I'd Like To Improve My Norwegian Language Skill.

Lorlum

Hei,

I am a young Thai guy aged 27 and hav been working in Pattaya for 9 months. I am a full-time general medical practitioner working in a private medical clinic. I was a former neurosurgical resident, I quit my training a year ago largely becuz of the bad/collapsing/patients-crowded govt-funded health sector, the malpractice insurance will rise, malpractice rate will get higher each year, OPD workload has never been < 80 cases/doc/day for doctors in govt-funded hospitals.

Anyway :o I have a plan to move to Norway to continue my specialization training and hopefully settle down there.

This is my plan

[a] learn Norwegian and get a Norwegian proficiency certificate by 2010

start "turnus" (medical practical training for 18 months) by winter 2011

[c] start my residency training right after the 2012 Summer olympic

By now, I have been doing a self-study of Norwegian language for 3 months. I'd like to make friends with Norwegian/Danish-speaking people (any age/sex/gender identity/nationality) to improve my Norwegian language skill... mostly with the "Pronunciation" and a little bit of the [phrasal verbs/collocations].

I work 9 - 5 only for weekdays, I don't have night shifts so my work is not tiring but quite boring and gives me much more free time.

my weekend activity - usually hang out at starbucks/photography/driving to Bangkok for hanging out with friends/movie at Lido-HouseRCA.

Ted

Hei,

I am a young Thai guy aged 27 and hav been working in Pattaya for 9 months. I am a full-time general medical practitioner working in a private medical clinic. I was a former neurosurgical resident, I quit my training a year ago largely becuz of the bad/collapsing/patients-crowded govt-funded health sector, the malpractice insurance will rise, malpractice rate will get higher each year, OPD workload has never been < 80 cases/doc/day for doctors in govt-funded hospitals.

Anyway :o I have a plan to move to Norway to continue my specialization training and hopefully settle down there.

This is my plan

[a] learn Norwegian and get a Norwegian proficiency certificate by 2010

start "turnus" (medical practical training for 18 months) by winter 2011

[c] start my residency training right after the 2012 Summer olympic

By now, I have been doing a self-study of Norwegian language for 3 months. I'd like to make friends with Norwegian/Danish-speaking people (any age/sex/gender identity/nationality) to improve my Norwegian language skill... mostly with the "Pronunciation" and a little bit of the [phrasal verbs/collocations].

I work 9 - 5 only for weekdays, I don't have night shifts so my work is not tiring but quite boring and gives me much more free time.

my weekend activity - usually hang out at starbucks/photography/driving to Bangkok for hanging out with friends/movie at Lido-HouseRCA.

Ted

You can try the Norwegian Seaman Church in Thappraya rd soi 7 - maybe they can help? :D

You can try the Norwegian Seaman Church in Thappraya rd soi 7 - maybe they can help? :D

Thank you Bergen for the info.

I've googled for further info of 'Norwegian Seaman Church', I found only the number n address. I'll give them a call 2morrow though see if there's any activities I cound probably join them there.

:o

tusen :o takk I've already talked to "helsetilsynet" (Norwegian Health and Social Services) /"legeforening" (medical association there)/UDI immigration . They gave me documents concerning ... well just everything I need to know... all the stats / tax system / work-residence permit / rules&regulations / turnus training / Norwegian proficiency test-certification/ HOW-TO verify my MD medical degree / ..

Norwegian officials were very nice...

Besides, the web บ้านไทย for Thai communities in Scandi "http://thailandska.se/index.php" and pantipไกลบ้าน also gave me a "Black book" information of how to deal with the "Utlendingsdirektoratet"

but I think the conventional way of going there is not complicated n not too hard if u're a qualified skilled foreign workers outside EEA.

• 4 weeks later...