothing about it unless you tell him.

Sorry JR,

I wasn't in a mood to do extensive writing that day I wrote that, but I needed to vent I guess.

Okay, well, been a regular customer of the new location. Took a friend by who also loved it and we were both having a few meals a week there together.

I worked in restaurants for a long time, helping manage them in L.A. and I know how difficult this field can be. However, my lat two visits have resulted in food very changed from its previous incarnation, the enchiladas, nachos, beans and tamales being of a specific point. The pre-prep on the food was too long in the one instance, the meat having dried to the point of being completely bland and of no interest once prepared for consumption.

Then assuming everyone always has an off day, I went by with some mates for a bite the other evening. There was a booming business going on and maybe this is part of the problem, as running a successful restaurant is often more difficult than running a slower one. We ordered nachos, guacamole and chips and beer. The nachos had almost no cheese other than some runny yellow mess that was I think Velveeta. The normal cheese being used previously was not in stock perhaps, I've no idea, but better to simply say we are out of the proper ingredients than what we were served. The guacamole was very thinned out versus the previous incarnations as well. Again, better to say, out of stock than put out an inferior product.

I will give this place one last shot this week and if the owner is in, I will have a chat. The day I was in and the food was really bad, and I d mean bad, put my wife off completely. The owner was there that day, but my wife was so pissed at me, there was not a chance to chat.

Also, and a last note, knowing how to cook food doesn't make a person a a host and expert at running an establishment. Sorry, but the gentleman needs to learn how to handle customers and be a host or find someone who does. This mainly relates to the day I went with my wife. I do not care to go into specifics, but suffice it to say, customers are valued gold in any business and deserve the best the place has to offer rather than being treated as if they are a nuisance.

Dr. B

Sorry JR,

I wasn't in a mood to do extensive writing that day I wrote that, but I needed to vent I guess.

Okay, well, been a regular customer of the new location. Took a friend by who also loved it and we were both having a few meals a week there together.

I worked in restaurants for a long time, helping manage them in L.A. and I know how difficult this field can be. However, my lat two visits have resulted in food very changed from its previous incarnation, the enchiladas, nachos, beans and tamales being of a specific point. The pre-prep on the food was too long in the one instance, the meat having dried to the point of being completely bland and of no interest once prepared for consumption.

Then assuming everyone always has an off day, I went by with some mates for a bite the other evening. There was a booming business going on and maybe this is part of the problem, as running a successful restaurant is often more difficult than running a slower one. We ordered nachos, guacamole and chips and beer. The nachos had almost no cheese other than some runny yellow mess that was I think Velveeta. The normal cheese being used previously was not in stock perhaps, I've no idea, but better to simply say we are out of the proper ingredients than what we were served. The guacamole was very thinned out versus the previous incarnations as well. Again, better to say, out of stock than put out an inferior product.

I will give this place one last shot this week and if the owner is in, I will have a chat. The day I was in and the food was really bad, and I d mean bad, put my wife off completely. The owner was there that day, but my wife was so pissed at me, there was not a chance to chat.

Also, and a last note, knowing how to cook food doesn't make a person a a host and expert at running an establishment. Sorry, but the gentleman needs to learn how to handle customers and be a host or find someone who does. This mainly relates to the day I went with my wife. I do not care to go into specifics, but suffice it to say, customers are valued gold in any business and deserve the best the place has to offer rather than being treated as if they are a nuisance.

Dr. B

Thanks for responding with positive criticism (nothing wrong with that). If I owned a restaurant, this is what I would want to hear, even though it might sting a bit. You can't make positive adjustments unless you know something needs to be adjusted.

As an aside, one thing I would love to see is bigger portions at lower prices. Of course, that is not easy to do and impacts the bottom line.

Given the lack of availability of authentic Mexican ingredients in Thailand, (along with the horrible Thai beef), I would think running a genuine Mexican food place in Thailand is about as difficult a challenge as it gets.

You are lucky in one way.........at least you are located (assumption on my part) in a place that is near Mexican food places. It takes me six hours to get to Tacos and Salsa!

Dr. Burrito, I’ve had three or four meals at the new location and have found the food and service as good or even better than before. I only tried the tamales at the new location and they were superb, just like tamales I used to buy from street vendors in Mexico City.

Dr. Burrito, I’ve had three or four meals at the new location and have found the food and service as good or even better than before. I only tried the tamales at the new location and they were superb, just like tamales I used to buy from street vendors in Mexico City.

Everyone has a pov, mate. As noted above, I said the new location started out on a high note. It is either growing too quickly, always a risk, or perhaps the incumbent costs of being in the new location may have him cutting corners he would rather not.

As to buying from street vendors in Mexico, no offense, but that's like saying I buy Thai food in Thailand, or Chinese food in China. Just because it's cooked there doesn't make it good not does it mean it's bad. It just means it was cooked by a local. I bought tamales all the time from the back of a station wagon outside a Mexican grocery store on Victory Blvd. in North Hollywood too, and if you know North Hollywood, you know half of Mexico and Central America lives there. They were stunningly good, so I reckon I have as informed an opinion as the next food nut on this subject.

From my pov, the guy's place is falling down. I do in fact hope it is a temporary anomaly, but at the moment, it just isn't working for me.

Dr. B

Everyone has a pov, mate. As noted above, I said the new location started out on a high note. It is either growing too quickly, always a risk, or perhaps the incumbent costs of being in the new location may have him cutting corners he would rather not.

As to buying from street vendors in Mexico, no offense, but that's like saying I buy Thai food in Thailand, or Chinese food in China. Just because it's cooked there doesn't make it good not does it mean it's bad. It just means it was cooked by a local. I bought tamales all the time from the back of a station wagon outside a Mexican grocery store on Victory Blvd. in North Hollywood too, and if you know North Hollywood, you know half of Mexico and Central America lives there. They were stunningly good, so I reckon I have as informed an opinion as the next food nut on this subject.

From my pov, the guy's place is falling down. I do in fact hope it is a temporary anomaly, but at the moment, it just isn't working for me.

Dr. B

Just curious about the tamales at T&S.......both Sabaijai and Dr. Burrito have commented on them. I have yet to try them.

Back in the USA, I used to go to a very small Mom and Pop shop that made tamales and taquitos........nothing else............people were lined up down the street to eat their tamales.

It only had two tables..........virtually everything was "take-away."

The Mexican-American family that owned the place (Rosaritas) made beer can size tamales (I am exaggerating only slightly......they really were big) and put beef chile sauce on top and some cheese. They were so freakin' good.

The meat was very tender.......some shredded beef that had been cooked forever....and they were not dry.

In comparison to what I just said, how are the tamales at Tacos and Salsa?

Dr. B

Just curious about the tamales at T&S.......both Sabaijai and Dr. Burrito have commented on them. I have yet to try them.

Back in the USA, I used to go to a very small Mom and Pop shop that made tamales and taquitos........nothing else............people were lined up down the street to eat their tamales.

It only had two tables..........virtually everything was "take-away."

The Mexican-American family that owned the place (Rosaritas) made beer can size tamales (I am exaggerating only slightly......they really were big) and put beef chile sauce on top and some cheese. They were so freakin' good.

The meat was very tender.......some shredded beef that had been cooked forever....and they were not dry.

In comparison to what I just said, how are the tamales at Tacos and Salsa?

In comparison to that? They are not acceptable if that is your benchmark, but they are better than his other dishes I have had, at the moment anyway. Using condiments should always be an option, not a necessity. At the moment, they are a necessity, at least by my standards. Otherwise, they are just too dry and a bit on the bland side.

Look, I am not trying to slam the guy or his place. It still beats the competition, but that is not the way I judge it. When you are dishing out more than the going average for food, you expect a bit more. If he was charging the same as they charge for a bowl of local food served at a similar location, I'd simply shine it on. But when you walk away having paid upwards of 1,000 baht for a couple of people to eat a meal and have a few beers or drinks, I expect a bit more.

Dr. B

Edited by Dr. Burrito

Yes fish tacos might be the key. I can remember the days (pre-82) when most Thais were disgusted by pizza. Now they eat it like there's no tomorrow.

Please don't call what is served in Thailand pizza, that is just a terrible insult to the actual dish. Mayonnaise in place of mozzarella cheese does not even qualify as a poor substitute, I don't know what you would call it other than disgusting as is the so called pizza served here.

Dr. B

Yep, everyone has an opinion and I stand by mine. Mexico City street tamales are famous - you've not tried them, I assume. I find T&S's tamales neither dry nor bland.

Yep, everyone has an opinion and I stand by mine. Mexico City street tamales are famous - you've not tried them, I assume. I find T&S's tamales neither dry nor bland.

Thanks for the two previous posts on tamales..........still curious as I can't just walk over the Tacos and Salsa (as stated, takes me six hours to get there), does Jorge offer meat-chile sauce to go over the tamales?

Even though they tamales are likely not dry to the bone, some of us do like a nice meat sauce on top. That is, no doubt, more like Tex-Mex. The last thing we want is a healthy tamale! You have to throw the bad stuff on top: cheese, chile, etc.

[As an aside, I think that a simple tamale stand might make a good franchise concept in Thailand if the person doing it can figure out how to make tamales for both farangs and Thais..........and make them beer can size so that the customer does not have to order 12 to feel full.]

JR, Jorge's tamales are traditional Mexican tamales, ie no meat sauce. Choice of chicken, beef or pork; I've only had the chicken version.

They are delicious with any of the three table salsas, however. They're actually some of the most moist tamales I've ever eaten outside Mexico, and much less dry than the average Tex-Mex/American tamal, which really do need the red sauce or meat sauce. I'm a big fan of the Mississippi tamal myself, which uses regular cornmeal (drier than masa de tamal) and comes drenched in a red sauce inspired by chile colorado.

In Mexico there are many kinds of tamales and Mexico City tamales - tamales chilangos - are among the best. Those with meat in them are eaten with salsa roja (red hot sauce) or salsa verde (green hot sauce), similar to those served at T&S. Less typically in Mexico you may see them served with mole. My favorite place in Mexico City for tamales was Tamales Emporio. But the vendors along the main plazas sell delicious fresh tamales with a corn drink called atole, early in the morning, a quick and filling breakfast.

25 mexican tamal recipes

Tamales Ancira (San Diego)

index_07.png

The length of this thread does seem to say that Mexican food is important and missed.

I loved the food in the Mission...La Cumbre and of course la Rondia after after hours.

Bar none the Best Mexican food I have ever had anywhere was in Santa Barbara at La Superica.....Anyone that has ever eaten thre says the samr thing.

I will try the place on 18 this weekend. As I love Tamales......and good refries...Great posts everybody!!!!!!! I am starved for mexican food now.

The length of this thread does seem to say that Mexican food is important and missed.

I loved the food in the Mission...La Cumbre and of course la Rondia after after hours.

Bar none the Best Mexican food I have ever had anywhere was in Santa Barbara at La Superica.....Anyone that has ever eaten thre says the samr thing.

I will try the place on 18 this weekend. As I love Tamales......and good refries...Great posts everybody!!!!!!! I am starved for mexican food now.

Garret, I believe the location has changed already to be on Sukhumvit near soi 22 : )

Great review , thanks for the pictures.

the picture don't describe what they serve now. Had the beef soft shell tacos last nit and while it tated good the beef was tough. The side dish of rice was not spanish rice or Mesican. The beans were quire good. Even tough the place was small and seating uncomfotable I will go back to try the other menue items.

Great review , thanks for the pictures.

the picture don't describe what they serve now. Had the beef soft shell tacos last nit and while it tated good the beef was tough. The side dish of rice was not spanish rice or Mesican. The beans were quire good. Even tough the place was small and seating uncomfotable I will go back to try the other menue items.

I have eaten at T&S three times now..........each time I had the beef taco. I loved the corn tortilla.........the beef was OK........BUT, I don't see why it can't be cut up in small cubes and cooked (actually fried then boiled) in Mexican spices for at least three hours to make it very tender.......then shredded.........no excuse for cooks not doing that.

About the rice........I tried it once and will never order it again. I wish Jorge would make what most of us think of as "Mexican rice." Sabaijai posted a picture of tamales with beans and rice........that is the rice many of us like........I can tell you how to make it if you want.....very simple to do.

About the beans.......I thought they were very good.......best in town.

I also had a cheese enchilada there.....small but tasty.

Next time I think I will order one cheese enchilada, one beef tamale, and refried beans.........that might be real good at T&S.

Thanks for the two previous posts on tamales..........still curious as I can't just walk over the Tacos and Salsa (as stated, takes me six hours to get there), does Jorge offer meat-chile sauce to go over the tamales?

Even though they tamales are likely not dry to the bone, some of us do like a nice meat sauce on top. That is, no doubt, more like Tex-Mex. The last thing we want is a healthy tamale! You have to throw the bad stuff on top: cheese, chile, etc.

[As an aside, I think that a simple tamale stand might make a good franchise concept in Thailand if the person doing it can figure out how to make tamales for both farangs and Thais..........and make them beer can size so that the customer does not have to order 12 to feel full.]

No meat sauce that I have seen - had the tamales a couple of times. I found them about like tamales in (Jorge will kill me for this) "sit down" Tex-Mex places back home. A little plumper, a little less spicy and what have you than the kind you buy from your local Mexican tamale lady in Texas. I used the salsa on the table, but something more appropriate would make it a little better.

Still, I can't complain. I really like his joint, he's always a nice guy when I come in and the food hasn't changed at all. I live nearby and I went regularly before, I go regularly now and it's pretty much the same food I ate 2-3 times a week previously. Service is really friendly. Beans are still excellent. Rice is still kinda lackluster, but that's not new. Tacos remain the same (mostly good, beef is too tough, but good affordable beef no existe here). Chilaquiles are still great. The green salsa has changed to something resembling the texture of a more traditional, less pureed salsa verde, that's about all I can think of. Sometimes during the day there's a menacing looking guy standing around looking mean and occasionally giving the machismo stare but that doesn't seem to affect the food quality, heh. I hate comparing the place to "back home" too much because we're not back home and because back home for me is Texas, not Mexico. It's certainly the best in Bangkok and it's not just "the best in Bangkok" but actually good on its own, so I don't think it needs handicapping like most of the other Mexican places that always seem to need an asterisk in the reviews.

I certainly recommend it to everyone and will continue to do so.

BUT, I don't see why it can't be cut up in small cubes and cooked (actually fried then boiled) in Mexican spices for at least three hours to make it very tender.......then shredded.........no excuse for cooks not doing that.

I can think of one ready excuse: That's not the way beef tacos are done in Mexico. The beef is sliced and grilled, then folded into the tortilla with a variety of condiments, chiles, grilled onions, whatever you like. The beef might be slightly seasoned with salt and pepper and lime juice before cooking, but never cooked for 'at least three hours' as that would remove much of the flavour. Or rather most of the flavour would be coming from spices rather than the beef itself. I doubt you'll convince Jorge to do it that way :)

I like Jorge's tacos al pastor, made with very tender pork, more than the beef tacos.

I'd like to see them try tacos de picadillo, which are close to what many Americans think of as a beef taco, at least the common fast-food style beef taco. In that case ground beef is cooked with onions, spices, tomatoes, etc to make sort of the Mexican equivalent of Isan laap, but less soupy. Found in many parts of northern Mexico, and a specialty of El Paso, too.

BUT, I don't see why it can't be cut up in small cubes and cooked (actually fried then boiled) in Mexican spices for at least three hours to make it very tender.......then shredded.........no excuse for cooks not doing that.

I can think of one ready excuse: That's not the way beef tacos are done in Mexico. The beef is sliced and grilled, then folded into the tortilla with a variety of condiments, chiles, grilled onions, whatever you like. The beef might be slightly seasoned with salt and pepper and lime juice before cooking, but never cooked for 'at least three hours' as that would remove much of the flavour. Or rather most of the flavour would be coming from spices rather than the beef itself. I doubt you'll convince Jorge to do it that way :)

I like Jorge's tacos al pastor, made with very tender pork, more than the beef tacos.

I'd like to see them try tacos de picadillo, which are close to what many Americans think of as a beef taco, at least the common fast-food style beef taco. In that case ground beef is cooked with onions, spices, tomatoes, etc to make sort of the Mexican equivalent of Isan laap, but less soupy. Found in many parts of northern Mexico, and a specialty of El Paso, too.

If you say so.........but the best taco/burrito meat I have ever had was made precisely that way.......and the flavor was enhanced by cooking it that way.......the water is allowed to condense way down......the meat is taken out and shredded when necessary........delicious and tender. It is a well known Mexican beef/pork cooking technique.

JR you must be thinking of carnitas, which is made by braising a whole pig in a copper cauldron with spices, fruit, etc, so the fat and bone are rendered by long cooking, adding to the flavours, after which the meat is shredded. I've never seen beef cooked the way you describe it either in Texas or Mexico, for Mexican cuisine at least.

Unless you're referring to pit-cooked barbacoa? That's not boiled but barbecued in a pit (originally in the ground, but in Texas that's illegal, for retail food sales, so they use pit bbqs), and it's mutton more often than beef. For tacos de barbacoa? In Mexico these are usually fried whole or at least the tortilla is fried. When I think of soft-tortilla'beef tacos' I think of tacos de carne asada, which use simple sliced and grilled beef, and seems to be the most common 'beef taco' in Mexico and Texas.

All three, ie, tacos de carne asada, tacos de barbacoa and tacos de picadillo, can be delicious.

I agree with your comments on the al pastor!

I am not a great lover of tacos de picadillo when compared to carne asada or other beef dishes, but since the beef here really leaves something to be desired, this might be a better option.  I would rather have decent tacos de picadillo than substandard carne asada.

JR you must be thinking of carnitas, which is made by braising a whole pig in a copper cauldron with spices, fruit, etc, so the fat and bone are rendered by long cooking, adding to the flavours, after which the meat is shredded. I've never seen beef cooked the way you describe it either in Texas or Mexico, for Mexican cuisine at least.

Unless you're referring to pit-cooked barbacoa? That's not boiled but barbecued in a pit (originally in the ground, but in Texas that's illegal, for retail food sales, so they use pit bbqs), and it's mutton more often than beef. For tacos de barbacoa? In Mexico these are usually fried whole or at least the tortilla is fried. When I think of soft-tortilla'beef tacos' I think of tacos de carne asada, which use simple sliced and grilled beef, and seems to be the most common 'beef taco' in Mexico and Texas.

All three, ie, tacos de carne asada, tacos de barbacoa and tacos de picadillo, can be delicious.

lll

I have no idea what it is called in the Mexican language.........but I can assure you, as you know already, that there are many forms of cooking in Mexico.........if the meat is decent, you can cook it similar to how people in Pattaya cook their version of Arabic food.......on a rotating cooking device over a grill. You can also smoke it for many hours to make it tender. If it a good cut of meat, like a sirloin, you can just grill it and slice it up. But if it is a tough cut of meat, like a roast, you need to use the method I suggested to make it very tender......nothing wrong with it and it produces some moist, tender, spicy meat as the end product.

I can think of two Mom and Pop Mexican restaurants that use this cooking method..........one was in California and the other was in Oregon. The meat was left to sit int he "sauce" all day, and it was lifted up and allowed to drain before serving. They made their own taco shells.........I can only tell you that both places served the best tacos I have ever eaten. The same method was used by a restaurant owner in California to make huge tamales.......it works. I strongly advise anybody who wants to avoid ground beef to use this cooking method to pork and beef. The bulk of if can be places in plastic bags and frozen...........no problem.

I'd also be interested in grilled beef tacos instead of whatever method is currently used. More similar to carne asada. I'm not at all dissatisfied with what's there. Just that if we're naming our druthers then that's mine.

I'd also be interested in grilled beef tacos instead of whatever method is currently used. More similar to carne asada. I'm not at all dissatisfied with what's there. Just that if we're naming our druthers then that's mine.

It seems to me that many of you want what we call, back in Texas, a fajita. You can make them with flour or corn tortillas.

Tacos, to the best of my limited knowledge, are "street food." By that I mean common.......everyday stuff, made with whatever fresh ingredients are available--beef, pork, chicken, sausage..........sliced, ground, shredded, chopped..........whatever.

I would like to be able to order good fajitas.........the type that are grilled over a real fire, sliced, and very tender (marinated).........basically, sliced top sirloin steak inside a warm tortilla served w/ quacamole, salsa, sour cream, refried beans and Mexican rice.

Try making fajitas with T-Bone steak...........wow! But it would cost too much in Thailand.

No relation to fajitas, which are more Tex-Mex than Mexican. Most food historians say the dish was invented in Laredo, TX; although Mexican arracheras is the same cut of meat, skirt steak or 'belt,' it's rarely seen outside Baja, Sonora and Nuevo Leon. A lot of gringos write that fajitas and arracheras are the same but to me the American way of making them is nothing like the Mexican way, for my tastes anyway. Different seasonings, and the skirt is always cooked as a slab and most of the time they don't slice the meat before serving, rather you cut it up yourself, like steak. In Mexico there's no such thing as 'chicken fajitas,' since the name itself - 'little belts' - refers to the specific cut of beef. Half the time the Americans use a different cut of beef (usually flank or sirloin, rather than skirt, so it's not true fajitas). Also in Mexico they don't smother the meat in sliced onions and bell peppers either (except at tourist restaurants in Los Cabos, etc).

Typical Mexican arracheras:

13182107_7a1b8c6dad.jpg

arrachera.jpg

Typical American fajitas:

fajitas.jpg

Chicken tacos are unusual in Mexico, except in resort areas oriented towards gringo tourists, or when you make your own by buying pollo asado (grilled chicken), a stack of torillas and fresh salsa. Tacos made with goat or mutton are far more common than chicken. As for pork tacos, they're almost always carnitas, ie braised and pulled.

The most common tacos in all 26 states of Mexico are those made with carne asada, slices of beef quickly grilled. There are all kinds of other tacos made with calf brains, cheeks, tongue, tripe, you name it but when beef is used, that's the most typical. You don't find shredded beef like you see in the US at all, except when it's dried beef (machaca, in the north for the most part), which is quickly fried in oil with onions and sometimes potatoes before folding into the tortillas.

These are tacos de carne asada:

tacos-de-carne-asada1.jpg

I'm just explaining how they don't make beef tacos in Mexico the way you describe. I'm not a fan of the shredded, stewed beef style tacos, but to each his own. I've had some excellent tacos de carne asada, made in the traditional style, in San Antonio and Houston. And I've had good ground beef tacos as well, esp when prepared as picadillo.

By the way, the salsa in the bottom-most photo - called salsa casera or salsa cruda - is the most common salsa served with tacos in Mexico but most taco stands will have two or three or four to choose from, along with pureed guacamole, grilled chiles, sliced radishes, etc. Cheese isn't so common but some places serve quesotacos, which are regular tacos de carne asada with melted cheese added. The most common cheese is queso asadero, which is more similar to mozzarella than to jack or cheddar.

I agree with your comments on the al pastor!

I am not a great lover of tacos de picadillo when compared to carne asada or other beef dishes, but since the beef here really leaves something to be desired, this might be a better option.  I would rather have decent tacos de picadillo than substandard carne asada.

Same here :D

I loved the posts.........especially the quacamole and beans. I have no problem with any of these cooking techniques as long as the meat is tender.........I hate chewing rope and spitting most of it out. :)

Chicken tacos? I have never seen anybody eat it at any Mexican restaurant..........but sometimes chicken enchiladas with green sauce is good.....or cheese enchiladas.

Personally, I like beef when I am eating at a Mexican restaurant........good beef: beef enchiladas, beef tamales, beef fajitas, beef rellenos, etc.

If you make tacos with ground sirloin........fine........tastes wonderful and is tender.

Now I am really, really hungry for Mexican food. I wish I could fly to Dallas and go to El Fenix or over to Ft. Worth and go to Joe T. Garcias........nothing like it in Thailand. But Jorge's beans are getting there.........and the three salsas is a nice touch.

Also, the cheese enchiladas are OK........wish he would make them bigger.